• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shiekah Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack546

The chosen one
I have just read the manga for a link to the past and in some pages you see the shiekah crest on aginams chest and in one of the chapters we learn aginams past but what if the shiekah are select hilians that are chosen to protect the hilians royal family and aginam is just a rouge shiekiah who is getting his revenge on the royal family

what do you think?

Akira Himekawa's manga are pretty much non-canon, but it is true that Aganhim had the Sheikah Eye on his robes. I am pretty sure that the design of the Sheikah was based from that, noting that Sheik covered his/her mouth just as Agahnim did. I wouldn't say he is of the Sheikah tribe, as he is a wizard. I do recall that he was trusted by the Royal Family, but I feel there needs more evidence to back up this theory.
To relate to the emblems found on some characters, I am aware the Zant, Onox, and Veran all wear a [modified] Gerudo symbol on their clothes. Again, it doesn't mean much without any proof and evidence to back it up.

Last edited:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Generally, the manga is not considered to be canon, so I wouldn't make the focal point of your argument around the manga.

More importantly, though, it's highly unlikely that Agahnim is Sheikah, primarily because the notion of the Sheikah did not exist at the time ALttP was being developed. It is possible that Nintendo based the Sheikah symbol off of the one seen on Agahnim's robes as an homage. It is also unlikely that Agahnim is of Sheikah ancestry, because the Sheikah had more or less been wiped out by the time of the events of OoT.

Lastly, I'm not sure if you've played ALttP, but it is revealed in the game that revenge is not his primary incentive for usurping the throne. I'll try not to spoil any more of the game, so I'll just close on saying that, to the best of my knowledge, the game does not have any evidence to support Agahnim being a Sheikah.

Akira Himekawa's manga are pretty much non-canon, but it is true that Aganhim had the Sheikah Eye on his robes. I am pretty sure that the design of the Sheikah was based from that, noting that Sheik covered his/her mouth just as Agahnim did. I wouldn't say he is of the Sheikah tribe, as he is a wizard. I do recall that he was trusted by the Royal Family, but I feel there needs more evidence to back up this theory.
To relate to the emblems found on some characters, I am aware the Zant, Onox, and Veran all wear a [modified] Gerudo symbol on their clothes. Again, it doesn't mean much without any proof and evidence to back it up.

I think its interesting that the villians have similar symbols and stuff on them though. Do you think that the Gerudo symbol could be considered a symbol of evil, since Zant, Onox and Veran shared it and since gannon was from gerudo dessert?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I think its interesting that the villians have similar symbols and stuff on them though. Do you think that the Gerudo symbol could be considered a symbol of evil, since Zant, Onox and Veran shared it and since gannon was from gerudo dessert?

I think that could be a good idea because originally at the beginning of the timeline the gerudos symbol obviously was meant to mean the gerudo but as the timeline progresses and Ganondorf and these other villians attack hyrule thje symbol that they wear upon their chest to denote their race could be obscured and start to mean evil because at that point in the timeline you dont see gerudos only villians with this symbol on their chest.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I really do not think that Agahnim is a Sheikah. He seems to have a philia for the eye, such as putting it on the floor of Hyrule Castle as kind of a doormat to the Tower portion of the dungeon. But think for a moment. The Sheikah have distinct physical features that separate them from Hylians. They share the pointed ears, yeah, but they all have red eyes. Impaz and Impa both have white hair, but Sheik has the dirty blonde hair like Link. Agahnim is a pale white/blue, with blueish gray eyes.

yeah, there's no way agahnim is a sheikah. That symbol was probably just given to whomever the royal family most trusted which was mostly the sheikah and then it became known as their symbol.

I think that seeing as the shiekah weren't even invented when ALttP was created, i doubt they ment for him to be a shiekah. however, it is likely that the developers based the shiekah's garments and symbol off of agahnim, though this dosen't mean he is one.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Agahnim isn't one of the Shiekah, my reasoning behind this is that if you notice that most of the evil enemies have the eye symbol which is like the Shiekah but not the same, Mandym, Agahnim never covered up his mouth like Shiek did, his mouth is open to see, if you don't believe me go to the ALTTP part on this website and look at his picture. Anyway a rouge ninja would never be a wizard, if anything he could be some lost member from that shadow tribe thingy that worshipped MM. I just don't really see how you could think that he was a Shiekah, the shiekah aren't ones for becoming rouge though, as seen by the fact that they are still protecting the Royal Family even after what had happened between them.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Agahnim isn't one of the Shiekah, my reasoning behind this is that if you notice that most of the evil enemies have the eye symbol which is like the Shiekah but not the same, Mandym, Agahnim never covered up his mouth like Shiek did, his mouth is open to see, if you don't believe me go to the ALTTP part on this website and look at his picture. Anyway a rouge ninja would never be a wizard, if anything he could be some lost member from that shadow tribe thingy that worshipped MM. I just don't really see how you could think that he was a Shiekah, the shiekah aren't ones for becoming rouge though, as seen by the fact that they are still protecting the Royal Family even after what had happened between them.​

That lost tribe was obliterated. I cannot remember where (If I'm wrong, correct me) but I'm pretty sure it was stated in the game at some point. Also, he may be related to the Interlopers from TP, especially if you believe them to be Sheikah. He has an eye without a tear shape, which was added to show sorrow over a betrayl of some kind (according to the manga) and he uses magic. He may very well be a zombified Sheikah, but I don't believe so for an instant. As for the rogue Sheikah not being able to use magic, the Interlopers EXCELLED in magic. Also, the Sheikah at least knew Din's Fire, as seen in Ocarina of Time, when it is required to enter the Shadow Temple, which of course is the Sheikah's Elemental Temple.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
That lost tribe was obliterated. I cannot remember where (If I'm wrong, correct me) but I'm pretty sure it was stated in the game at some point. Also, he may be related to the Interlopers from TP, especially if you believe them to be Sheikah. He has an eye without a tear shape, which was added to show sorrow over a betrayl of some kind (according to the manga) and he uses magic. He may very well be a zombified Sheikah, but I don't believe so for an instant. As for the rogue Sheikah not being able to use magic, the Interlopers EXCELLED in magic. Also, the Sheikah at least knew Din's Fire, as seen in Ocarina of Time, when it is required to enter the Shadow Temple, which of course is the Sheikah's Elemental Temple.
[/INDENT]
That's an interesting observation about the Shadow Temple, but I don't think it's significant enough to justify anything. The Temple was intentionally sealed away so that people in general couldn't access it, Sheikah or not. It's just meant to be difficult to access for anyone. Besides, it can be done with Fire Arrows if you hit multiple torches with one shot. My friend did it that way because he forgot what Din's Fire did. :P
I'm not opposing the idea that Sheikah can use magic (because I see no evidence against it), but I'm not sure that it's relevant to prove anything about Agahnim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom