• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Spyro Game

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
A new Spyro game game has just been announced. Again a new company is working on the franchise; Toys for Bob, no joke, that's the name of the devoloper. Spyro has a slightly different look. He looks tougher, but it also looks like he ran in to glass door again and again. Another new feature is that there is a "portal" that little figurines sit on. These allow you to save right onto the figure. You can get 30 different characters and each character is playable within the game.

What are your thoughts.
spyro.jpg

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Actually, the company is Toys for Bob, not "of". :P

Toys for Bob is the developer of the new game, Activision still owns the rights to the series. I'd be wary, though. Often times when new execs are brought into the developement of a game, the result is terrible. But the last few Spyro games have been given average to below average reviews. I think it was way past time to introduce someone new to add some excitment and a challenge into the games.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Actually, the company is Toys for Bob, not "of". :P

Toys for Bob is the developer of the new game, Activision still owns the rights to the series. I'd be wary, though. Often times when new execs are brought into the developement of a game, the result is terrible. But the last few Spyro games have been given average to below average reviews. I think it was way past time to introduce someone new to add some excitment and a challenge into the games.

I agree, the latest developers haven't done that great of a job. I actually enjoyed the Legend of Spyro games, but besides those and the originals I'm not a huge fan of the series.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I played Spyro as a little kid, but I didn't really like it to be honest. I am not sure why, but I just didn't. But I might have to try this new game, if it is any good though. I do like dragons. ^^

I LOVED the original Spyro the Dragon series as a kid (still do), but the Legend of Spyro SUCKED!! I just wish there was a developer out the which can just bring it back to its roots, (same for the crash Bandicoot series)

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I LOVED the original Spyro the Dragon series as a kid (still do), but the Legend of Spyro SUCKED!! I just wish there was a developer out the which can just bring it back to its roots, (same for the crash Bandicoot series)

Okay the Legend of Spyro had issues but it had a great story and character developement, the multiplayer had problems, a least they tried, some companies won't even try. They need to make this new Spyro like the orignal Spyros with updated graphics. Crash Bandicoot needs to make a comeback too!

Okay the Legend of Spyro had issues but it had a great story and character developement, the multiplayer had problems, a least they tried, some companies won't even try. They need to make this new Spyro like the original Spyros with updated graphics. Crash Bandicoot needs to make a comeback too!
i hope they do that, i would love to see a spryo similar to the original instead of all this legend of spyro crap. sure the voice acting was good but it was a crapy game. they need to come out with an old school spyro game with revamped graphics and an improved story.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I only ever played the original Spyro the Dragon on the first Playstation, not even the direct sequels, much less any spinoff games or reboots. Come to think of it, I might have to dug it out once more and play it again.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I really don't know what to think about this new Spyro. I think this deign is soooo much better. Now that I think back on it, The Legend of Spyro wasn' that good, I think I was mixing the orignals and the Legend of spyro series.
spyro-the-dragon.jpg

To me, Spyro is digging itself into holes it doesn't belong in. The original games (or at least what I've played of them on the early Playstations) were fun to play, since it didn't complicate the gameplay that much, but now there are a billion different characters and power-ups, to the point where it feels like the developers resurrected JRR Tolkien to write the plots. I'm a little unconfident about the new game, but I think it deserves somewhat of a chance.

Abbs

I loved Spyro as a kid, it was the first major game I got into.:P

But this new game they're doing looks rather gimmicky, and hardly looks like the Spyro I grew up with. It honestly looks like they just stuck him in some random game to sell their product more. Also, the action figure idea isn't exactly something I want to spend money on or anything. I guess it isn't my cup of tea.

Although apparently Hans Zimmer is doing the soundtrack and the writers of Toy Story are taking hold of the plot and characters, so a lot of love is being put in the game. Hollywood doesn't necessarily guarantee success, though. They should have learned that with the voice acting.

squirrelguys

Hero of Slimes
I have the second and third Spyro game for my Play Station. I tried the fourth one for the Game Cube, and one of the Legend games and hated them both. I only liked the first three. So I am sure I will feel the same about the next one. Unless they make one like the first few I won't get it.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
They should have taken this idea and made a whole new series. I think this might be the final nail in the coffin for Spyro :(

Oh I figured out why spyros face is so smashed in. He has been facepalming beacuse of his last couple games and has permanently disfigured his face.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The picture you gave in the description...is that how Spyro's supposed to look, Mikau94?

Against the opinions of many, I actually loved the Legend of Spyro (originally for Elijah Wood, but I quickly grew out of that fan service...). They're honestly the only PlayStation games I'll get into. The newer ones are better than the old ones, in my opinion (I've only played the first and A Hero's Tail, though I plan on checking out others), especially the fighting styles. Ramming an enemy up and performing those aerial combos were the best.

I can't wait to see what the new game's going to be like. I've heard that there would be a movie of the Legend of Spyro series, but that it got canceled, unfortunately. Also, a friend kept telling me a continuation of the LoS trilogy was going to be made, only this time Spyro would be an adult. I guess that was scrapped or nonexistent; either way, it came from his internet scavenges. :)

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
The picture you gave in the description...is that how Spyro's supposed to look, Mikau94?

Against the opinions of many, I actually loved the Legend of Spyro (originally for Elijah Wood, but I quickly grew out of that fan service...). They're honestly the only PlayStation games I'll get into. The newer ones are better than the old ones, in my opinion (I've only played the first and A Hero's Tail, though I plan on checking out others), especially the fighting styles. Ramming an enemy up and performing those aerial combos were the best.

I can't wait to see what the new game's going to be like. I've heard that there would be a movie of the Legend of Spyro series, but that it got canceled, unfortunately. Also, a friend kept telling me a continuation of the LoS trilogy was going to be made, only this time Spyro would be an adult. I guess that was scrapped or nonexistent; either way, it came from his internet scavenges. :)

THe first picture is what Spyro will look like in the game.The second is just an awesome drawing that I thought was a better concept for a new Spyro. Also I love the orignal Playstation Spyro look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom