• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Buy Darksiders?

I want to know if it is worth buying Darksiders or is it better to just rent it or borrow from a friend?
I'm a big fan of the zelda and god of war series and I hear that darksiders is similar to both of those franchises

NintyRift

Here and There
I've always wanted to try out Darksiders, but never had the time. Maybe I will this summer once I finish school and after the Zelda Symphony in June!! :D

Deeds

no text
I'm definetely thinking about buying this game. I assure you though, Darksiders II on the Wii U is in-fact reserved ;)

S

Stinkylink31

if you like zelda and god of war i would definitely recomend it

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Give it a try, the demo is fantastic. I agree, you should buy it. I like to think of it as an mature zelda. But keep that in mind. If you don't like blood, violence paired with zelda gameplay awesomeness, this probably isn't the game for you.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
I think you should buy it. You definitely want to replay a game like this, with lots of things to collect and areas to explore you would want to play this game several times.

Din Akera

Sniper
I am a Zelda gamer for sure. I love the Zelda series more than any game series I have ever played. I got Darksiders as a present a long time ago and I never had the motivation to play it. After finishing Assassin's Creed 3 I was looking for something new to play, and after some pushing from a friend I finally put the game in a couple days ago. I have not been able to stop thinking about and playing the game. I had always thought that what everyone said about the series being very comparable to Zelda was probably loosely tied and fairly insignificant. I couldn't have been more wrong. Within the first sequence I saw so many obvious parallels in game mechanics I felt right at home. I have already grown attached to War and have easily adapted to the new setting. I would highly recommend the game to any Zelda player.

Hope that information is useful to you. But I do agree with what was said about trying it out first and then buying it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'd rent it. It felt much more like PoP than Zelda to me and I found myself disappointed.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
If it were still $60, I would recommend renting it first just to see if you like it. However, you can find it for $20 or less nowadays, so I'd say go ahead and buy it. It's a good game overall, and since you're a fan of both Zelda and God of War, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Hell, if you like it, you should try out Darksiders II afterwards. It's a GREAT game. If you like the original Darksiders, you'll love II.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I want to know if it is worth buying Darksiders or is it better to just rent it or borrow from a friend?
I'm a big fan of the zelda and god of war series and I hear that darksiders is similar to both of those franchises

If you have the ability to rent a game before purchasing it, I highly recommend you jump at that opportunity. It'll give you a feel for the game and its mechanics. Although, I caution you that the game does offer violence and gore. If you think you're willing to handle it, by all means try it out. If you only have the option of buying it, I recommend doing research on the game beforehand. The best way is to watch an LPer (preferably Kuddlesnot) play the game so you understand what you're about to purchase.

I don't think the person who posted this thread still needs help, but it would be a good reference for other's pondering the thought of purchasing the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom