• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Oot or MM

i have the chance to go on the wii ware and buy 1 game. tomorrow. i want to get either Oot or MM, but which 1? I've been thinking about MM, but all the minigames sounds a little bit tedious. please help!D:

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
It really does depend on what you feel like playing. I personally like Ocarina of Time more, but I'd recommend Majora's Mask, as it is very different from the rest of the Zelda games, as described in the above post.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Although OoT is generally considered the best Zelda game, I disagree. I highly suggest downloading MM. Not only is it my favorite Zelda game, but it's my favorite video game PERIOD. It's a darker game, that is deeper and more emotional than OoT. The story is extremely compelling and really sucks you into the world of Termina. The characters are relatable and have a more 3-dimensional personality, instead of OoT's one-sided characters that can be summed up in a word. Because of this, the characters seem more like real people, causing you to care for them much more.

You shouldn't worry about the minigames/sidequests being tedious though. In fact, the sidequests are the polar opposite of tedious. Since they are not necessary to complete the game, you can pick and choose which ones you want to do, and do them at your own leisure. If any of them cause any frustrations, you can just skip them. I advise against skipping all of them though, because in doing so, you'll be missing out on a lot. OoT's main story is longer than MM's, which is often an argument made by OoT fans. However, when you combine both the main story and sidequests of MM, you'll actually be left with a game of equal or greater length than OoT.

If you're up for a more challenging game, then MM is for you. To me, OoT has always seemed like one of the easiest (or possibly THE easiest) Zelda game there is. I don't recall having any troubles until the final few temples of OoT. In MM, the temples, enemies and puzzles are a lot more difficult. Although OoT's Water Temple is infamous for its supposed difficulty, MM's Great Bay Temple and Stone Tower Temple struck me as a lot more challenging. Another difficulty imposed by MM is the time limit. People often complain that the limited amount of time (3 days) you are given to do things, such as complete temples or sidequests, is far too little and sometimes people have to redo an entire temple just because they ran out of time. However, if you use your time wisely, this will never happen. NEVER start a temple on the second or third day. Before you do a temple, always save and go back to dawn of the first day. Make sure you play the inverted song of time (play the song of time backwards) which will slow down the speed of time, allowing giving you double the amount of time to finish things.

Both are incredible games. Although I highly suggest downloading MM, OoT has a ton of redeeming factors too. It really depends on what you're into though. If you want an incredibly iconic, more contemporary Zelda game, go with OoT. But if what you're looking for is something that's a little different, deeper, more emotional and more challenging, go with MM. You should be satisfied with both games though, since you can never really go wrong with a Zelda game...

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'm fan of MM but if ur a person who cares about storyline in order then OoT if you don't care about the story in order then go for MM.

Alar

Clothed in Green
i would but OOT first because i reckon its better than Majoras Mask , but only just so i would but it , or but both if you have enough money to spare

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom