• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil 6 Discussion Thread (Keep Everything About RE6 Here)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The more and more I view Chris gameplay, the more I yearn to play a third person Call of Duty. I'm not saying Chris' campaign will be bad, it's just well, it doesn't feel like Resident Evil. Dare I say, it doesn't feel remotely like horror at all, regardless of the series it is supposed to hail from. *speaking from a viewer's standpoint -- haven't played RE6 myself so maybe I should keep silent?*

I don't see how it looks anything like Call of Duty... Also, Chris' campaign is as much Resident Evil as Resident Evil 5 was. The horror of Chris' campaign comes from the feeling of being vulnerable and overwhelmed. Personally, Chris' campaign looks like lots of fun. I don't see why anyone should be expecting a full return to survival horror when the series has evolved passed that years ago.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't see how it looks anything like Call of Duty... Also, Chris' campaign is as much Resident Evil as Resident Evil 5 was. The horror of Chris' campaign comes from the feeling of being vulnerable and overwhelmed. Personally, Chris' campaign looks like lot's of fun. I don't see why anyone should be expecting a full return to survival horror when the series has evolved passed that years ago.
Not look, feel. Biggity big big difference there haha. That is why it doesn't feel like RE, to me, I guess. It's like 5 and 5 was nothing but action -- the last thing I would feel from any Resident Evil title, even 4. I won't lie and say it doesn't look fun, though. I have fun with shooters all the time, and I've actually been dying for RE to get "move while you aim" type gameplay.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Not look, feel. Biggity big big difference there haha. That is why it doesn't feel like RE, to me, I guess. It's like 5 and 5 was nothing but action -- the last thing I would feel from any Resident Evil title, even 4. I won't lie and say it doesn't look fun, though. I have fun with shooters all the time, and I've actually been dying for RE to get "move while you aim" type gameplay.

How can you tell what the game "feels" like, when you have yet to play it? Call of Duty "feels" generic and floaty. How does RE6 feel that way?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
New trailer from Gamescom. The quality isn't too great, but everything is there. This will do for now, seeing as Capcom hasn't officially released this trailer. You might also notice the video isn't from Youtube, and that is because it was removed. Luckily, someone else uploaded it. Enjoy.
[video=dailymotion;xsvcxh]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsvcxh_resident-evil-6_videogames[/video]

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
gotta admit- I have been a huge fan of RE since the late 90's watching my older brother play it on Playstation. I have beaten every game except RE5- I just couldn't get into it. I am really excited that a new one is coming out and even heard a rumor that Ada Wong will be playable. Is this true???

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
^ Yup, Ada is fully playable in her own campaign this time around. I wonder what it entails, really, since Ada is typically working behind the scenes for her little "Organization".

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
[video=youtube_share;h2ulfn9t1N0]http://youtu.be/h2ulfn9t1N0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;757VZscKMEs]http://youtu.be/757VZscKMEs[/video]

[video=youtube_share;WmDdRwCTkLw]http://youtu.be/WmDdRwCTkLw[/video]

Kirino

Tatakae
[video=youtube_share;tYorHj1iWEk]http://youtu.be/tYorHj1iWEk[/video]

It comes with the game when you pre-order it at Gamestop.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I just got the "public" demo off Xbox Live (they said it was public, lmao it requires a Gold membership, absolutely ********) and all I can say from 30 minutes of probing Leon's campaign using Helena is that the thing is fracking awesome. The full release will be glorious, especially with such modes as Mercenaries. The only thing I can see impeding progress is how clunky the controls currently feel, though I'm sure that is more user error on this side than anything. x)

Rare Addict

Site Staff
This may very well be the first game that I initially play through cooperatively; I had an absolute blast with this demo! While, overall, RE6 seems to be even less of a survival-horror game than RE5 was, Leon's mission does sort of pay homage to the traditional Resident Evil style of play. Now, if we're talkin' about Chris' mission -- that's a different story.
tongue.gif
Terrific set-piece moments, though.

Oh, and you're not alone on the controls, Ventus. They can definitely be a bit wonky, especially while running or managing your items.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The demo was simply amazing. I loved all three campaigns but Leon's especially because of Leon. Ah Leon...
I agree about the controls though. While I didn't have any major issues with them, it feels like you turn really fast even when you lower turn speed and I don't really see the point in having a quick turn when it doesn't move the camera around anymore. The cover system took me a few minutes to get to grips with too.

That's all stuff that I will get used to in the demo before the game comes out though so I have no real complaints. If I was excited for Resi 6 before (and I was. I was 'cut-my-own-arm-off' excited) it's nothing compared to how excited I am now.

Kirino

Tatakae
I didn't even know the demo was out yet. It's nice to hear how much people like it though. I gotta play it for myself.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, I tried Leon's demo yesterday and just finished Chris' today. The menus are interesting and have a lot more going on than the same old boring text and picture. I also love how much the music stands out this time around. It's a lot more noticeable than it was in RE4 or 5. Reminds me a lot of the classic games, where the music brought the atmosphere to life. At one point, the music sounded like it came straight out of something from Batman.

Leon's demo was a bit slow, but enjoyable. Like I said before, the music complimented the atmosphere and the constant conversation between Leon and Helena helped bring meaning to the slower paced moments. I wouldn't call the game scary, but the enemies are no pushovers. A few zombies in RE6 feels like the equivalent of a whole horde in RE5. The enemies are a lot more aggressive this time around, and when they really bunch up, things can really become overwhelming and hectic. They no longer run up to you and stop, waiting for you to get a shot in, they'll jump at you, make you stumble, and even bring you to the floor to get a decent bite. Leon's scenario will really keep the players on their toes.

As for Chris' demo, it was really fun. The variety in the gameplay keeps the game feeling fresh while encouraging players to approach situations differently. I'm still very used to RE4 and 5's control scheme, so it does feel a bit weird right now, especially since I just came off of RE4 recently. Mainly the cover system and the inventory screen, everything else feels just fine. I didn't really encounter any mutating J'avos in Chris' demo, so the enemies were very typical. The fight with the giant B.O.W. is a sign of great boss fights to come, although it didn't last very long. Then again, it was a very small portion of the game.

Overall, Resident Evil 6 is shaping up to be an amazing experience. I did notice some buggy activity in Leon's demo and some clunky cover mechanics in Chris'. We were warned about bugs so I won't worry about them being in the final product, and the cover system could use a tweaking. Nothing major though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom