• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Second Phase of the Sandship Boss

That squid boss aboard the sandship (tantalus was it?), at first I thought he was one tough boss. I had trouble beating him and it took me a few attempts. However, when I did eventually beat him, I came up with a unique and humerous strategy during the second phase of the battle (inwhich his tentacles grow teeth etc). Here's what I did: As soon as you climb up to the second area to start the second phase, at the very first second, I shot an arrow at his eye because he ALWAYS leaves an opening at the start of the phase. Then I slash him a few times. Then I PURPOSELY jump off the ledge, losing a heart in the process. When I appear back on the ledge, the boss has an opening to his eye again, so I shot another arrow straight away, then slashed at him and defeated him. In other words, I didn't stick around to find that second opening, I just jumped off so that the opening would happen again with no effort lol. I'm just wondering, did anyone else notice this and use this strategy to their advantage?

Skyloftian

Skyloft's Artist
I did actually, although I didn't realise falling off was giving me an advantage until I was 3 hearts away from death. Then I realised that you could slash at the medusa tentacles until they disappeared, allowing you to shoot at the Squid's eye. So that was a much better method for me since I was almost out of hearts!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Wow,thats a cool trick. I had no problem with him though. He was one of the easier bosses I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom