• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Scariest Zelda Enemy?

B

Blizzard78

What Zelda enemy did you guys find to be the most scariest?
Mine would be Dead Hand *looks around*
It's creepy...

For some reason, I never really found the Dead Hand all that creepy. The Redeads are what really gave me nightmares when I was little. I still get freaked out by them and hate that moaning sound you hear when one's in the room.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
The Sea Hats from Wind Waker. I hate sailing because of this. Not because it takes up a lot of time, but because of the Sea Hats. You can see them from miles away and even then they'll start chasing after you. OMG.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Hmm... Seahats. You'd be sailing around, minding your own business, when you come upon these flocks of giant flying shark things. You get close to them and they just float back and forth staring at you... And before you know it, you hear a loud sound like a low-flying helicopter and *bam* they ram you full force, knocking you into the ocean. But that doesn't mean they quit, no, they continue goring you with their "propellers" while you can't even fight back. Those things terrify me even to this day... Trying to outrun them is very nerve-racking.

EDIT: oops, EternalNocturne beat me to it, heheh.

Hrmm... There's a few that are scary-looking, mainly some in Twilight Princess with its better graphics, but then there's the kind that catch me by to surprise and I literally jump. Wall Masters didn't scare me, but in A Link to the Past, I always got grabbed sooner or later, so I brought a lot of magic potion and ended up using the Magic Cape the whole time. Well, it worked. Okay, so enemies that really freaked me out are the following:
-- ReDeads when I first saw them. I was all like, "Ooh, look at that one! It looks so totally frea--," Then I got squeezed while they did their "banshee screams". I did jump on that one. Now I just leave them alone and avoid having to battle them, unless it is necessary.
-- The Deku Babas in Ocarina of Time. I'm not insulting the graphics of the game, but they seem ragged, so it's hard to tell where the base of the plant is. So, then I just happen to walk right on top of ones hideout, and volia, I have jumped, and slashing my sword aimlessly until it dies. It must be fun watching me play Zelda. :P
-- Yes, the Seahats are quite annoying... Whenever I see their shadows in the distance ahead of me, I am like, "Oh, God... Here comes trouble..." Unless my destination is elsewhere, I will swerve completely out of that sector and continue on my route. If I have to, I will start singing Van Halen's "Jump", while constantly re-equipping my sail and jumping. It's quite funny.
-- The last time was a hilarious one-time happening. It was the first Pols Voice that appeared in Phantom Hourglass inside the Temple of Courage. It just randomly fell out of the sky, and I really jumped and let out a yelp. What was funny was that the yelp was registered in the microphone, before I realized what it was. So it curled up and I killed it. Only later in the temple, I realized that it was the famed Pols Voice from the original Legend of Zelda, of which hate loud noises. Loved that. ^^

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Not personally for the scary factor but more of the creepy factor... Re-deads.

Not because of their looks or their sound, although I will admit to jumping several times when i've played the games at night and forgotten that one was lurking, but more for the fact of what they do. With the amount of movies which generally adds up to anything clinging to you being bad, my overactive imagination warps the Re-dead 'hug'.

Deity

Well back when I was younger I found Pamela's father to fairly creepy (Hes the mummy that comes out of the closet in MM). Other than that I'd have to go with the dead hand.

Ikana

Trollkastel
When I was younger I used to be afraid of Re-deads.

It was because of the sound they would make.When I would watch my brother play he would have the volume a little too high and their scream would freak me out,those were the times lol.

Wallmasters not because of their appearance, but because when you enter a room and you get the warning telling you, you know that a mistake could lead to you being booted from the dungeon.

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
ReDeads still scare me now. Especially if you dont run away from them and they start knawing on your cranium.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Dead hands in Ocarina of Time.
Welll for one the look of them is purely disgusting and hideous, 2. it's a terrible way to get attacked and 3. the first time I got grabbed by one of those hands I freaked out a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom