• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ratchet & Clank

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Hopefully, some of you know about 'Ratchet & Clank'. It's a series which is created by a company, Insomniac (who made the original 'Spyro' games btw), that is very funny, and action packed. The games are third-person shooters staring Ratchet, a creature known as a 'Lombax', and a little robot named Clank. These games are only on the PS2 and PS3, just so you know.

To catch a glimpse of what these games are all about, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDZcBShFl0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt2cByY9CaA&feature=channel

Discuss your thoughts!

Deku man

Just another nobody......
I love Insomniac's games. They really impress me. I find the Ratchet and Clank series to be truly entertaining and creative.

The weapons are very interesting. The game really has an assortment of odd/futuristic weapons. The R.Y.N.O. is amazing. It just destroys everything around you with it's missiles. The road to obtaining it was long, but the result is well worth it. The R.Y.N.O. is a sort of tradition in the Ratchet and Clank games. The suck cannon, IMO, just flat out sucks. I mean, I sometimes use it, but no that often.

The story is always interesting. In the first game, it is filled with plot twists and super evil villains. People like Captain Qwark and Ultra Supreme Executive Chairman Drek make the game interesting.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I played Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2, but I like the Jak and Daxter series better. Especially in the first game, the voice acting went so fast sometimes that I didn't understand the jokes. And I guess it is my lack of humor, but the jokes I could follow weren't too funny either. Some parts in the game were also very frustrating. I have to admit that a lot of the weapons were cool, especially the sheep canon/gun (forgot the name).

Overall it are entertaining games, but for me they are not very special. Captain Qwark is awesome though :P

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
I played Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2, but I like the Jak and Daxter series better. Especially in the first game, the voice acting went so fast sometimes that I didn't understand the jokes. And I guess it is my lack of humor, but the jokes I could follow weren't too funny either. Some parts in the game were also very frustrating. I have to admit that a lot of the weapons were cool, especially the sheep canon/gun (forgot the name).

Overall it are entertaining games, but for me they are not very special. Captain Qwark is awesome though :P

Hehe, well I don't like the first one at all. It was the first game, and they were trying to develop the characters. Ratchet and Clank get a much better voice actor in the later games. Especially the PS3 ones.

I think the sheep gun thing was called the sheepinator or something btw.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
Insomniac had a lot of praise when they first announced this series to be quite honest and it turned out to be one of the most respective franchises on playstation's lineup, even with the first one i think insomniac had a smash hit of a franchise off the bat like they did with spyro of all things, however the recent irrations of spyro when they were sold off is less then concerning, but onto the main point.

I'm a big fan of this franchise and even though i don't have a PS3 i enjoy the PS2 franchise versions a lot since the controls and gameplay mechanics feel unchanged throughout the time making this one a worthwhile pick up for any fan of the series, though the games got easier as time went on, the fun never changed with this one.

P

pokemainiac

I have all 9 games so far. A4O should be good, depending on how they balance fun and multiplayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom