• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Sword Theory

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
New Theory:

I am seeing a connection in certain swords in the sereis, namely th phantom sword and the master sword. therefore, I have a new theory:

The phantom sword (PS) has a blue, upturned handle. So does the master sword (MS). The PS has a blade with a similar outward niches to the MS.
Also, the hourglass symbol is in the same area as the jewel on the master sword. This is my theory: Originally, Zauz's people were the makers of the master sword. As legends passed down of it, the blade of evil's bane became, eventually, the phantom sword. So, therefore, the MS is made of the three sacred metals, and can be remade. When I thought this up, I found it rather interesting, and I would like your thoughts. Have fun!:)

The Master Sword was used in WW and was stabbed through Ganondorf's head at the end. Even if it were removed, there's nothing pointing to it somehow transforming into the Phantom Sword within that little of an amount of time (from WW to PH), which was likely a year, if not a month. That's hardly any time for legends to take place.

Also, Zauz's people did not make the MS. The Master Sword was created by the Sages long before Zauz's people even existed.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
that really doesn't make much sense seeing as the Master Sword and the Phantom Sword are from two different dimensions...

there are indeed similarities between the two just as you have stated, but i'm sure its just antother indication towards Link being in an 'alternate' dimension...

much like the 'inverted' triforce in MM...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
that really doesn't make much sense seeing as the Master Sword and the Phantom Sword are from two different dimensions...

there are indeed similarities between the two just as you have stated, but i'm sure its just antother indication towards Link being in an 'alternate' dimension...

much like the 'inverted' triforce in MM...

This...

Not to mention that at the end of WW we saw that the Master Sword stayed there, and PH is a direct sequel.

Maybe we'll see more of the Master Sword in ST(meaning that Ganon/dorf would be "released"), and, almost without a doubt, in The New Wii Zelda

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Y'all have good points, but i'm saying that Zauz made a new one.Not neccesarilly the same, but enough to kill bellum. Remember, the MS was the blade of evils bane, and bellum was certaintly evil. Plus, Im not sure that this is yet another dimension, because in WW, it speaks of it being the same place, just much later. Also, Zauz might have decended from the sages. Id still like more of your thoughts, so keep replying.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Y'all have good points, but i'm saying that Zauz made a new one.Not neccesarilly the same, but enough to kill bellum. Remember, the MS was the blade of evils bane, and bellum was certaintly evil. Plus, Im not sure that this is yet another dimension, because in WW, it speaks of it being the same place, just much later. Also, Zauz might have decended from the sages. Id still like more of your thoughts, so keep replying.

Did you read my post?
It pretty much denies what you said...

Also, the game is IN ANOTHER DIMENSION, and, the game is IMMEDIATELY after WW...

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
The Master Sword was used in WW and was stabbed through Ganondorf's head at the end. Even if it were removed, there's nothing pointing to it somehow transforming into the Phantom Sword within that little of an amount of time (from WW to PH), which was likely a year, if not a month. That's hardly any time for legends to take place.

Also, Zauz's people did not make the MS. The Master Sword was created by the Sages long before Zauz's people even existed.

Though I don't agree with it being made by Zauz's people or the the phantom sword was ever also known asthe Master Sword... but the fact that the sword is still in Ganon's head doesn't matter... seeing as you have to have a new PS made anyway. I do agree with whoever said the MS is to the PH as the Triforce is to the inverted triforce thing in MM... Seeing as it's an alternate dimension, it needed to have something similar but oposite, if that makes sense.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I did read, skull kid. And proved you wrong. THE END OF MASTER SWORD. SO NEW ONE IS MADE. Thats my point. However, I just replayed the end of PH, and you are right about bellum and oshus fom another dimension. However, when he gets off the ghost ship, he has the phantom sword on his back. Also, he had the PH, and Linebeck was still there. So maybe Oshus and Bellum are from somwhere else, and the rest of the stuff isnt. think about it.

Vash03

I did read, skull kid. And proved you wrong. THE END OF MASTER SWORD. SO NEW ONE IS MADE. Thats my point. However, I just replayed the end of PH, and you are right about bellum and oshus fom another dimension. However, when he gets off the ghost ship, he has the phantom sword on his back. Also, he had the PH, and Linebeck was still there. So maybe Oshus and Bellum are from somwhere else, and the rest of the stuff isnt. think about it.

You didn't prove him wrong.. you used a theory that is based on the slight similaraties of the two swords and then you said he was wrong. That doesn't mean he is wrong. And it's possible that since he brought the PS into the WW demension, that sword could have a bigger roll in ST, maybe even taking the place of ST, I don't think it will, but it's possible. But it isn't the new MS, and a new one wasn't made. Just because they look similar doesn't mean they are a like.. The phantom sword is good for killing phantoms.. don't think it'll hold up to Ganon/dorf because he isn't a phantom. You'd need the sword of evils bane.

So if the final boss in ST is a Phantom, they'll probably reincorporate the PS, if not.. there will probably be some explination to how the MS was found, or how Ganon woke up when the sword lost some of it's power and removed it and because he couldn't destroy it, he hid it in some temple or something..

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
I don't think the MS became the PS, because PH is WW's direct sequel, it takes place less than a year after WW.
So, I don't see how Zauz could have change it into another sword.
But I like the idea of remading the MS with the three pure metals.
Maybe the PS is the new blade of evil bane, maybe there will be a new one in ST...
We'll see. Knowing that Link still had the Phantom Hourglass at the end of the game, his descendant could remake the sword.
But something I'm sure about, is that the new Link won't have the MS, unless that something very weird happens...

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Alright... I accept defea- I mean, you proved me wrong... But I do like the pure metal theory, still... Thanks, guys...

Vash03

The only thing I'm confused about is, I mean it looks kinda like he has the phantom sword.. but in the end he throws the hour glass into the ocean, which is supposed to be the hilt of the PS.. so how could it be the PS?

Interesting theory, but a bit flawed. I suppose the PS could possibly be the 'new' MS in ST, handed down from WW/PH Link. Perhaps Link would have to find it hidden in some dungeon somewhere on the new continent, much like WW Link had to find the MS under the sea.

The only thing I'm confused about is, I mean it looks kinda like he has the phantom sword.. but in the end he throws the hour glass into the ocean, which is supposed to be the hilt of the PS.. so how could it be the PS?

Ok, whoa. I don't remember Link throwing the PH into the sea in the end. Are you sure about that? I haven't replayed the ending in a while, but I'm pretty sure he didn't do that.
Although, even if he didn't, you have a point. If the PH was used to make the hilt of the PS, he shouldn't somehow get the hourglass back while the PS is still around. But then, perhaps that signifies that the PS lost it's powers of time. Or maybe the PS actually turned into the MS when Link came back to his own dimension, as the PS was kind of the MS of the PH world. :O

Vash03

No I'm not sure, I remember him realizing he had the phantom hour glass.. and it wasn't part of the sword when he showed it.. so either way.. it couldn't be the PS.. I do remember after realizing that he had the hourglass he ran to the side of the ship and I thought he threw it and then saw Linebeck

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
No I'm not sure, I remember him realizing he had the phantom hour glass.. and it wasn't part of the sword when he showed it.. so either way.. it couldn't be the PS.. I do remember after realizing that he had the hourglass he ran to the side of the ship and I thought he threw it and then saw Linebeck

I just double checked. Link has the Hourglass and it's not a part of the sword anymore, but he doesn't throw it in. He just runs to the other side of the ship and sees Linebeck's boat sailing away, then the camera pans up to the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom