• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Conclusion to the Timeline

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Complete and utter Bais.

Before you go tossing around a theory like it's fact I'd advise that you stop to think about other theories such as the one where LoZ/AoL come on the adult timeline after TWW.
Impossible, for that to be true then you would also have to place ALttP and LA on the adult timeline too, which doesn't make sense at all, considering the great sea, now while there is land in Spirit Tracks, there is no indication that this is a new Hyrule other than a castle. It makes alot more sense for these games to go on the child timeline.
As for the quote you made by Aonuma. Back with OOT there was no split timeline, it was just one single timeline, the split timeline wasn't introduced until WW. Aonuma made it pretty clear WW was on a completely different timeline than everything else.

Q: Where does The Wind Waker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?
Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well.
Miyamoto: Well, wait, which point does the hundred years start from?
Aonuma: From the end.
Miyamoto: No, I mean, as a child or as a...
Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.
Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.

Last edited:
C

Colin Creevey

Aonuma made it pretty clear WW was on a completely different timeline than everything else.
No he did not. He said nothing of the sort.

timil retcarahc ytfif

Aonuma made it pretty clear WW was on a completely different timeline than everything else.
You must've gotten, and bolded, the wrong quote.

I don't even see what could even remotely imply in that quote you provided that games can't take place after TWW.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Impossible, for that to be true then you would also have to place ALttP and LA on the adult timeline too

Why?

why can't LoZ take place on the adult timeline and ALttP take place on the child one?

As for the quote you made by Aonuma. Back with OOT there was no split timeline, it was just one single timeline, the split timeline wasn't introduced until WW. Aonuma made it pretty clear WW was on a completely different timeline than everything else.

THE INTERVIEW WAS MADE IN 2008!!!

^There isn't really much proof for that except for a 1991 box...

And Dan Owsen, the old translator for NoA (he did LttP, LA, and OoT, IIRC), said himself that the box was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom