• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Maybe the poison attack was their night move? Rather than kill someone and give everyone something to go off of, they decided to cast confusion in the game, or just kill someone very slowly. Or something. Idk it sounded better in my head :P But the point is maybe they used poison instead of a direct kill.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
While I do believe Storm hasn't been entirely truthful, I'm not sure I'd be willing to attack him unless it was on policy. I want to hear from him first.
So I just wanted to clarify something, since you keep saying that you think Storm is lying. You think that Storm does know what's healing him, but he's not telling us?

Maybe the poison attack was their night move? Rather than kill someone and give everyone something to go off of, they decided to cast confusion in the game, or just kill someone very slowly. Or something. Idk it sounded better in my head :P But the point is maybe they used poison instead of a direct kill.
Ah, yeah, I'd forgotten about the poison. That's a possibility and makes sense with the character speculation, but it seems really weak for a small mafia group. That's why Tristan's attack seemed more mafia-ish to me, especially since I don't think he's done much that makes him stand out as scummy.

Anyway. I've got a much better understanding of the situation now, haha. I'm actually thinking I might attack Storm if nothing else comes up by the end of the day -- mostly just because I'm curious if he'll heal himself back up afterward. I think that'll give us an answer to a lot of our questions. If it's a self-heal or if it's related to the turrets, we should see that marked in the next day.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
it seems really weak for a small mafia group
hmmm. Do you think there's a poisoner as a serial killer in this game?
It's still plausible to me that mafia could replace their night kill with a poison if they want to, but now that we've seen proof of DOT I'm not sure there's not a SK.

That's why Tristan's attack seemed more mafia-ish to me, especially since I don't think he's done much that makes him stand out as scummy.
I'm not quite getting this bit, I need a bit of clarification. Which attack? Does that mean that you think mafia is attacking him?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
without storm being able to defend himself or even answer any questions there's no point in taking him out right now (plus it's honestly kind of a dick move). Regarding the lynch question, I think my attack proves where i stand :P
Let's say you had a second vote and had to give it to an actual player then. Who would it be?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
so i assumed wrong

well, you know what they say when you assume

It isn't guaranteed to be McCree, like i said I'm pretty sure basically everyone uses guns, Reaper literally reloads by just getting new guns, so "a gunshot" doesn't really mean anything.

Fair enough. I think I'm trying to read into it too much.

This is the last time I'm gonna be on before the day is over, so I'm gonna go ahead and do my thing.

Attack: Turret

Depending on how the night ends up, I'll probably be attacking Storm Day 3.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
alright. so we can probably say that neither storm nor viral are reaper.
Unless you think I poisoned myself, you can also say I'm not Widowmaker either.

I have no strength to re-read, I just spent 10 hours at work (I do concrete work, so its a lot of manual labour) so I'm beat, and have no will to read, speculate and post in a 45 minute span, but I'll come into Day 3 with more of an opinion. So far, I think Storm is town for reasons Mido (i think it was him) highlighted about self-healing characters.
I think Mafia includes Widowmaker, and thus most likely includes Reaper.
That shot, if it was a sniper, could have been widowmaker shooting Tristan. I know LG brought up that it may be cheap to poison and shoot in the same day, but 48 hours had past from the beginning of the first poison attack against me and the shot against Tristan. 48 IRL hours could be a stipulation between using different powers for the same character (if mine and Tristan's damage is related to a mafia attack). I'm not sure, but its just a thought.

Anyway,

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So I just wanted to clarify something, since you keep saying that you think Storm is lying. You think that Storm does know what's healing him, but he's not telling us?
I didn't say I think Storm is lying, I think he's hiding something. There's a difference. Not necessarily how he's been healing (although I do still think that's him), something about his posts that I can't quite put my finger on gives me the impression that he's withholding information. I can't really explain why. There's also the fact that he refused to share his thoughts after I questioned him, even though he had clearly read the thread (as he liked one of my posts). That's why I'm waiting for him to come back before I do anything further with him.

Anyway, with the day ending in just 30 minutes, I'm gonna do what I think is the best option rn.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
even though he had clearly read the thread (as he liked one of my posts).
yeah, like i know you're not technically supposed to use this stuff as evidence but, he was on the "users who are viewing this thread" thing earlier today I think.

But you can still read a thread and not be able to make a post, especially when you're with The Bae™ (i think someone mentioned something about that) so it's not really alignment-telling

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Attack Turret

As others have said, there is a lot of uncertainty about who to lynch. This turret has not proven to be in the town's best interest, and could very well be random. It's probably for the best to take this out.

yeah, like i know you're not technically supposed to use this stuff as evidence but, he was on the "users who are viewing this thread" thing earlier today I think.

But you can still read a thread and not be able to make a post, especially when you're with The Bae™ (i think someone mentioned something about that) so it's not really alignment-telling

Does that rule apply to likes? Iirc, the "users who are viewing this thread" was decided to be against the rules to be used as evidence. But I assumed likes was different.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Does that rule apply to likes? Iirc, the "users who are viewing this thread" was decided to be against the rules to be used as evidence. But I assumed likes was different.
I think there was an incident involving a dead person liking people's posts to indicate agreement, but i mean as a dead person you can obviously like posts that are meant to be humorous. But likes are different from "who's online", especially involving living players. You can easily ask a living player why they liked a certain post. I think the main deal with likes is that dead people have to be careful what posts they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom