• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No Master Sword?

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I noticed that Link recieved the Lokomo Sword in the game. Is that the equivalent to the Master Sword or something new?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The Master Sword was the Blade of Evil's Bane given power by the Goddesses and Sages of Old Hyrule, and in the ST timeline, is currently embedded into Ganon's skull. The Lokomo Sword was stated to be a sword empowered by the spirits of New Hyrule. They serve the same purpose and come from similar origins, but they are two different swords.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well they look slightly similar but are two completely different blades. Why? Because Anjean had the Lokomo Sword and the Master Sword, at that time, was embedded into Ganondorf's skull. That's the main thing. Another is that the Master Sword has it's power because of the goddesses that created the world of Hyrule in the beginning while the Lokomo Sword was given it's power by the Spirits of Good. Two different blades, from two different (albeit similar) origins.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
These are just lame copies of the master sword... They are basically swords to use to defeat the enemies in their own homeland, like in ST and PH.
Nintendo are just to lazy to create a new type of sword, and instead makes a copy of the MS. ;)

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
The Master Sword was the Blade of Evil's Bane given power by the Goddesses and Sages of Old Hyrule, and in the ST timeline, is currently embedded into Ganon's skull. The Lokomo Sword was stated to be a sword empowered by the spirits of New Hyrule. They serve the same purpose and come from similar origins, but they are two different swords.

This pretty much sums it up. It's not possible for the Master Sword to ever come back on the AT.

</thread>

CZG

These are just lame copies of the master sword... They are basically swords to use to defeat the enemies in their own homeland, like in ST and PH.
Nintendo are just to lazy to create a new type of sword, and instead makes a copy of the MS.

Well, almost.
I agree, I has nothing to do with timelines. Or much with the Master Sword.
It's not being lazy either, they just made their own graohics fit the chuncky DS style.

I think it's one of the coolest swords thy made for the whole series.
It has 'Zelda is created by Nintendo' written all over it!

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
It's a brand new sword for a brand new land. When you think about it, the Master Sword was the Sword of Din, Nayru, & Farore. In ST, the Hylians started to worship a brand new group of spirits, so a new sword was needed. I think the Lokomo Sword was made for the same purpose as the Master Sword, to be wielded by the chosen hero to slay evil. That's what I think anyway...

it's a got an awsm design too...

jugglaj91

I am me....
This pretty much sums it up. It's not possible for the Master Sword to ever come back on the AT.

With Nintendo, the Master Sword could come back anytime they feel like it, with or without explanation. And I am sure it will.

As for the Lokomo Sword, like everyone else said: they look the same, do the same kind of thing (defeat evil), and originate from the spirits that rule over the land. But they are definitely not the same sword.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
The Master Sword is under the ocean in Ganondorf's skull according to Wind Waker. It's possible for it to come back, but only if it's like 50 years after and some scientist who studies under the ocean picks up the Master Sword and Ganondorf comes back to life, bit we all know that not going to happen... right?
And the Lokomo Sword is just a sword of New Hyrule, so it has nothing to do with the Master Sword.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
The Master Sword is under the ocean in Ganondorf's skull according to Wind Waker. It's possible for it to come back, but only if it's like 50 years after and some scientist who studies under the ocean picks up the Master Sword and Ganondorf comes back to life, bit we all know that not going to happen... right?
And the Lokomo Sword is just a sword of New Hyrule, so it has nothing to do with the Master Sword.

B

Bongo_Bongo

The way I see it, every great evil being has a sword to banish them. Ganondorf has the master sword, Vaati has the four sword, Bellum has the Phantom Sword, and now, Malladus, the Demon King has the Lokomo's sword. No connection between all of them, except that they were forged to keep an evil, omnipotent being at bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom