• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Rainy's Art^^

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okay, after a long while I've got two fan art pics for y'all. ^^

Sigure.png

Toru.png

Their from Fruits Basket. :)

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
an adjective to describe your art: whimsical. keep it up- the world needs beautiful, colorful, fun pieces.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Aww, Rain! You did a great job depicting the personality of the Fruits Basket characters, in both body posture and facial expression. :3

I do have some suggestions if you don't mind some feedback! First off, I really want to commend you for taking on more challenging poses (especially the last two- having two figures holding each other gets really complicated, your doing a good job) . Your beginning to really challenge yourself and that's great. It might be worth your while if you don't have one already to purchase a pose-able mannequin or two. You can get a little one for like 6 dollars. They are really super helpful to learn how parts of the body should be acting underneath the clothing; especially where joints should be, what should be flexible, what should be more ridged, etc.

Also, try working a bit more on the structure of your hands. Your doing good, but they need more of a palm. The best way to practice them is also free: Just pose your left hand and start drawing. =D ....I know it sucks and is not as interesting as drawing a full character, but it's also the most helpful thing you can do to understand how a hand is structured.

Your doing a great job, keep it up!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I've admired your drawings for quite awhile now, but I think you already know that, Rainy. So yeah, keep up the good work. :)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Whoa kay, I haven't been drawing much. :kawaii: But this was my entry for the Drawing contest (I had a really hard time with getting Link's stupid pose right XD).

Aladdin.png

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Some more Fruits Basket fan art.

MomijiRabbit.png

And something I just felt like drawing.

Torn.png

That last one was the first time I drew a background. ^^

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
"You know your art sucks when no one comments..." ~mandy
So! I'm here to show off my special hat that I made! I'll tell ya'll how I made it after you see the amazing pics...

Hat.png

Hat1.png

Hat2.png

Hat3.png

Hat4.png

Awesome right? So, in case you think I just slapped together a few colors and whatnot, I'll tell you exactly how I made it. I took a little rubber bell shaped thing and put it on a tray. Then took Yamma fur (like, it had freshly been shaven off the animal. Not something that was felted and stuff in a store.) and put two layers on this side of the bell. I matted it down with water and it stick to the rubber. Then did the same to the other side and so on until I had done that three times to each side. Then comes the hard part. You have to felt it. Yamma fur has these little mocroscopic "scales" that make them connect if you push them together. So we pushed for two hours and finally, they were felted. Then you cut the bottom of the bell and pull out the rubber. Now you take a plastic shae of a hat and your felted fur and (since you now have a dome shape) put the fur over the plastic. Now comes the streatching. We streached it out to fit the plastic shape (it was hard pulling on felted fur, beleive me). When that was done it's the easy part. We cut the rim of the hat to our liking and took a little needle with a tiny hook at the end, and needled in decorations. As you can see, I added two black triforces and the word Zelda. Then they dried for five days and we came and got 'em. The lady also put on the "hem" and stiffened it.

That is how I made my hat! ^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well the hat looks pretty, you did a good job with it, Rainy. Do you wear it?

Also, the previous art pics are awesome, I like them all. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom