• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My THEORY of Link's Ages Throughout the Games.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I will list this by time-line.

Original Time-Line

Skyward Sword: 20, Reason? Because the creators said somewhere that he is the oldest Link so far.

Minish Cap: 9, Reason? Cause he looks 9.

Four Swords: 12 maybe, Reason? Cause he is toon-link, but he looks older than Minish Cap.

Ocarina of Time: 9/16, Reason? Officially stated.

Decline Time-Line

A Link to the Past: 12, Reason? He looks young to me and the guards in the original SNES version treat him like a kid.

Oracles: 12-13, Reason? Because he is the same Link from ALttP and it probably wasn't long after.

Link's Awakening: 12-13, Reason? Because it is the same Link from the Oracles, in the end of OoA he leaves on a raft, and how long do you think he spent on the raft?

Legend of Zelda: 12, Reason? Officially stated.

Adventure of Link: 15-16, Reason? Officially stated.

Adult Time-Line

Wind Waker: 9, Reason? Officially stated.

Phantom Hourglass: 9-10, Reason? Same Link from WW.

Spirit Tracks: 9-10, maybe even 8! Reason? Cause he sound younger than the WW Link.

Child Time-line

Majora's Mask: 9, Reason? Direct sequel to OoT.

Twilight Princess: 18ish, Reason? Because he is obviously older than 16.

Four Swords Adventure: 12, Reason? Cause he looks just like the original Four Swords Link.

That is all, tell me what you think of it. I may post what I think Zelda's ages are if this page is successful.

link's Sister

I am not Aryll!
Twilight Princess link is a actually 17.
Majora's Mask link is really 11.
Ocarina of Time Link(young) is 10.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
In Iwata Asks he said tat Oot Link is 9/16, and he also said that WW Link is 9, and that Loz Link is 12.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yes, he's 9 and 16 in OoT, 12 in LoZ, and 16 in AoL. I don't see where he stated his age in WW. Here's the interview.

Link is 16 in TP. 2004: Miyamoto sees "teenager" as "16". May 2005: It has not yet been decided whether he's 16 or 17. August 2005: Aonuma says he's 17. 2007: Aonuma says he's 16. (most recent so it's canon)
OoT-Link has a similar history of his age fluctuating over time. The 9/16 numbers were given in 2011, so those are currently his canon ages in that game.

As for the rest... it's hard to judge from appearance. For example, Link looks older in his LttP artwork than in OoX and LA, despite those games being sequels.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Last I checked, the creator's never said that this was the oldest link. That's something someone at IGN said when they say the original artwork for the game. And that was with the TP style.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I don't see how ALttP Link is 16 if the guards that haven't been affected in the beginning of the game will say stuff like. "Hey Kid go too bed! You can stay up, when you grow up."

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Hmm, so "Adult Link" in OoT isn't even technically an adult.. I had always assumed 11 years old for Young Link and 18 for Adult Link since that would be the minimum age requirement to be an adult, but can't argue with official statements I guess.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Hmm, so "Adult Link" in OoT isn't even technically an adult.. I had always assumed 11 years old for Young Link and 18 for Adult Link since that would be the minimum age requirement to be an adult, but can't argue with official statements I guess.

Yeah that's what I always thought too. 11, then 18. He's always looked like a young adult to me, and 18 would be the youngest you could be while still technically an adult.

I assumed TP Link was also 18.

As for SS, that could be either way. 17-20 sounds right, he's in a knight academy so it could be anywhere within that range. I also assume he's the oldest simply because of the interactions with other people and how he carries himself & acts. Fits the "20-something slacker" trope well.

Please, I request that no one swears in my topic.

Why don't you let the mods do their jobs? Besides, once you post a thread, it's no longer yours. ;3

In any case, most of those ages seem fairly sound. While I originally thought he was 10/17 in OoT, it actually was confirmed in an interview with Iwata that he's actually 9/16. I guess 16 is the age of the Hero, and 9 is the age of the meddling kid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom