• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil 6 Discussion Thread (Keep Everything About RE6 Here)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
9BYl6.jpg

Apparently there's a fifth campaign titled "prelude". Judging by the name, it takes place before any of the other campaigns. It's been said to be another playable campaign, but I'm not going to get my hopes up yet, so I'm sticking to it being a "previously on Resident Evil" kind of thing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Monster Hunt looks like a nice addition to the series, but reminds me a bit too much of the multiplayer aspect of Dead Space 2. Of course, this is Resident Evil, so we never know what exactly will come of it until we get hands on with it :xd:

Ada's campaign looks nice, I only hope that we can play single player with the OTHER characters as well.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Monster Hunt looks like a nice addition to the series, but reminds me a bit too much of the multiplayer aspect of Dead Space 2. Of course, this is Resident Evil, so we never know what exactly will come of it until we get hands on with it :xd:

Ada's campaign looks nice, I only hope that we can play single player with the OTHER characters as well.

It's called Agent Hunt. I'm not familiar with Dead Space 2's multi-player, but many people have been comparing Agent Hunt with Left 4 Dead's which I still say is fairly different. The whole idea is, people from around the world can take control of the enemies in someone's campaign. The point is to make the game much more of a challenge by having enemies controlled by actual players. But this is just an option and it can be turned off.

And no, you won't be able to play the other campaigns by yourself. The other campaigns were designed for co-op, therefore it would be impossible to progress with one character. Although, Ada still has her fair share of crossover moments.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's called Agent Hunt. I'm not familiar with Dead Space 2's multi-player, but many people have been comparing Agent Hunt with Left 4 Dead's which I still say is fairly different. The whole idea is, people from around the world can take control of the enemies in someone's campaign. The point is to make the game much more of a challenge by having enemies controlled by actual players. But this is just an option and it can be turned off.
Agent Hunt, Monster Hunt, same thing to me ;P Now that I read more about it, it isn't all too similar to DS2's multiplayer. Like at all. Some similarities exist here and there, but yeah I'd compare it more to L4D. It's an interesting concept, and I know it'll make the campaign infinitely harder if the enemy players are good. They don't have to be COMPETENT, just *good*. :xd:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Agent Hunt, Monster Hunt, same thing to me ;P Now that I read more about it, it isn't all too similar to DS2's multiplayer. Like at all. Some similarities exist here and there, but yeah I'd compare it more to L4D. It's an interesting concept, and I know it'll make the campaign infinitely harder if the enemy players are good. They don't have to be COMPETENT, just *good*. :xd:

Nope, Monster Hunt specifically means you're hunting monsters, which would be the campaign itself. Whereas Agent Hunt means you're hunting agents. If they're the same thing to you... then boy, you have problems.:D

Kirino

Tatakae
[video=youtube_share;spjufbMrnAo]http://youtu.be/spjufbMrnAo[/video]

5 minutes of Ada Wong gameplay. There's also a link to some Agent Hunt gameplay in the top right corner of the video.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
So far, here's what Gamescom has had to offer in terms of Resident Evil 6. Look forward to more info throughout the week.

First up, there's the newly announced residentevil.net, which is free by the way unlike some games...
[video=youtube_share;c1JtlxDjj5U]http://youtu.be/c1JtlxDjj5U[/video]

And then there's some new Jake footage with a very well written and performed cutscene that us oldschool fans will appreciate.
[video=youtube_share;DjgzlEs0_H0]http://youtu.be/DjgzlEs0_H0[/video]

Kirino

Tatakae
Awesome. Resident Evil.net seems pretty fun. Sherry and Jake look like great characters, the gameplay seems fun, the vehicles look cool, and the story seems fantastic. I'm going to have to pre-order it now.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The more and more I view Chris gameplay, the more I yearn to play a third person Call of Duty. I'm not saying Chris' campaign will be bad, it's just well, it doesn't feel like Resident Evil. Dare I say, it doesn't feel remotely like horror at all, regardless of the series it is supposed to hail from. *speaking from a viewer's standpoint -- haven't played RE6 myself so maybe I should keep silent?*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom