• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Graphics/Art Thread

T

TwilightLink

@twilightlink: What do you mean with light source? I'm a gimp noob, so I don't know most techniques. Can you explain this light source thing for me :puppy:

You see the lighter part in my Fullmetal signature ? The light source(s) add light/schadow ( what makes depth ) in signatures. Just remember you have to make the light/schadow to correspond with the render, if the head of Volvagia has light on the left side and a darker tone on the right side...well you can guess were 2 put your lightsource xD

Here's a nice tutorial with some examples:

http://freestylevirtual.deviantart.com/art/Focal-and-Light-Source-Tut-105594855

( I would Recommend Photoshop btw).

Edit:

New signature:

Link-sig.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
As promised, I created a new signature. As usual, it is of low quality.
Darknut.png

It is a very basic combo, only took me about 10 minutes (Including pressing random filters).

Steve

5/19/13
I didn't even know there was a graphics thread ^_^, well here's a Link signature I created recently:
Link.png

Kybyrian

TwilightLink, you spelled Goddess wrong. :P

Also, I really like your signatures, SoF. Especially the Chuck Norris one. Roundhouse kick, anyone?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Ever wanted a glimpse into 3-D animating?

Maya head 3.jpg

This is a commonly used 3-D animating engine. The workers at Sony, and a couple of others use this as a designing and animating engine.

This is, obviously, half a head in a pre-animation form. I'm sorry I could not make it any larger.

S

Stephanie

^Wow, that's pretty cool!

Well, here are some sigs I made...

zeldasiginthemaking.png

My current sig! ^^

zeldasig.png

Aaaaand another sig! :)

S

Sword of Faith

Here's a new sig by me.
sotw39.png

Also, here's a sig I made for Skull_Kid
skull_kid.gif

So? Good? Bad? I'll be making more soon!

DLBanner1.png

I am most likely change that blue thing for a drop shadow.
The name is kind of transparent, so in lighter backgrounds it'll look more, this was on purpose.
DaakuRinkuBan2.png

roczuztk-linkban.png

Vaati_Base_Banner.png

newKNILintentodebanner002ver1.png

S

Sword of Faith

Here's a little trinket I made.

txt.png

The shadow in it isn't black, it's the site background.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, I guess I should release some artwork. I'm nowhere near a decent artist, so I decided to create my own art from scratch in GIMP. The only effects used were air brush, paint brush, pencil, and gradient. I made it for my blog, in which it talks about how water temples are the most frustrating, It depicts WW Link in the middle of the Great Sea. It took me an hour to draw this, considering I am terrible with both pencil and mouse. Without further ado, I present to you...uh...I have yet to name it, so my artwork...
WWDrowning.png

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Now that we are talking about 'art'. I just send an email to Juliet (from north castle) to submit some artwork that I have made. I post one of them as a small preview.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/smitie1405/korokconcert.png

This is a korok concert :D. I was thinking about how it would look if every korok made music like Makar did. Here is the end result (I wanted to use imagetags, but the picture is too large). I first drew the koroks on paper using original art as a model, then I scanned it and colored it with gimp with the paintbrush. You will see this on North Castle sooner or later along with some other pictures that I made.

S

SilverHawk01

Whoho, nice Smitie. Another piece that gives me a reason 2 replay WW =]. I think it only lacks a little bit more depth. Keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom