• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think there was an incident involving a dead person liking people's posts to indicate agreement, but i mean as a dead person you can obviously like posts that are meant to be humorous. But likes are different from "who's online", especially involving living players. You can easily ask a living player why they liked a certain post. I think the main deal with likes is that dead people have to be careful what posts they like.
He was talking about the fact that Storm liked a post of mine after I had questioned him, but he still didn't respond, making it obvious that he was in fact reading. Like that can be used as evidence, whereas the People Online list can't. Although tbh, I'm not sure that can really be used either, I was just pointing it out.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Many attcks taken by the turret
LG dealt 28 Damage
Johnny dealt 31 Damage
Dekunut dealt 70 Damage
Viral Maze dealt 45 Damage

The turret is destroyed. Any further attacks towards it did not matter.

It is now Night time

Viral: 37 damage
Tristan: 121 damage

Night ends at 4:40 PM EST on Wednesday August 17th

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Mido took 62 damage in an attack during the night.

Mido: 62 damage
Viral: 37 damage
Tristan: 121 damage

Day ends at 6:15 PM EST on Saturday August 20th

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
it would be great to know whether or not there's a night attacker vigilante, because i certainly can't attack at night
I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Since attacking is the main way of killing in this game, I'm sure there's at least one -- if not multiple -- roles that can do damage in the night.

So since you said that, does that mean you don't think that this attack on Mido was a vigilante?

Also, to answer some questions I didn't get around to in the previous day:

hmmm. Do you think there's a poisoner as a serial killer in this game?
It's still plausible to me that mafia could replace their night kill with a poison if they want to, but now that we've seen proof of DOT I'm not sure there's not a SK.
Possible, I suppose. Although I could see poison as just being a normal ability for any alignment, including town. But didn't we say we thought the poisoner was Widowmaker, who is likely mafia? Is there another character who would seem more like a third party who can poison?

I'm not quite getting this bit, I need a bit of clarification. Which attack? Does that mean that you think mafia is attacking him?
Yeah, I thought that the attack on Tristan in the previous day might have been mafia aligned, since it was so sudden and powerful. Perhaps it was a replacement even for a traditional night kill.

This is just theorization, however, based on the nature of the kill itself. It doesn't necessarily mean I think Tristan is Town.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Since attacking is the main way of killing in this game, I'm sure there's at least one -- if not multiple -- roles that can do damage in the night.
well i'm not one of them so here's no way for me to guess who gets attacked by mafia and who doesn't, unless mido's attacker wants to come forward.

Is there another character who would seem more like a third party who can poison?
no idea

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The attack on Tristan yesterday interests me greatly, especially if its a Mafia attack.
I'm curious if anyone thinks the attack on Tristan is town related, and I'd like to hear reasoning why.

I'm a bit surprised of the attack on Mido. I'll reread his posts and see if anything stands out.

Also, unless something major happens, I'm done theorizing about roles.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
MIdo's been posting little and nothing he's said has caught my eye.

At this point what I have is townreads and I have to narrow it down from there.

original player list (which is still correct since no one's died) :
1. Viral Maze
2. Mido
3. DekuNut
4. LittleGumball
5. Johnny Sooshi
6. Storm
7. Tristan
8. Doc
9. Heroine of Time

if I take away my town (and nulltown) reads and myself i get people I could potentially lynch:
2. Mido
3. DekuNut
5. Johnny Sooshi
9. Heroine of Time

That's much farther along than I was before.

I have a hunch that removes more people so now my list looks like this:
2. Mido
9. Heroine of Time

So please, if you attacked Mido last night and you're town, please speak up and help confirm my theory.

Mido

Version 1
MIdo's been posting little and nothing he's said has caught my eye.

At this point what I have is townreads and I have to narrow it down from there.

original player list (which is still correct since no one's died) :
1. Viral Maze
2. Mido
3. DekuNut
4. LittleGumball
5. Johnny Sooshi
6. Storm
7. Tristan
8. Doc
9. Heroine of Time

if I take away my town (and nulltown) reads and myself i get people I could potentially lynch:
2. Mido
3. DekuNut
5. Johnny Sooshi
9. Heroine of Time

That's much farther along than I was before.

I have a hunch that removes more people so now my list looks like this:
2. Mido
9. Heroine of Time

So please, if you attacked Mido last night and you're town, please speak up and help confirm my theory.

I find it somewhat interesting that your hunches narrow down to the two most inactive players in this game as of the most recent post count. I'm not counting Storm since he is a replacement and has been posting in a high volume when he has posted. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems awfully safe. (Now I'm a hypocrite of the highest order in this regard, especially since I never attacked anybody yet. :( ) One more thing on that, such observations were accurate in Dollhouse Mafia, so the ground has valid roots.

I am with you on if my attacker is town, I would like some perspective although if said attacker would like to keep him/herself protected, I most definitely understand. At the moment, my gut says that the Mafia may have attacked me, but that could be the attack paranoia speaking in my stead. One last thing about the attack: it has fueled my caution towards Doc's alignment slightly, but I will say he addressed my previous concerns from an understandable standpoint as I briefly noted earlier.

On another note, I find it interesting that Viral's continual damage has ceased. I'm assuming if we are correct about the Widowmaker mine ability, the ability must harbor some sort of duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom