• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo Be Able to Trademark "Its on Like Donkey Kong"

Should Nintendo be allowed to Trade Mark "It's on like Donkey Kong"?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

• They can sure try but.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
Should Nintendo be Able to Trademark "It's On Like Donkey Kong"
---------------------------------------------------------------​

I think so, after all Donkey Kong is Nintendo's Charictar and the phrase "Its On Like Donkey Kong" obviously owes its coining to Nintendo and Donkey Kong.​

Also wasn't the phrase used to market Donkey Kong in the mid-90's? (Im not sure if it was maybe somene can help me there.)​

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Actually, I think that at this point, they can't trademark the phrase. They might have if they'd done so earlier, but it may be too late.

They can trademark the word Donkey Kong in the phrase, but not the whole phrase. Also, it would depend on the context in which the phrase were used. Some instances might allowed.

I've heard that even Google is having trouble holding onto their trademark, because people are using the word "Google" to mean internet searching in general.

If they succeeded, people would just drop the word "Donkey" from the phrase, and just say, "It's on like a Kong!" And Kong isn't trademarked.

AaronX

One who sits
I find this entire concept freakin hilarious.

I don't think people would do the whole "It's on like a Kong" thing. I think it just sounds bad. You have to put the word "Donkey" in there. You just have to.

It would be censorship if they copyrighted it, but then again, if a Canadian company can trademark the term "yo-yo", then I'm sure Nintendo can use the same stupid excuse the said company used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom