• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My New Timeline After the Oot Confirmation

ok sorry for the long title.anyway oot is now confirmed to be at the beginig of the timeline so far with skyward sword right behind it.
at
........../--ww/ph--st--loz/aol
ss--oot
..........\mm--alttp/la--mc--fs/fsa/oox--tp
ct

Everything is alright besides you having OoX as a direct sequel to FSA, which doesn't really make sense to me so you'll have to provide some evidence for why you believe this... AND you have TP in the wrong spot. TP was confirmed to be after MM on the CT (MM--TP--etc.)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
In my opinoin, no timeline makes sence unless FSA is somewere before ALttP. But a good theory. It is just that I hate everyone asuming that Link from MC, FS, and FSA are the same person.

People assume that? They're all different Links. I just have a question for you majorasmajic. What makes you think that the original LoZ and AoL go after ST. It's just a question that's been bothering me. I agree with you on how you put the MC saga and the alttp/la part.

Just so you know, it was never confirmed that TMC, FS, and FSA don't take place before OoT anymore. The fact that Aonuma didn't mention them in the recent interview isn't confirmation that they don't still take place before OoT. They just weren't relevant, so they were'd mentioned.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
That is well thought out but I always though MC was at the begining of the timeline.

Just so you know, it was never confirmed that TMC, FS, and FSA don't take place before OoT anymore. The fact that Aonuma didn't mention them in the recent interview isn't confirmation that they don't still take place before OoT. They just weren't relevant, so they were'd mentioned.

It's pretty damning that he recalled OoT as the last "oldest story" before SS, though. Believe it or not, but it really does mean something in context when Aonuma brings up OoT as the last time anything was the oldest rather than, say, the Four Swords series.

It's pretty damning that he recalled OoT as the last "oldest story" before SS, though. Believe it or not, but it really does mean something in context when Aonuma brings up OoT as the last time anything was the oldest rather than, say, the Four Swords series.
But he didn't say that OoT was the oldest story before SS. He just said that SS takes place before OoT, and he can't call it the first Zelda game in the timeline.

Are we talking about the same quote here? I'm talking about the one in Nintendo Power he made recently, not Official Nintendo Magazine.

I think we’ve talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time.

In this case, he's recounting the last time a story was the oldest in the overall Zelda timeline, which would be OoT. However, he explains that it is now SS which is first, and thus the oldest. When reconciled with the ONM interview, there's a possibility for new games (note: not existing games) to take place even before SS does.

Are we talking about the same quote here? I'm talking about the one in Nintendo Power he made recently, not Official Nintendo Magazine.

In this case, he's recounting the last time a story was the oldest in the overall Zelda timeline, which would be OoT. However, he explains that it is now SS which is first, and thus the oldest. When reconciled with the ONM interview, there's a possibility for new games (note: not existing games) to take place even before SS does.
Oops, yeah, we were talking about different quotes. Either way, he still doesn't say that OoT was first in the timeline before SS. Note that he says "sort of the oldest". And the last time he talked about a game being the earliest in the timeline, it wasn't OoT, it was FS. That was before TMC was made, of course. Also, although his words may hint at SS being the earliest game at the moment, he doesn't come out and confirm it. All that he really confirmed was that SS predates OoT. So it could be first, making the timeline be SS-TMC-FS/FSA-OoT, or it could be immediately before OoT, resulting in TMC-FS/FSA-SS-OoT. I think the placement will become more clear once the game's released.

I think we’ve talked with the media about this before, about Ocarina of Time being sort of the oldest story in the Zelda timeline, but, of course, in Ocarina of Time the Master Sword already exists, so it's obviously safe to say that this takes place before Ocarina of Time.
What he is really saying that OoT is believed to be the first Zelda game if ZSS is not included. He was carefuly enough to choose wording so that he does not confirm something that is likely false, even if it is right, he will not confirm it.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I am also confused as to why you put OoX as a direct sequel to FSA. I don't see how those two could be directly connected at all. Also, with the GBA ALTTP including the palace of the four sword I feel as though it's hard to come up with evidence for why FSA couldn't go before ALTTP. It's much smoother of a transition between games to put FSA before ALTTP as it makes sense based on the connections between the games of Ganondorf being sealed in the four sword and the in ALTTP he is released and there is a broken four sword in the game. Also, TP only really makes sense after MM as the events of TP are all a result of OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom