• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Original LoZ then AoL Before OoT on Timeline?

Nye Pendragon

derparific
(I'm just putting the spoiler warning just in case.)

... Am I the only one who puts the original Legend of Zelda, then Adventure of Link and THEN Ocarina of Time on the timeline?

Minish Cap makes NO sense to come before OoT (don't get me started on why, that's for another time) and honestly, don't these two start the 'Zelda' legend in the first place?

So I'm thinking Skyward Sword either comes BEFORE these two, or AFTER these two and before OoT.

Post your thoughts. (Don't bombard me with your own timeline, please.)

(I'm quite sure there wasn't a thread like this, but if there is, please tell me!)

then AlttP who is a confirmed prequel to LoZ comes before OoT, but since OoT is where Ganon was born how is this possible? also I think the imprisoning war is OoT

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Do you have any evidence? According to my timeline LoZ and AoL could take place after OoX or somehow "Adult Hyrule" lost it's technology hundreds of years after ST, then those two games take place. Also I agree with you. It makes no sense to put MC first, that's why the Four Sword series is separate from the rest in my timeline.

Pinecove

Last Chance
^And SS before that.

At any case, no, LoZ/AoL has always been a sequel to ALttP. If they've moved to another timeline (like breaking up ALttP and LoZ) then so be it, but LoZ does NOT come before ALttP and DEFINITELY not before OoT. Heck, it even screws up the Triforce consistency (OoT has the creation as it's backdrop for the Triforce).

No don't close the topic just yet! There's still something to this argument.... well sort of. See, there's one glaring event that occurs in AoL that must take place before any Zelda game: the starting of the "Zelda" tradition in the first place! Mases and Garrett discussed this to some extent during ZE's marathon about a week ago. In AoL, the prince of Hyrule starts the tradition of naming every princess born in the kingdom "Zelda", which would have to take place before any other game so far since they all have a princess Zelda in them, named after the original in AoL. This would make the events of LoZ and AoL the very first in the timeline, before even OoT. However, this also is impossible since OoT shows the origins of Ganondorf's rise to power, and in LoZ/AoL Ganondorf has clearly already had possession of the Triforce of Power and transformed into his beast state for some time.

Pinecove

Last Chance
No don't close the topic just yet! There's still something to this argument.... well sort of. See, there's one glaring even that occurs in AoL that must take place before any Zelda game: the starting of the "Zelda" tradition in the first place!

Either the sleeping Zelda story has:

1. Been retconned.
Or
2. Broken up into two parts (With the curse on the princess and the hiding of the ToC at a later time.)

If the games had nothing to do with ALttP they could go anywhere, but as you know ALttP LoZ and AoL are all linked together. With all the events in ALttP, it would make no sense for those games to come before OoT. In TP the master sword is placed in the sacred grove, only to be pulled out again by ALttP Link. After the sword is laid to rest for the final time (depending on the canonicity of the linked oracle ending), it is never used again and that is why the sword is not in LoZ and AoL therefore they cannot be before ALttP which cannot be before TP and OoT.

Minish Cap makes NO sense to come before OoT (don't get me started on why, that's for another time) and honestly, don't these two start the 'Zelda' legend in the first place?

So I'm thinking Skyward Sword either comes BEFORE these two, or AFTER these two and before OoT.

That's quite impossible, LTTP is a prequel to these games and the events in that game make it definitely go after OoT. Also, the Sages in OoT were the basis for the names of the towns in AoL. That one's not a big deal, but further proves that they definitely go after OoT. I would imagine on the Adult timeline, considering the sages haven't been awakened in the child timeline.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
despite ALttP binging a prequel to TLoZ and AoL, placing those two games before OOT would be rather hard with the triforce and all. In my opinion the first game and its sequel go after ST in New Hyrule, as for the train tracks of ST they dont really need to be gone do they, I say their still there in AoL we just dont see them.

Either the sleeping Zelda story has:

1. Been retconned.
Or
2. Broken up into two parts (With the curse on the princess and the hiding of the ToC at a later time.)
#2 is impossible. Zelda was cursed because the Triforce of Courage was hidden. Zelda's brother knew that Zelda knew the location of the Triforce of Courage, and when she wouldn't tell him, he sent a wizard to make her confess, but when she still wouldn't talk the wizard put her into an eternal sleep. So you can't separate the Zelda event from the Triforce of Courage event, because one directly caused the other.

Pinecove

Last Chance
#2 is impossible. Zelda was cursed because the Triforce of Courage was hidden. Zelda's brother knew that Zelda knew the location of the Triforce of Courage, and when she wouldn't tell him, he sent a wizard to make her confess, but when she still wouldn't talk the wizard put her into an eternal sleep. So you can't separate the Zelda event from the Triforce of Courage event, because one directly caused the other.

While I agree it's unlikely, it isn't impossible. Afterall, the manual only states that Zelda "knew something about the Triforce" which could be pretty much anything including (if the AoLBS is before OoT) the secret of the Temple of Time. As I said, unlikely but not impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom