• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

People Making Fun of You for Playing Certain Games.

Do people make fun of you for playing certain games. My friends for example love to bag on me so much for thoroughly enjoying portal and Portal 2, stating it is a boring, gay, stupid, (in their words). I don't care, as long as i enjoy the game, that is all that matters, and I know that the game is pretty popular anyway. But it does tick me off.

One friend of mine also like to tease me because I play, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, but he is a hardcore PS3 gamer. (I am too, I just love Nintendo just as much)

Anyway, what do you guys think. do you guys get picked on for playing certain games. (sorry if this is a bad or insensitive topic)

I get picked on a lot because I don't play the same popular games as everyone else, like Mortal Combat, or Halo. I get teased for playing Zelda games, but I don't ever let it bother me, heck, I made one of my friends get into Zelda because he seen me play it at my place and he got into it. Ever since then I haven't heard a peep from him about a GIRLLL playing Zelda. :O

meow79

loves cats. loves zelda.
Oh yeah, all the time. But i'm used to it. Everybody I know is a COD fanatic. I'm proud to be a Nintendo fan!!!

Maybe college is different, but I have never had any issue with this. Most everyone here at the very least has nostalgic value for games like Zelda, and Pokemon especially. R/B/Y and G/S are like big fads again for college aged kids. At least a lot I know. Again a lot of it nostalgia based but there is clear appreciation of old games we all grew up with and even older. I even remember a while back me and a friend talked at great length about Atari 2600 lol!
Plus from the people around me who all remember when OoT was a new game, pretty much everyone has played it or know it even if they don't play modern Zelda.

D

Deleted member 6224

my friends dont pick on me that much but when they do i make fun of them by calling them losers for playing black ops or any shooter games ( P.S. just a joke i donthave anything against people who play those games)

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
Yeah.....All of the People Make fun of me for not liking Halo or Call of Duty Black Ops. I went over to my buddys house and he asked me if I wanted to play Black Ops. I Said No. Then he asked what games do you like? I said I like Zelda. He just Stared at me like i'm a Freak or Somthing. But I LOVE ZELDA!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Huh, people try making fun of me for playing games like Sonic, Zelda, Mario, Halo, etc. Don't bother me one bit because I look at them and say, "I'm a real gamer who knows what a real game is and doesn't settle for generic games like Call of Duty. That's all you do, play the same game over and over again, cheap. Shoot yourself you no life having *** and don't talk to me about video games because you sound ignorant. All you know is right trigger shoots and "Yay a couple of shots killed the enemy. I like easy, simple, and realistic." But then again ain't nothing realistic about cheap games like Call of Duty. You want realistic join the army.

And that's how you punk out lame people who are ignorant.

Last edited:

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I get teased for playing Kirby games. They don't realize that just because something is pink, round, makes cute sounds, and looks squishy, means that it can't kick butt. This comes from the people that only acknowledge games that have blood in them and have no respect for older generations of gaming. Their opinions mean absolutely nothing to me.

Sage of Darkness

The Different Sage...
I earlier got teased for playing Zelda because, but I really didn't care about it and I just said to those mofos that their fancy military games weren't any better: they don't have a good story :P

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I get teased for being a gamer in general but I really couldn't care less. It's part of who I am so whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom