• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

My Conclusion to the Timeline

Zarom

The King
Ok. Now I'm not sure but I think that in WW, the Hyrule King says that to Link: ''you are the last link in the bloodline.'' And Ganondorf in OOT says to Link and Zelda: ''And when that day will come, that is when I will exterminate your descendants!''

So, my point is that I do think that Link and Zelda in WW are descendants of the originals in OOT. Otherwise, how could Tetra have kept a part of the ToW? And what about the fact that she is revealed by the Hyrule King to be Princess Zelda?

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
With all due respect, I don't understand exactly what you are trying to prove. However, if it helps, I think that when you first meet the KoRL, he says that you aren't a descendent of OoT Link. Also, on the second quest, I think that some of the dieties that you can now understand mention that you are not the Hero of Destiny or something like that.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Ok. Now I'm not sure but I think that in WW, the Hyrule King says that to Link: ''you are the last link in the bloodline.'' And Ganondorf in OOT says to Link and Zelda: ''And when that day will come, that is when I will exterminate your descendants!''

So, my point is that I do think that Link and Zelda in WW are descendants of the originals in OOT. Otherwise, how could Tetra have kept a part of the ToW? And what about the fact that she is revealed by the Hyrule King to be Princess Zelda?

With all due respect, I don't understand exactly what you are trying to prove. However, if it helps, I think that when you first meet the KoRL, he says that you aren't a descendent of OoT Link. Also, on the second quest, I think that some of the dieties that you can now understand mention that you are not the Hero of Destiny or something like that.

As Clucluclu said, Link is specifically referred to as NOT being the destined hero. They specifically say that he is NOT the hero of legends. Also, It's possible that Tetra is not Zelda at all and that she was just "chosen" to be the next princess Zelda. In PH Tetra says that she doesn't want to be called Zelda, which is a clear indication that refers being a pirate over being a princess. But it is most plausible that she is a descendant of the Royal Family in some way. The Zelda in ST looks exactly like WW Zelda so she must be a descendant of Tetra/Zelda.

^What the ****?

So I'M Baised because I corrected you in saying LoZ and AoL MIGHT take place on the adult timeline even though I admit they might work after TP?

untill you understand what bais ACTUALLY IS and realize that your timeline isn't thwe only one that works, I have nothing left to say to you.

Good day.

Biased.

Anyway,

I'm open to other ideas. But until it is proven fact I won't accept it. The majority of the games were left on the CT when the timeline split in 2003. WW, PH, and ST ARE THE ONLY GAMES TO BE SPECIFIED ON THE AT, thus leaving the other games on the CT.

Wind Waker was the ONLY game on the AT in 2003. When PH was released as a sequel to WW, it became the second game on the AT. And then ST followed suit. The Adult Timeline was basically used as a blank slate for the series. No plotholes, no confusing game order. Just, OoT--WW/PH--ST. TP was thrown in after MM, and the rest of the games on the CT (the rest of the games) are left up to decide where they go. The possibilities range.

While the rest of the games could go on the AT, it's not likely. There's far more evidence putting them on the CT than the AT.

Again, until I get a quote from Aonuma about the originals and what not going on the AT, I won't believe it.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Again, until I get a quote from Aonuma about the originals and what not going on the AT, I won't believe it.

This interveiw is from Edji Aonuma in 2008. Now stop *****ing and being biased. You're driving me up the wall.

NP: What was the impetus for creating the game’s multiple races–Gorons, Zoras, the Gerudo, Kokiri, etc.–and what was the process like for creating them?

EA: In creating a unique cast of characters, we thought it would be effective to have nonhuman races, each of them invested with different lifestyles and mannerisms. Almost from the beginning we had decided on Kokiri to live in the forests, Gorons to live in the mountains, and Zoras to live in the water.

At first we imagined the Zoras as monsters sort of like mermen who would be antagonists to humans. The original concept was strong. However, after we had decided Princess Ruto was going to be one of the sages, that image didn’t seem to fit anymore, so we changed them to be a friendly more like humans.

Each of the races has a character fated to become one of the sages later on. We named them after towns in The Adventure of Link so it would appear that the towns had been named after them. (In the world of Zelda, the events of Ocarina of Time occur before the events of The Adventure of Link.)

C

Colin Creevey

Tetra in WW WAS Zelda. She had a piece of the ToW after all and is identical to the princess shown in the castle.

Link was originally not believed to be the hero but in the end either the KORL was proven wrong or Link became the Hero after beating the Tower of the Gods and obtaining the Triforce of Courage.

@Hayzer: MM and TP are the only games to be specified in the CT. So what your point?

This interveiw is from Edji Aonuma in 2008. Now stop *****ing and being biased. You're driving me up the wall.

OoT happens on both timelines. So it makes sense that AoL would take place after OoT. ;)

@Hayzer: MM and TP are the only games to be specified in the CT. So what your point?

Hmm...good point. ;)

^This. I'm pretty sure I've said it in the past, too.

Why say it comes after the events of OoT when almost none of it (possibly NONE AT ALL of it depending on your views on the ending of OoT) takes place on the CT?

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Pinecove, I can see what your getting at, but if Link and Zelda leave Ganon alone, then that means he was never given the opportunity to place curses that prevent the sages from being awakened. Therefore, the sages should have awakened normally without Link having to defeat all the bosses.
And when Link is named by the KoRL as "The Hero of Winds", he is not saying that he is the destined hero. As made clear in the beginning of WW, Link's involvement in Ganon's plots was a mistake made by Helmaroc King in grabing Aryll in place of Tetra.​

C

Colin Creevey

awakened normally
Define this. Such a phenomenon has never been seen in the games
Link's involvement in Ganon's plots was a mistake made by Helmaroc King in grabing Aryll in place of Tetra.
The Hero is chosen by the goddesses. Whenever omnipotent beings are concerned, there are no coincidences. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Saria, Ruto, etc. would have realized their destiny to become a sage. Rauru was able to awaken without Ganon being evil or trying to take over Hyrule. Kapora Gaebora was able to awaken as a sage who knows how long ago without there being any known threat. There is no reason that the sages wouldn't have awakened because Ganon didn't have the Triforce. They would have awakened sooner on the AT if Ganon hadn't cursed the temples.
And there is nothing to back up your statement about the Gods not making mistakes

Pinecove

Last Chance
Pinecove, I can see what your getting at, but if Link and Zelda leave Ganon alone, then that means he was never given the opportunity to place curses that prevent the sages from being awakened. Therefore, the sages should have awakened normally without Link having to defeat all the bosses.

That's false. The sages wouldn't be awakened anyways because the ancient sages would STILL BE ALIVE!

C

Colin Creevey

And there is nothing to back up your statement about the Gods not making mistakes
I was under the impression the Goddesses were omnipotent and omniscient. That is merely my belief. I suppose that may not necessarily be the case. However, if you can create an entire world and bend the rules of reality to your will (which they did and can do) then you're pretty much omnipotent and omniscient.
Saria, Ruto, etc. would have realized their destiny to become a sage. Rauru was able to awaken without Ganon being evil or trying to take over Hyrule. Kapora Gaebora was able to awaken as a sage who knows how long ago without there being any known threat. There is no reason that the sages wouldn't have awakened because Ganon didn't have the Triforce. They would have awakened sooner on the AT if Ganon hadn't cursed the temples.
Why are we arguing about the sages again? What does it change if the sages were awakened or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom