• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Should I Choose Ocarina of Time?

B

Bloot

Right, so I have a problem.

I have about 1000 points on my Virtual Console account and I can't decide if I should use those points to download OoT. Thing is, I've already downloaded Majora's Mask and I'm not liking it too much. Kinda starting to wish I had chosen OoT over it. Anyway, I've already previously owned OoT on the 64 a long time ago and beaten it, so should I download it again? Either that or use my 1000 points to download something else...

Oh, and sorry if this isn't in the right category. I wasn't sure where to put it and I AM talking about OoT soo...

Yeah, any suggestions? :(

Well, you're in Zelda forums so obviously pretty much everyone agrees that you definetily should pick Ocarina of Time. I was just wondering why don't you like Majora's Mask? It kicks butt in my opinnion.

B

Bloot

That might be what I end up doing. I was thinking of Super Mario World on the SNES too...

Anyway, I think I'm just a little frustrated with it. I'm at the part where I have to save the monkey in the Deku kingdom and I'm having the hardest time getting to it, not to mention the whole time thing is really become very troublesome. I just sort of miss how OoT was very simple and laid-back, whereas in MM I feel like I'm doing everything wrong.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
MM is like that, bloot, you have a time limit and everything seems a mess when you start, but once you don't care about time, the game will seem much easier... ;)

Anyway, back to the topic, considering this is a Zelda forum all the people will tell you to choose OOT.
Also, why not choose OOT? It is an epic game, and a must for every person who likes Zelda.
Choose OOT, it is very worth it!

D

Dirty Link

OOT is my fave game ever, however, you could very easily download it to your computer on project 64 and use the points maybe for an game on an earlier system. I definitely suggest playing it one way or another though

Zarom

The King
I have OOT and Super Mario World. They are both awesome games. Super Mario World is harder than OOT, but if you like Zelda even only a teeny bit, OOT is definitely the one you should pick. That game is epic. Not my favorite Zelda, but it's the first one I played and it's amazing. I don't know why you dislike MM, because in my opinion, it is the best Zelda game ever.

B

Bloot

Taking into consideration what everyone has offered I think I will download OoT and play it again. After all, it was a great game, one of my favorites, and I miss it like hell. Thanks guys. Except for you, Dirty Link: you just HAD to further the chasm with your suggestion, huh? ~_^

B

Bloot

I think it is available. I vaguely remember seeing it.

In the end I chose OoT, guys. Needless to say, after years of being separated from it I was the happiest I had been all day when I downloaded it.

Majora's Mask is a game you need to get into. Ocarina of Time is more accessible and one of the better ones to start the series. I strongly suggest playing it and then try MM again if you enjoy OoT. MM is not the best game to start your VC collection of Zelda games, but more of a game for the fans who already played OoT.

You didn't like Majora's Mask? Eh oh well. As Rensch said it something you have to get into. Yes OoT is DEFINETLY worth it. It is my favorite Zelda game of all time.

B

Bloot

You didn't like Majora's Mask? Eh oh well. As Rensch said it something you have to get into. Yes OoT is DEFINETLY worth it. It is my favorite Zelda game of all time.

Nah, I'm just playing through OoT again. MM is okay but it's just too overly difficult at times. I know the game is short, yet I'm sure it will take me a lot longer to play it.

CZG

I say OoT is the most recommanded of the series.

Take your time to play MM, you'll love it once you get the hang of it!
If you still don't like it that much. Go for A Link to the Past, you can't go wrong on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom