• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SKYWARD SWORD, EASIEST ZELDA GAME TO DATE?

finding the things was defiantly easier then usual but that dosent make it easy some of the fights where pains in the arse and some fight never stop being a pain in the arse

I am still racking my brain to figure out why they just gave us 3 more hearts. I seriously can't think of a single reason besides noobifying. They noobified everything. They noobified the overworld, they noobified Skyloft, and they noobified the puzzles. I feel like the Silent Realms were the most challenging parts of the game.

S

SaruKame2

In my opinion, Twilight Princess is the easiest Zelda game to date. Skyward Sword proves to be far more challenging, most noticeably in its swordplay.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
It was generally easy but I found the combat was hard at times. Ghirahim, Demise and a few of the other enemies made the combat hard. Other than that, the puzzles were pretty easy and finding all the item didn't take long at all. I'm not sure if it is the easiest though. You've gotta remember that Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass were easy.

G

Gerren

I am still racking my brain to figure out why they just gave us 3 more hearts. I seriously can't think of a single reason besides noobifying. They noobified everything. They noobified the overworld, they noobified Skyloft, and they noobified the puzzles. I feel like the Silent Realms were the most challenging parts of the game.

Uh... they doubled the health since they quadrupled the damage. This way, Link's health doesn't "scale" as well later in the game.

M

MIGHTY MANIEL

This hastily became a flame war. Sad part is, it's a flame war between Zelda fans... over Zelda games. Honestly, you have to look at all the facts in moderation; which nobody is really doing.

First things first: I don't think any of you even know what Zelda is, and I don't you've noticed its ESRB rating. Zelda--from the original to Skyward Sword--is geared toward children. It can be, and has been, classified as a kid-friendly game. By the looks of it, most of you are seasoned Zelda enthusiasts--much like myself. The game has always been fun, and the style will never grow old. It's fun, it's lengthy, it wastes your time appropriately.

If you're wondering why I mentioned its a game for children when I myself (at age eighteen, mind you) still avidly playing it, well, look at the facts: just about every other game out there nowadays is easy. Really easy. Overly easy. For example, look at the Call of Duty franchise. Simplest thing on the planet, yet, so many people play it. Zelda is a true test of time. Through all this mumbo-jumbo, you're failing to realize you're arguing about difficulty. That in itself should tell you you're playing one spectacular game. Also, don't argue Call of Duty can be difficult--it was not an opinion and therefore is in arguable. Drop it.

Now, in order to shed a little of my own light on the situation, I'll have to say you need to, as I said before, judge in moderation. By that, I mean you have to take everything into consideration. Right down to how you liked Link's face in a specific game. Because once you get down to it, isn't that all you really even can judge? All the games were designed to be finished by an eight-year-old. Personally, I think the best Zedla surely has to be Wind Waker. It has balance, it has charm, it's approachable to anyone who loves Zelda, or anyone who wants to get into Zelda. Not as daunting a quest as Ocarina of Time. Not as spooky as Majora's Mask. Not as dark as Twilight Princess. Not quite as poppy and vibrant as Skyward Sword. Instead, it has a pleasant mix of all that. I found myself creeped out by some of the stuff, daunted by the scope of things, mesmerized by how dark some of the bosses and dungeons could be, and happy when I stopped and notice the cel-shaded beauty of it.

That's all fact, but saying that makes it the best is a matter of opinion. Just remember it all is in the eye of the beholder. Also, as a quick side-note: the length of each of these games have improved dramatically. I finished my first playthrough of Majora's Mask in a mere sixteen hours without a guide and ended with sixteen heart containers and the Fierce Deity's mask. It took me a whopping fifty hours to no-guide Twilight Princess. No difference in difficulty. Just how large each are changes the playtime.

That's all I'll say, because I'm not going to get into new mechanics and all that, because I'm traditional and would prefer a book over an ebook; buttons over motions.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
First things first: I don't think any of you even know what Zelda is, and I don't you've noticed its ESRB rating. Zelda--from the original to Skyward Sword--is geared toward children. [...] The game has always been fun, and the style will never grow old. It's fun, it's lengthy, it wastes your time appropriately.

[...] That in itself should tell you you're playing one spectacular game. Also, don't argue Call of Duty can be difficult--it was not an opinion and therefore is in arguable. Drop it.

Regardless of what Zelda is or what its target audience is, you can't help but notice that the games have gotten progressively easier since TWW. Meaning, difficulty went down (skyrocketed downwards, which makes no sense at all), puzzles have become less inspired, and overall the games just aren't satisfying due to the ease with which you can complete them. No challenge doesn't ALWAYS mean no fun, look at most 2D platformers, but in the case of Zelda? I know TLoZ to be a series that can challenge me from time to time, a series that can provide at least SOME difficulty in completing any ol' game. SS doesn't give me any of that, sans Sky Keep. Also, totally disagree about the "it's fun" part of your first paragraph. You personally may have fun with any game in the series, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE does.

CoD being easy is an opinion. If it's so easy, why aren't you people in MLG corners making a ton of money? Or perhaps playing with other big time companies making money? Yeah, I thought as much -- it really isn't so easy, is it?

M

MIGHTY MANIEL

If you don't have fun with some of them, simply don't play them. It doesn't matter what you think; the premise of a game is to provide you with time-wasting fun. What is fun is defined by all who wish to define it. But no matter how you would personally like to peg it, the game is fun. If I'd said everyone believes every game ever created is an bundle of recreational expertise, I would take your refute into account. But honestly, if snide, impertinent bratiness is how you choose to front your side, I really won't carry on an in arguable argument.

I guess I will provide a question, though. Because I've been dying to know from where you've pulled your information. Tell me, because you seem to have such a vast knowledge of the subject, what is so uninspired about the puzzle-solving nowadays? I mean, sure, if you were color-blind, tone-deaf, had epilepsy, blurred vision, and no sense of touch or direction, the older puzzles presented a different, more difficult challenge. I'll assume you were experiencing such and, by the grace of devine power, were alleviated of said hindrances by the time Wind Waker came about. I hope you can go back and enjoy the older ones now that you're A-okay! You'll have loads of fun now that you can properly experience them, and perhaps you'll finally understand they're the same things with a different skin, story (much shorter, mind you), and, in newer cases, the way they're played.

Happy gaming!

Oh, also, the difference between an MLG player and everyone else is 1,000+ hours of playtime.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you don't have fun with some of them, simply don't play them. It doesn't matter what you think; the premise of a game is to provide you with time-wasting fun.

what is so uninspired about the puzzle-solving nowadays?

Oh, also, the difference between an MLG player and everyone else is 1,000+ hours of playtime.
Excellent vocabulary.

This first little chunk makes me :facepalm: . All critique of any games exist, and they're actually USEFUL. Look at Sonic 2006. Are you going to claim that what I think of the game, what so many people think of the game, doesn't matter? Without critiquing the game, finding faults or areas where it could be improved, games will become stagnant and errors such as...Sonic the Hedgehog will only repeat themselves.

Furthermore, Zelda is a series that has changed over the years, changed a LOT. Many of the changes were due to player reception, aka criticism. Look at the comparison of Wind Waker to Twilight Princess. TWW is a cel shaded game, yes? Lots of fans hated cel shaded, so Nintendo took the advice and made Twilight Princess, a more realistic art style approach to the Zelda world. Some fans hated THAT, and Nintendo developed the uninspired (imo) Skyward Sword, which fits the game world perfectly. Critique matters, regardless of what the premise of a video game is. Nice try, though.

What's uninspired about puzzle solving in newer Zeldas, particularly Skyward Sword? "and perhaps you'll finally understand they're the same things [...]" is what's uninspired about puzzle solving in newer Zeldas. They're the same thing, sometimes dumbed down, which ultimately makes them boring. Repetitive, uninspired regurgitations of things we've seen in the past.

Do you take what you're saying seriously? An MLG player isn't on the caliber of "everyone else". 1,000+ hours of playtime doesn't make you better than others, it's all in the skill. That's like telling me that Kayane is a player equal to me, just that she has more gametime under her belt. That's completely false; Kayane has more skill than me and this is readily apparent, which is why a) she makes money off of what she does and b) she's even in the Soul tourney scene to begin with. Send any ol' "everyone else" kinda player against an MLG or a tourney player and watch as they get demolished. Enough of this section, though, it's off topic.

Last edited:
M

MIGHTY MANIEL

I... When in the world did I say critique meant nothing? Of course critique means something. I very clearly stated the game's skin has changed. I also clearly stated the graphical enhancements--or for some whiney people, a lack thereof--meant nothing in terms of what the game is. And it doesn't. No matter how much your eyes hate things and eschew what you should be thinking, the game is still the same. Premise and critique are two entirely different ends of two entirely different spectra, and I'm positively dizzy trying to imagine why you'd drag the latter into the conversation. So... nice try, though?

Okay, I somewhat agree with one thing you said: they're the same things all over again (though you cannot deny there's some new in the mix). That doesn't make them dumbed down. And if want to provide me with some raw evidence, sure, I'll back down slightly. But at this point, you're saying things I can't foresee you being able to back.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
What's uninspired about puzzle solving in newer Zeldas, particularly Skyward Sword? "and perhaps you'll finally understand they're the same things [...]" is what's uninspired about puzzle solving in newer Zeldas. They're the same thing, sometimes dumbed down, which ultimately makes them boring. Repetitive, uninspired regurgitations of things we've seen in the past.

The only people that I've ever seen say modern Zelda has uninspired puzzles are those that have played the series for a long time. And you know what? That makes a whole lot of sense. It's pretty easy to know what to look for when you're a seasoned veteran. One thing I can't understand is why people would say this about ST and SS, though. The puzzles in those games were pretty stinkin' innovative, especially in SS, home to some of the most innovative puzzles in the entire franchise. Why people would say otherwise is very head-scratching.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I... When in the world did I say critique meant nothing?

Okay, I somewhat agree with one thing you said: they're the same things all over again (though you cannot deny there's some new in the mix). That doesn't make them dumbed down. And if want to provide me with some raw evidence, sure, I'll back down slightly. But at this point, you're saying things I can't foresee you being able to back.
"It doesn't matter what you think; the premise of a game is to provide you with time-wasting fun." pretty much equals 'critique means nothing'. I admit, sometimes I do a bit of pointless whining, but I do have legitimate complaints about the game from time to time, the lack of difficulty being one of them given that I'm a seasoned Zelda veteran who looks at the series with a certain point of view and will not be swayed from said POV.

I never said that having the same things makes them dumbed down. I said, and I quote: "They're the same thing, sometimes dumbed down, which ultimately makes them boring. Repetitive, uninspired regurgitations of things we've seen in the past." That isn't me saying things I'm unable to back. That's you imagining me saying things I'm unable to back, which are two totally different things.

The puzzles in those games were pretty stinkin' innovative, especially in SS, home to some of the most innovative puzzles in the entire franchise. Why people would say otherwise is very head-scratching.
Well, I'm not going to lie and say that SS' new puzzles were totally old and reused from elder games, nope. But the other puzzles, and these are puzzles that take up the majority of the puzzles in the game, felt entirely rehashed from some other work that I had previously played. That's just me, though. I realize that others have difficulty with the puzzles and that is perfectly fine; some people have more acuteness with things than others at the end of the day. =)

Last edited:
M

MIGHTY MANIEL

Still not seeing what you're twisting in my words, but okay. It doesn't matter what you think. The premise is always the same. They've yet to create a non-kid-friendly Zelda premise. Graphics and premise are, again, on two completely different ends of two completely different spectra. I guess if making things up is how we're doing this, fine. I was confronted by God yesterday. Him and I had a long, eye-opening conversation. Among things such as the meaning of life and how exactly to master E.T. for the Atari 2600, he asked me to inform the world regarding all the Zeldas being pretty much the exact same thing. I mean, come on. God told me. It's obviously true. Please learn how to read before you reply to this little portion.

You're actually beginning to make me laugh with how backwards your mind works. The fact is, you didn't even give a reason as to why you think they're dumbed down. You said they are, and that's that. I presented a guess as to what you were trying to get at, and there you go, refuting my guess by simply quoting your already debunked and directionally bigoted statement. Well done, I guess.

Also, you're positively brimming with complete impudence toward all, aren't you? JuicieJ harmlessly entered with a valid statement, and you nastily imply you're just better and that he or she should just stop right there because you're the almighty genius.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It doesn't matter what you think. The premise is always the same. They've yet to create a non-kid-friendly Zelda premise.

You're actually beginning to make me laugh with how backwards your mind works. The fact is, you didn't even give a reason as to why you think they're dumbed down. You said they are, and that's that. I presented a guess as to what you were trying to get at, and there you go, refuting my guess by simply quoting your already debunked and directionally bigoted statement. Well done, I guess.

Also, you're positively brimming with complete impudence toward all, aren't you? JuicieJ harmlessly entered with a valid statement, and you nastily imply you're just better and that he or she should just stop right there because you're the almighty genius.
Twilight Princess managed a T rating, and "Teen" games typically aren't "kid friendly". Not even sure what this has to do with SS being easy -- LoZ is a 'kid friendly' game yet it is ridiculously hard for many, and need I cite Adventure of Link?

Do I need to give a reason as to why I think they're dumbed down? Why can you not compare SS to previous games featuring some of the same puzzles? Does the fact that, for the most part, SS being a hallway in that it is extremely linear not make things even a teensy bit 'dumbed down'?

Perhaps because I *am* better at the game than others, you know, the game being extremely easy to me, that I can say that SS' puzzles didn't daunt me? I was never near implying that JJ should "just stop right there". I simply told him how I felt towards the puzzles, and that's that. Hell, what I was REALLY getting at in my response to JJ was affirming what he had already said:

The only people that I've ever seen say modern Zelda has uninspired puzzles are those that have played the series for a long time. And you know what? That makes a whole lot of sense. It's pretty easy to know what to look for when you're a seasoned veteran.

Also, I know very well how to read. What you're looking for is "learn how to comprehend text", which is an issue I believe you are having. kthx, have a nice day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom