• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
No one stood out to me. In such a small game, I'd rather wait until I at least have some suspicions before throwing out an attack.

Is it also because some inactives were already attacked/policy attacks occurred? If no one attacked or was attacked by EoD, would you have still felt the same way and not done anything, or would you have thrown out a policy attack?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Tristan: 34 damage
RegalBryant: 121 damage

Night ends at 1:00 AM EST on Saturday August 13th

No more posting.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
The turret attacks again at the beginning of the day, dealing damage to Viral Maze

Viral: 17 damage
RegalBryant: 78 damage

Day ends at 1:30 AM EST on Tuesday August 16th

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
well. since my previous Incarnation didn't talk at all
Hello. I am back everybody
but
The Motherf***ing list

(because you know what. there isn't one here)

1. Viral Maze: -17HP
2. Mido
DekuNut
4. LittleGumball
5. Johnny Sooshi
6. Storm~ -78HP
7. Tristan:-34HP
8. Doc
9. Heroine of Time

Only DekuNut attacked publicly yesterday and I took over for Regal

I don't want to lie. I read the whole thread yesterday, but nothing seemed to Jump out at me and scream Scum, but I've been away for a bit. I'll get my sea legs back as long as I'm not shot out of the Water

Mido

Version 1
Do we think the turret is mafia-aligned? Or was it set up by someone else (aka town or 3rdp) and is just attacking random people?

When the turret first appeared, I had it narrowed down to two characters from what my memory could recall. There's Torbjorn, a fellow who could deploy turrets and is essentially an engineer and Bastion (who first came to my mind at the time, but forgot his name), who could transform into a turret. At first glance, Libk's flavor potentially indicates the presence of a Mafia-aligned turret:

Enemy turret sighted!

A Turret pops up and shoots Tristan for 34 damage. The turret can be attacked.

RegalBryant: 51 damage

Has attacked: DekuNut
Has not attacked: the rest.

Day ends at 1:30 PM EST on Thursday, August 11th

However, this could easily not mean anything. If the turret does belong to the Mafia, I don't think Torbjorn would be the fellow behind the turret from what I discern to be his alignment, but this all revolves on the turret-alignment situation. I also wonder if the turret operates in a random fashion? (In that case, I can't see it being Bastion if memory serves me right.) I don't know this stuff enough. :(

Meanwhile, I have catching up to do, so I'll go do that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I checked the wiki, and I found only 2 characters who may use turrets. Torbjorn and Symmetra, both of whom are stated in the wiki to be heroes. Symmetra has the Sentry Turret, which is the only one that seems to deal damage (and the amount of damage it deals lines up), so I think it's a safe bet that Symmetra is the character using the turret. So I don't think the turret is mafia aligned. I think a townie set it up and is either attacking people they're suspicious of, or it attacks a random player. With this information, we may be able to use it to our advantage. The problem is that since we don't know if it hits a chosen or a random target, it could be potentially dangerous. So what do you guys think, should we try to attack the turret?

@Libk can you tell us how much HP the turret has or no?

Mido

Version 1
Looking back:

So I've been skimming the overwatch wiki. Apparently there are factions within the games. There is Overwatch, which is apparently defunct, and a terrorist group called Talon. Talon is apparently headed up by Reaper and also includes Widowmaker. I assume that's the scum team then. There are a few other factions, but none seem greater than those two.

If this observation is correct, the alignment of the turret potentially bodes well for the town.

So what do you guys think, should we try to attack the turret?

If anything, we should keep it around for one more test run to get a more feasible perspective on how it is operating.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Mido, you're saying everything on my mind right now. [deleted something because i changed my mind] I think it's Torbjorn because I think the turret MIGHT be random and iirc Bastion can control his. (fk me nevermind there's another character, i need to post faster bc i've got ninja'd like 3 times, i don't have the energy to delt this paragraph again)

Could be the players were set with certain abilities and mafia was just assigned to random characters. I don't know whether that's a thing Libk would do though.

DO NOT NAME CLAIM
also, reread the rules and ^this made me more comfortable to say who I thought held the turret.

Personally I'm more inclined to think that the turret is mafia-aligned but I also believe it has a very good chance of being not mafia. Not a very helpful sentiment but there u gogh

anyway in conclusion if the turret is mafia it's probably bastion and it's aiming at people, if it's town then it's just shooting random characters. Side note the turret can be attacked and I'm thinking about probably doing it.

A stray thought that I had from Smash mafia, would mafia attack their own just to build trust? Basically what I'm saying is do you guys think Viral would plot to have his partner damage him or just do it himself, if either is possible?

another thing i noticed:
RegalBryant: 121 damage

RegalBryant: 78 damage
@Libk Mistake? Or is it okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom