• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Versions Discussion Thread

Fig

The Altruist
Sweet. Do you have to obtain a Diancie in X/Y then trade it over or something?

Diancie is going to be an event Pokemon later on this year. The trailer did state that Diancie will be distributing soon for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y verisions and with the Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction movie coming up this July, we'll probably get more information about the distribution event.

How do you even get one anyway?

As stated in the same trailer, Mega Diancie will able available starting with Pokemon OmegaRuby and Pokemon AlphaSapphire versions. It's unclear if Mega Diancie and the Hoenn Mega that have been confirmed or will be confirmed with the exception of Mega Blaziken will be compatible with X/Y but it will mostly not be the case as throughout the Pokemon franchise there have been many methods in bringing Pokemon from a previous game or generation and no way to return them to their original locations. It's quite possible that Nintendo and GameFreak might develop a patch for X/Y so that the new Mega Pokemon can be compatible when using X/Y so the game doesn't break much like that incident with Lumiose City.

Akuhime-sama said:
Again, Why isn't this thread sticky!?

1.) When an entire section of the forum is dedicated to a series, it's much more difficult to determine what should be stickied and what shouldn't be. The Zelda forums usually feature sticky threads that encapsulate a singular issue, such as the "rumors" thread in the Zelda Wii U section, as the point of the entire section there is to encourage multiple threads about a single topic with the potential to stem off into different categories.

2.) Sticky threads are usually put in place to discourage the future creation of threads that are similar to it in nature. This is seen with the multiple "favorite" sticky threads throughout the forum, used to passively moderate against more threads of the same nature. A stickied thread that deals with "general discussion" of ASOR would discourage other smaller topics that a general conversation would encapsulate.

3.) There's too many sticky threads already, and my OCD can't handle it.

4.) I'm lazy and don't want to push buttons.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Diancie is going to be an event Pokemon later on this year. The trailer did state that Diancie will be distributing soon for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y verisions and with the Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction movie coming up this July, we'll probably get more information about the distribution event.
As stated in the same trailer, Mega Diancie will able available starting with Pokemon OmegaRuby and Pokemon AlphaSapphire versions. It's unclear if Mega Diancie and the Hoenn Mega that have been confirmed or will be confirmed with the exception of Mega Blaziken will be compatible with X/Y but it will mostly not be the case as throughout the Pokemon franchise there have been many methods in bringing Pokemon from a previous game or generation and no way to return them to their original locations. It's quite possible that Nintendo and GameFreak might develop a patch for X/Y so that the new Mega Pokemon can be compatible when using X/Y so the game doesn't break much like that incident with Lumiose City.
Ah. I see.

1.) When an entire section of the forum is dedicated to a series, it's much more difficult to determine what should be stickied and what shouldn't be. The Zelda forums usually feature sticky threads that encapsulate a singular issue, such as the "rumors" thread in the Zelda Wii U section, as the point of the entire section there is to encourage multiple threads about a single topic with the potential to stem off into different categories.

2.) Sticky threads are usually put in place to discourage the future creation of threads that are similar to it in nature. This is seen with the multiple "favorite" sticky threads throughout the forum, used to passively moderate against more threads of the same nature. A stickied thread that deals with "general discussion" of ASOR would discourage other smaller topics that a general conversation would encapsulate.

3.) There's too many sticky threads already, and my OCD can't handle it.

4.) I'm lazy and don't want to push buttons.
xD

But okay, I just thought that this would be sticky, being an important topic since it's the newest release.

Fig

The Altruist
In recent news, there is a rumor speculating about potential Mega Evolutions to be revealed by the time that OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are released. Here's the leaked picture that is appearing all across the forums. Another thing to keep in mind is that this picture has been floating around for a few weeks already.
10448223_760133210698705_680788955965187456_n.jpg

In the screenshot we have Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre alongside the three Hoenn Mega Starters. The silhouetted Pokemon on the bottom form left to right are: Ludicolo, Shiftry, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Flygon, Zangoose, Seviper, Salamence, Metagross, Latias, and finally Latios. It's very coincidental that just this week we got Mega Sableye confirmed just this past week during E3. What's also interesting to point out Megamons that are part of Gen III such as Manectric, Mawile, Aggron, and Medicham are not shown in this list. This could mean that this list is mainly for new Megas that haven't been confirmed to have appear as this makes. While both Mega Latias and Mega Latios have been confirmed to be inside the data of XY, who's to say that Nintendo and GameFreak have confirmed this themselves. They could even make give them a redesign to better suit the Gen III remakes. Who knows?

Another thing to point out are Sharpedo and Camerupt, Pokemon that belong to Team Aqua's Archie and Team Magma's Maxie respectively. Interesting enough, if you pause the trailer at the right moment you will notice something that Maxie and Archie are now wearing.
mVPBh1u.png

You guess it, much like Lysandre from Team Flare had a Mega Stone, so do Maxie and Archie and judging from this list I think Camerupt and Sharpedo will be receiving a Mega evolution considering they are the Pokemon always seen or thought of when you think of Maxie and Archie respectively.

Moving on to another subject, from screenshots released this past week during E3 we get a glimpse of the overworld of the Hoenn region and how it looks. For now I will use only a few screenshots, but will be providing all known screenshots later on today.
rustboro1.jpg
rustboro2.jpg
oldaletown.jpg
steven6.jpg
magma3.jpg
aqua3.jpg

It's obvious that this game is using engine that was used in XY and will have a 3D landscape and world of the Hoenn region. The game looks very beautiful and from these screenshots we can actually gather a view points and features that may or may not be part of the game. I know what you guys are thinking: Are Pokemon going to be following us around like in HeartGold/SoulSilver? While I do love that feature being prominent in the Gen II remakes, I think it's safe to confirm that we are not going to have this mechanic. Now you're probably going to say to the lines of "But the game is large enough to support this feature", that's not entirely the case. One reason why the walking Pokemon feature was doable in HeartGold and SoulSilver was because the Pokemon were able to be compressed into 1-2 overworld slot pieces because the game was in 2D in the sense that the games were simply a top-down view game where as in XY, the game was designed to be a 3D world with axis of depth, the Z-axis, to make the game in 3D. Also take a look at the screenshots you can see the scale of Pokemon have been made to make it more realistic. Look at those Poochyena. For small creatures conapred to other Pokemon, they take up a lot of space in the overworld. Thus if one Pokemon is too big to shrink down to scale to still make realistic, take for example Groudon, Kyorge, Rayquaza, and Wailord just to name a few, then be upset or not but I don't believe that we will be having the walking Pokemon feature return for the Gen III remakes. However if you look at the screenshot of May speaking with Steven Stone, on the top right corner you will notice a very small black hole on the mountain wall. If you remember correctly back from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, this was an area for a secret base. While people wanted the walking Pokemon feature, I think the secret base is better for these remakes as the bases were a main feature for Gen III.

Fig

The Altruist
New information about Mega Sableye has been revealed!

Mega Sableye's official artwork and screenshots:
Mega_Sableye.png
EN_V4_P01_01.jpg
EN_V4_P01_02.jpg
EN_V4_P01_03.jpg
EN_V4_P01_04.jpg
EN_V4_P01_06.jpg
EN_V4_P01_07.jpg

Pokemon Official Website said:
Mega Sableye:
Sableye has concentrated all of the energy from its Mega Evolution into the red jewel on its chest, which increases in size and detaches from its body. This enlarged jewel boasts incredible hardness, and it is said that no attack can even make a scratch on it!

When Sableye Mega Evolves, its Defense and Sp. Attack stats both get big boosts. Its Speed stat does decrease slightly, perhaps because of the weight of its huge jewel. Thanks to its Magic Bounce Ability, any moves that affect only stats or status conditions will be bounced back at its attacker.

During battle, Mega Sableye shelters itself behind the jewel, from where it can take advantage of any openings its target leaves exposed.

Sableye:
Eating jewels has turned the eyes of this unique Pokémon into jewels themselves. Lurking within dark caves, Sableye rarely ever shows itself.

People fear that their souls will be stolen when Sableye's eyes glitter eerily in the dark.

Mega Sableye:
Species: Darkness Pokémon
Type: Dark/Ghost
Ability: Magic Bounce
Height: 1'08"
Weight: 354.9 lbs.
Sableye:
Species: Darkness Pokémon
Type: Dark/Ghost
Ability: Keen Eye/Stall
Height: 1'08"
Weight: 24.3 lbs.

Mega Sableye's Page

I'm really love the stat changes for Sableye and it actually makes a lot of sense. Mega Sableye will be receiving a huge boost in both its Defense and Special Attack stats and loses a big of speed but I do believing having the ability Magic Bounce really is great for the little guy! Not to mention that Mega Sableye gains over 300 lbs when he Mega evolves! Considering how much weight was added after he mega evolves, I wouldn't be surprised if Mega Sableye may not be as fast as other Mega Pokemon. However, he's already a pain to beat with its Hidden Ability Prankster and with Magic Bounce, Sableye is going to be used a lot in the competitive scene, at least in my eyes. Hopefully we get the values for Mega Sableye's Defense, Special Attack, and Speed real soon. Also be sure to check out the official Pokemon website for more information on Mega Sableye alongside the release for Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire!

Last edited:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Hmm, I'm slightly disappointed. With the way they were describing the jewel I had thought that it would have acted as a free Substitute, but nope, he gets Magic Bounce instead even though Absol already has that. I'm also not exactly seeing how Magic Bounce will work well in tandem with Prankster, though most Mega Pokemon's regular Abilities don't really work in tandem with their Mega Abilities (there are only a few off the top of my head that do that, it'd be neat if we see more). Oh well, might still be interesting.

Also, I'm so totally naming my Mega Sableye Nokia now.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hmm, I'm slightly disappointed. With the way they were describing the jewel I had thought that it would have acted as a free Substitute

I don't see why. That would be a very bizarre thing to do. I mean, it'd be a one-off thing per battle.

I like the way it's set up right now, because Sableye will still get his Prankster boost for the first turn of his Mega Evolution, meaning he can set himself up with a priority Calm Mind, making him an awesome tank. He'll also ward off other Pranksters -- not to mention opponents will be kept guessing whether or not you're running a Prankster or Mega Sableye until it's made clear, which you can use to your advantage. You can make it LOOK like you're using Prankster Sableye, get an opponent to switch out, and BOOM, Mega Sableye.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I surely shall be getting one of these games. I don't know which one yet, but definitely one of them. Or, I might get both, as I usually end up doing. ;)

Fig

The Altruist
A lot of screenshots have been provided for the game since the games have been announced. Here's all of the screenshots we have seen so far.

May 10th/11th 2014

Groudon
groudon1.jpg
groudon2.jpg
groudon3.jpg
Kyogre
kyogre1.jpg
kyogre2.jpg
kyogre3.jpg

June 10th 2014

Primal Groundon
groudonbattle1.jpg
groudonbattle2.jpg
groudonbattle3.jpg
groudonbattle4.jpg
groudonbattle5.jpg
groudonbattle6.jpg
groudonbattle7.jpg
groudonbattle8.jpg

Primal Kyogre
kyogrebattle1.jpg
kyogrebattle2.jpg
kyogrebattle3.jpg
kyogrebattle4.jpg
kyogrebattle5.jpg
kyogrebattle6.jpg
kyogrebattle7.jpg
kyogrebattle8.jpg
Overworld
megacharizard1.jpg
megacharizard2.jpg
beautifly1.jpg
beautifly2.jpg
steven1.jpg
steven2.jpg
caveoforiginor.jpg
caveoforiginas.jpg
peeko.jpg

June 11th 2014

Sableye/Mega Sableye
sableye.jpg
megasableye1.jpg
megasableye2.jpg
megasableye3.jpg

June 12th 2014

Treecko/Sceptile/Mega Sceptile
treecko1.jpg
treecko2.jpg
treecko3.jpg
treecko4.jpg
treecko5.jpg
sceptile1.jpg
sceptile2.jpg
sceptile3.jpg
sceptile3.jpg
megasceptile1.jpg
megasceptile2.jpg
megasceptile3.jpg
megasceptile4.jpg
megasceptile5.jpg
megasceptile6.jpg
megasceptile7.jpg
Torchic/Blaziken/Mega Blaziken
torchic1.jpg
torchic2.jpg
torchic3.jpg
torchic4.jpg
torchic5.jpg
blaziken1.jpg
blaziken2.jpg
blaziken3.jpg
blaziken4.jpg
megablaziken1.jpg
megablaziken2.jpg
megablaziken3.jpg
megablaziken4.jpg
megablaziken5.jpg
megablaziken6.jpg
megablaziken7.jpg
megablaziken8.jpg
megablaziken9.jpg
Mudkip/Swampert/Mega Swampert
mudkip1.jpg
mudkip2.jpg
mudkip3.jpg
mudkip4.jpg
mudkip5.jpg
swampert1.jpg
swampert2.jpg
swampert3.jpg
swampert4.jpg
megaswampert1.jpg
megaswampert2.jpg
megaswampert3.jpg
megaswampert4.jpg
megaswampert5.jpg
megaswampert6.jpg
megaswampert7.jpg
Mega Sableye
megasableye4.jpg
megasableye5.jpg
megasableye6.jpg
Mega Diancie
megadiancie1.jpg
megadiancie2.jpg
megadiancie3.jpg
megadiancie4.jpg
megadiancie5.jpg
megadiancie6.jpg
megadiancie7.jpg
Evolving Sequence
evolve1.jpg
evolve2.jpg
evolve3.jpg
evolve4.jpg
evolve5.jpg
evolve6.jpg
Trading Sequence
trade1.jpg
trade2.jpg
trade3.jpg
trade4.jpg
Battle
battle1.jpg
battle2.jpg
Protagonist/Overworld
brendan1.jpg
brendan2.jpg
may1.jpg
may2.jpg
selection.jpg
badgecase.jpg
capture1.jpg
capture2.jpg
capture3.jpg
capture4.jpg
capture5.jpg
capture6.jpg
rustboro1.jpg
rustboro2.jpg
trainer1.jpg
trainer2.jpg
trainer3.jpg
littleroottown.jpg
oldaletown.jpg
acrobike1.jpg
acrobike2.jpg
acrobike3.jpg
machbike4.jpg
machbike1.jpg
machbike2.jpg
machbike3.jpg
Steven Stone
steven3.jpg
steven4.jpg
steven5.jpg
steven6.jpg
Team Magma
magma1.jpg
magma2.jpg
magma3.jpg
magma4.jpg
magma5.jpg
magma6.jpg
Team Aqua
aqua1.jpg
aqua2.jpg
aqua3.jpg
aqua4.jpg
aqua5.jpg
aqua6.jpg

Special Thanks to Serebii for uploading these screenshots. OP will be updated with screenshots for convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom