• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Okay Lets Settle This Once and for All.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
13 years ago, I was a little boy. And this was sure a magic moment in my personal gaming history. Turning from Young Link to Adult Link is still special for, me, but the moment 13 years ago was unique.

But I rejoiced again after I've finished Lord Jabu Jabu at the 3DS version a few days ago. Moving from Zora's Fountain to Hyrule Castle, I felt like an movie star. I really enjoyed this walk.

Kazumi

chagy
... Every single time I've made him walk up to the sword and grab. I still do to this day, even though I've played through the game numerous times and already know exactly what is going to happen. I didn't know that so many other people did that as well.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Wow, I always used to walk to pick up the Master Sword, too. I would open the Door, and walk in. Then I would got to whichever side the sunlight was beaming in (I believe the left), center the camera behind me, and walk slowly up to the Master Sword, savoring the moment. Once the first trip is over, though, I don't walk to the pedestal anymore, mostly to save time, because I always make numerous trips back and forth.

I'm really amazed at how many people made Link walk to the Pedestal of Time like I always did. I've also done it at certain places in other games, too, namely the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess. But now that I think about it, grabbing the Master Sword in this fantastic game is such a classic moment, so really, I shouldn't be too surprised. It's pretty cool that so many people do this as well.

Garo

Boy Wonder
I think the greatest part about this section of the game is the near silence. No music, just the slow, rhythmic sound of Link's footsteps echoing in the chamber.

Ooh. I just got chills.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I have him walk up to it as well for that "getting caught in the moment" kind of feeling. Sometimes I'll do it in the final flight of stairs in Ganon's Tower as well, even though it is a pretty long walk. But to me it kind of shows Link's composure and mental preparation as he slowly approaches the room where his destiny is waiting for him.

N

nintendolovebug

Lol! I'm always doing that too! I also thou I was the only dork thar did that lol!
Yay! Glad to know I'm not !

I have him walk up to it as well for that "getting caught in the moment" kind of feeling. Sometimes I'll do it in the final flight of stairs in Ganon's Tower as well, even though it is a pretty long walk. But to me it kind of shows Link's composure and mental preparation as he slowly approaches the room where his destiny is waiting for him.
YES! I would do it at Ganon's Castle, too.

No. Unh-uh. Can't say I do. I always ZOOM to the next destination, because I hate to dawdle and I can never wait to see what's next! :D

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I must confess, a few times during the game during my first run-through, I knew everything was sacred and awesome, so I took my sweet time approaching the sages, Heart Containers, and the Master Sword in the Temple of Time, especially the first time.

Aside from that, I had the joystick pushed down full blast! I don't want to walk in Hyrule Field!

Actually, when it involves epic story moments, I walk a lot of the time. It just makes the moment seem more enjoyable and like a cutscene.
I also walk (or ride/sail slowly) to take in the beautiful scenery in games like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Looking at the environments just adds to the wonder.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I didn't do that, really. I was so excited about getting the Master Sword, that I ran up to it as quickly as I could. After all, I didn't want anyone else to get it before I did. And Zelda DID tell me to hurry.

I think it's debatable whether Link would run up to the Master Sword, or walk up to it slowly.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm a walker too. I always try and do the things that make the game seem more like a movie. Also, after I've lifted it the first time, I always try to make sure Link has the same items out as an adult that he has as a kid. I try my best to only let both child and adult Link approach the sword with their Hylian shield equipped.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Loving this thread!!!!! I'm also a walker because to me it shows more significance and awe towards seeing the Master Sword for the first time in the game. When I get to the sword I look at it in first person view for about 2 minutes, then I pick up the Master Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom