• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Official Oot 3D Boxart?

Looks real, and I actually like it. I like when Zelda boxarts are simple, like Twilight Princess's. Sometimes they get too cluttered like Spirit Tracks and Four Swords, so I'm glad that this one is short and to the point.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Just have a picture here in the thread so people can get a look before clicking anything. :P
This is better size and quality. Clicking gives you full size:

I like it. It has the ocarina and Shiek's harp thing. The colors are nice too.
And yes it's legitmate. It's on the official page at Nintendo: here

Beeker

Wild Card
Ayup. That's the official boxart for it.

I must say, it does look pretty nice, and simple as well. I also like the ocarina/harp thing, and the golden colour scheme.
I also see that the game has been rated E10+. I guess it's a good compromise, considering the content in the game.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I also see that the game has been rated E10+.
Yeah, if they left in the red and/or green blood Ganondorf spits up when you defeat him, and if they left in all the blood and skeletons and creepiness of the Shadow Temple and The Bottom Of The Well, then this rating makes sense.

Kirino

Tatakae
Looks awesome. I espesially like the golden color. And I like that it has a higher rating. I hope that Ganondorf doesn't have green blood anymore. It looks like he's throwing up.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
I'm loving it. The gold colour scheme really fits it, and I like the way it has the harps and the Ocarinas. I love that they bumped up the rating, I really hope there's no green blood. That'd be cool to have it spurt out in 3D.

David

But you called me here...
Yeah, its the official art. It was given out by Nintendo today at their official press release.

I personally love it. It looks great and incorporates the big things of the game into one easy to see boxart.

Djinn

and Tonic
That boxart already has a lot more detail than the original N64 box ever had. Link on Epona was an interesting touch too, the original box should have had that on it. I love the harps and ocarinas, it reminds me of the coat of arms from the original LoZ cover.
box-l.jpg

I think it would be interesting if someone actually shopped them into a new coat of arms

Also, since we are dealing with cartridges again, I see no reason why it cannot be colored gold. Nintendo needs to revive that tradition once more, we need special gold colored OoT 3D cartridges.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
They made a mistake... E-10 is for 10 and up but they said its for 7+ on the box! But good ant and good choice of colors! :)

Actually it says that the 3D mode is for 7 and up. Apparently, 3D can be harmful to young kids, or something like that. I'm not really sure what the exact problem is.

Anyway, I like the box art. It's simple, like others have said, and I like the color choice. Though I'm not too sure about the Link and Epona image. It just seems pasted there and so stands out a little too much.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
This BoxArt is a true masterpiece! If this is what the OoT BoxArt looks like, just imagine the Skyward Sword BoxArt!!! This BoxArt is truly magnificent. I also agree with Djinn in saying that the 3DS cartridge for OoT 3D should be gold. or, do what they did with the Original OoT and have limited Gold Cartridges and you could only pre-order them and they'd be EXTREMELY rare.

if you didn't think this made sense, read my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom