• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Mido took 62 damage in an attack during the night.
So it looks like Mido had only one attack on him last night. This is somewhat intriguing to me because it means nobody else attacked, or if they did, it was blocked somehow. So a part of me wants to believe the attack on Mido was from the mafia, but I got some interesting information last night that makes me think that may not be the case, because I know that more than one night action occurred. In fact, given what I know, if another attack was attempted, but that attack was roleblocked, it would line up nicely with the information I got.

But then, say Mido and Heroine are mafia. They're both inactive, so it would also make sense in this case that a second attack didn't go through in the night.

This post may seem disorganized and ineligible, but I'm basically thinking aloud atm. Just wanted to get a quick post in before I go back and read.

On another note, I find it interesting that Viral's continual damage has ceased. I'm assuming if we are correct about the Widowmaker mine ability, the ability must harbor some sort of duration.
I'm guessing it just lasted for a day. I think it would be OP if it kept attacking him until he eventually died.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
So I must ask you, Storm, what made you think Viral's damage went down? If you had to choose one person to attack, right here, right now, who would it be, and why? Pretend the turret is unattackable.
Also, what are your thoughts on the turret?
I thought I answered this one, but I suppose I didn't. if I could choose anyone at this point it would Be Heroine of Time. her ferocity towards me feels unprovoked as I gave notice I was going to be gone

Doubtful. Have you ever heard of a doctor that can heal twice in one day?
I think you're lying, but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt for now, just to see what happens with you.
I think there was some kind of Regen Ability given by someone, like a healing turret

I noticed storm's HP dropped again when Viral was attacked. This time from 78 to 32. I doubt a self healer can heal themselves twice in one day. So maybe storm is the one using the turret, and it heals him a bit every time it hits someone? Just a theory. Makes me slightly wary of Storm actually. I said I thought the turret was town aligned earlier, but if this theory is correct, it seems like it might be a mafia ability.
[B]@Storm[/B] do you know why you keep losing damage?
I think someone chose to Heal Regal last night, and when I returned, it stuck

Also @Storm can you answer my questions pls thx much appreciated
Apparently Storms at his girlfriends house for a few days. he said so around Page 6
Im gonna be gone a few days. Wont be back until the start of day 3. I love you guys. Please keep me alive until then, okay ;)

I want to hear from Storm before I consider attacking him
well Salmon. consider me heard

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
On another note, I find it interesting that Viral's continual damage has ceased. I'm assuming if we are correct about the Widowmaker mine ability, the ability must harbor some sort of duration.
I think Tristan mentioned this, but it must be for the duration of one day. There's no way an ability like that will pester someone for the rest of the game.

I find it somewhat interesting that your hunches narrow down to the two most inactive players in this game as of the most recent post count.
Coincidence, I promise. Honestly wasn't what I was looking for.

I never attacked anybody yet
And why is that? Did you, perhaps...,,,,,....., forfeit your day attack in order to set up a malicious turret or poison mine????????

Mido

Version 1
I think Tristan mentioned this, but it must be for the duration of one day. There's no way an ability like that will pester someone for the rest of the game.

Coincidence, I promise. Honestly wasn't what I was looking for.

And why is that? Did you, perhaps...,,,,,....., forfeit your day attack in order to set up a malicious turret or poison mine????????

1. I must have missed Tristan's observation. Either way, it seems both of you are correct.

2. Fair enough. I suppose if I was targeted by a townie, it would make sense to target an more-inactive played.

3. Nope, those dangerous weapons do not belong to me!

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
1. I must have missed Tristan's observation. Either way, it seems both of you are correct.
I do suppose it is correct. Viral does not seem to be taking damage at this time

2. Fair enough. I suppose if I was targeted by a townie, it would make sense to target an more-inactive played.
I know no one asked, but I also have Heroine on my potential scum list for inactivity and the lack of knowledge factor. and Mido, you are a null read for me. you're always a bit inactive, that doesn't mean anything particularly

In fact, given what I know, if another attack was attempted, but that attack was roleblocked, it would line up nicely with the information I got.
Would you mind sharing your information, Tristan? I mean we could go all out shooting Wildly, but If you have Game-changing information, would be a shame to keep it to yourself.

3. Nope, those dangerous weapons do not belong to me!
This.
Mido, are we to assume by this comment that you are not inherently dangerous?

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
So since you said that, does that mean you don't think that this attack on Mido was a vigilante?

The attack on Tristan yesterday interests me greatly, especially if its a Mafia attack.
I'm curious if anyone thinks the attack on Tristan is town related, and I'd like to hear reasoning why.

I'm a bit surprised of the attack on Mido. I'll reread his posts and see if anything stands out.

Also, unless something major happens, I'm done theorizing about roles.

So if we're theorizing about this, it would make sense that both Midi and Heroine are mafia, or at the very least that mafia didn't go for a night attack because of their day activity. A lot of damage thrown at Viral and Mezlo yesterday, so it definitely makes sense that the night attack could be town. However, I'm not gonna exclude the possibility that it could be mafia.

Would you mind sharing your information, Tristan? I mean we could go all out shooting Wildly, but If you have Game-changing information, would be a sh

Not sure that I agree. If like to know, but I don't want him to die because of it, if he is in fact town.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I thought I answered this one, but I suppose I didn't. if I could choose anyone at this point it would Be Heroine of Time. her ferocity towards me feels unprovoked as I gave notice I was going to be gone
I don't think I was being ferocious in any way. In fact, my attack had nothing to do with you being gone. I wanted to attack to see if you healed again, since there were a lot of suspicions regarding whether it was a self heal or not. Is no one allowed to attack you just because you're gone?

Also: posting takes some effort, but sending a quick PM to activate a skill doesn't. :P

As a more general point, so far the mafia hasn't displayed any insta-kill abilities. Do you think that makes it safer to claim? I'm surprised so many people are asking for Mido's attacker to come forward.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Also: posting takes some effort, but sending a quick PM to activate a skill doesn't. :P
confirmed scum

:P

I'm surprised so many people are asking for Mido's attacker to come forward.
How come? If you truly think that multiple people can attack at night, besides mafia, then in your POV there's no reason for the attacker not to come forward if they're town since there are other town-aligned night attackers.

I would love to hear from Tristan about this blockage though. We've got potential to unearth scum in this.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The information I got is how many night actions were performed last night (4), which lines up perfectly with if someone else attacked and was blocked. Not the most sound, but hey, it's something :P I just wanted to try getting somewhere tbh.

Anyway sorry for the short response, omw to work atm

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Viral took 16 damage

Mido: 62 damage
Viral: 53 damage
Tristan: 121 damage

Day ends at 6:15 PM EST on Saturday August 20th

If you need to know your ultimate charge percentages, please pm me. I'm basically on vacation until next Saturday and have mostly just my phone for posting.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Tristan, let's not forget that there's more than just killing roles. Roleblockers, cops, etc also could exist and be affecting how many you see. Still good to note though
I was originally going on to say that maybe the poison the other day was the scum attack, and Mido was an attack from the Mafia, because damage to a less-active player will provide less information. From the fact many see him as less likely to be town though, and with Tristan's action count, I may want to rethink this.
Also, I apologize if I get quiet today. My schedule changed and it's a pain. Working Mon-Sat as of now. I hope I don't need a replacement, but I won't hesitate to find one if I need to

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Sorry for being quiet so far today. I had my wisdom teeth removed and have spent the last two days sleeping.

Also it looks like Viral is still poisoned. He might remain poisoned all game, considering how little damage he is taking from it.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Also it looks like Viral is still poisoned. He might remain poisoned all game, considering how little damage he is taking from it.

I don't think its poison. Its doing more damage than it did yesterday, but maybe I missed something and it is poison. Not too surprised. It's probably not Widowmaker (I'm assuming Widowmaker was the one to poison me) but rather another role. Reaper doesn't seem to fit the bill, so its probably a town role?
Maybe someone's throwing 16 damage at me to pressure me to be active. If that's the case, I'm re-re-reading the thread.

I find one or two players suspicious, but I need to look back.

So where did the poison mine come from? Where do anon attacks come from?
I mentioned it earlier. The person who used the poison mine could have an IRL hour cooldown, rather than an in-game cooldown. Meaning they could poison and then vote/attack like normal in the same game day after their IRL cooldown expired. Meaning, just because someone attacked at the end of Day 2, doesn't mean they also didn't set up the mines on me. On the contrary, I'm sure one of them did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom