• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokéscum Mafia: The First Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm just going to say this right now, but I really dislike when someone like Ayano is not part of the game and yet posts within the game. Maybe I will only accept one post, but right now you are the person with the most posts in the game as of the time of this post's writing. Yes I understand today is just the first day, but does it really make any sense for a non-player to continue in a game he/she is not a part of? It really loses its value if non-players post in a thread they are not involved. I would have accepted this sort of action if he was co-mod, player, or eliminated player as those people are still part of the game, but you don't see replacements post in the game until they actually replaced someone now do they? But you are not in the game nonetheless. It really discredits the point of the mafia game as I could go to, say the Role-Playing, and say "[insert name of theme] sucks". Not only am I'm saying that a theme sucks (in all honesty anyone can say they don't like Gen I as it's fine so long as they don't have a huge fit about it) but by doing so, I attempted to devalue something I'm not a part of and I very sure that would make those people frustrated that someone who doesn't role-play just crashes into their thread and leave a comment that is not constructive to the point of the thread. If you are not a part of something, the least you can do is have respect for it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I'm just going to say this right now, but I really dislike when someone like Ayano is not part of the game and yet posts within the game. Maybe I will only accept one post, but right now you are the person with the most posts in the game as of the time of this post's writing. Yes I understand today is just the first day, but does it really make any sense for a non-player to continue in a game he/she is not a part of? It really loses its value if non-players post in a thread they are not involved. I would have accepted this sort of action if he was co-mod, player, or eliminated player as those people are still part of the game, but you don't see replacements post in the game until they actually replaced someone now do they? But you are not in the game nonetheless. It really discredits the point of the mafia game as I could go to, say the Role-Playing, and say "[insert name of theme] sucks". Not only am I'm saying that a theme sucks (in all honesty anyone can say they don't like Gen I as it's fine so long as they don't have a huge fit about it) but by doing so, I attempted to devalue something I'm not a part of and I very sure that would make those people frustrated that someone who doesn't role-play just crashes into their thread and leave a comment that is not constructive to the point of the thread. If you are not a part of something, the least you can do is have respect for it.

Calm down, Mafia is a game and games are supposed to be fun. Mathias was having fun and so were those who were responding to him, stop trying to ruin that fun. This kind of thing is why you get so much hate from people, so for your own sake stop taking everything so seriously and calling people out when everybody else is just trying to have fun.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

Under normal circumstances, I would tell Mathias to tits or gtfo, but since it is day 1, and I am allowing spam to a degree on day 1, I will allow it, as long as he doesn't post too much, and doesn't post anything related to the game. I do agree that non-players posting a lot is obnoxious, but it's not something I'm really going to be super strict about in this game. If it were a later day and he was posting crucial information, therefore ruining the overall flow of the game, and making obnoxious spam posts that make the thread hard to read, I would do something about it. For now though, I don't really see it as too much of a problem.

That being said, however, if it is annoying to people actually playing the game (such as now), and it is evident that they have a problem with it, then it is different. And since you mentioned that you dislike it, I will respect that and talk to him.

Fig

The Altruist
Under normal circumstances, I would tell Mathias to tits or gtfo, but since it is day 1, and I am allowing spam to a degree on day 1, I will allow it, as long as he doesn't post too much, and doesn't post anything related to the game. I do agree that non-players posting a lot is obnoxious, but it's not something I'm really going to be super strict about in this game. If it were a later day and he was posting crucial information, therefore ruining the overall flow of the game, and making obnoxious spam posts that make the thread hard to read, I would do something about it. For now though, I don't really see it as too much of a problem.

That being said, however, if it is annoying to people actually playing the game (such as now), and it is evident that they have a problem with it, then it is different. And since you mentioned that you dislike it, I will respect that and talk to him.

Exactly as I said, I am sorta lenient for now as after all this is the first day and nothing severe has happened, however I will find it extremely annoying if Ayano were to say continue on Day 2 and onwards, especially when actual discussion is taking place it will ruin the flow of the as we would have to constantly skip over Ayano's posts just to read any vital information. I personally believe that there is no problem with Ayano potentially spilling any information as 1. He's not part of the game and 2. is not the mod nor co-mod for this game. However as I stated before if we are having a serious discussion and we are voting Player X off, he could easily do the same by voting off Player X or be even more confusing by voting for Player Y and people will question why he voted for said player until they realize that he actually isn't playing.

All I'm saying if this continues throughout the game, I wouldn't be surprised if future games also get random posts from non-participants just for the sake of it. Yes I get it, mafia is a game, but it also takes time and dedication for a game to be active and interesting. I have yet to see someone who doesn't role-play enter the RP section and joins in just to make a post despite not being a part of it. If this happened in the past, then it's in the past but as of now I have yet to see any incident since I have been a member. And before anyone asks, you don't need to be a current RPer to know what's going on. If there is a problem going on in that section, something will be stated (whether because someone got infracted for purposely being deconstructive and then make a post in the Contest Infractions thread or simply hearing from the current RPers that member X is being insincere within their forum section).

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I agree with Fig here. When I saw that Pancake (sorry, forgot your new name, and way too lazy to go find it) had posted, I immediately assumed he was in the game, and made some mental notes on his initial interaction with players. It's not like he doesn't play mafia; he's been in most of the recent games. He can't expect people not to assume he's in the game when he starts to post.

If anyone has ever seen me play mafia, they'd know that I use Day 1 for evidence as much as anybody. Although Blackkirby's vote looks innocent now, I always say that the first RV a player makes could tell us a lot about them later on. At this point that opportunity has been ruined for us, in regards to Blackkirby's initial vote.

And Stitch, that post of your's was VERY unnecessary. I'm not sure what kind of friction exists between yourself and Mr. Fig, but to me it seemed like that post was 100% intended to make Fig feel like an idiot. Just letting you know, because that small post could cause serious damage that you may not have intended.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
:)

Anyways, on to the actual mafia game. I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon, except that Pikachu is one and that there's a Squirtle Squad. So, can I ask who is the Mewtow character mentioned in the opening scene, and why would they be mafia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom