• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Musical Instruments?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Hey, do any of you guys play musical instruments? If so, what instrument? For how long? What songs do you like to play? What are you learning right now?

I play the Piano, I've been playing since mid August some time. I love playing all sorts of music, right now my favourite song to play is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement

And I am currently learning Beethoven's Fur Elise

So, how about you?

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I play guitar and drums. I played the bass drum (like Imagine Dragons lol) my freshman year and then played the set for the other 3 years in high school band. But my favorite instrument and the one I'm best with is the guitar. On the electric guitar I play anything from Heavy Metal and Hard Rock to Soft Rock and Blues and Jazz. On the acoustic guitar (I primarily play a nylon string acoustic), I play almost exclusively Blues, especially Chicago and Delta Blues.

Something I would love to learn someday is how to play Spanish Classical guitar.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I play the drums, as in a full drum kit. I've been playing for about 6 years, and I've played everything from Heavy Metal and Punk to Soft Rock, Reggae, and Blues (not really Jazz though). My favourite stuff to play is older Progressive Rock, Rush in particular ("Tom Sawyer" comes to mind immediately, but there are others). I'm currently learning "YYZ," another Rush song.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I play the piano and harp, and I tried learning the ocarina once but it didn't really go anywhere... :P

I've kind of played the piano since kindergarten. To be fair, though, I quit in second grade, and didn't play at all until picking it up again in fifth or sixth grade. That was also the time that my mom became a piano teacher, so she helped me with anything that I wanted to learn. I only used the piano learning books for about a year before deciding that I really wanted to play video game music and since then played pretty much nothing but Zelda and a few other video game songs. I kind of stopped playing as often when I started up harp four years ago, however, and rarely play now. On the harp I've also figured out a few Zelda songs, but I mostly play the classical stuff that my teachers and I pick out from famous harp composers like Grandjany and Salzedo.

I play guitar and have written and recorded over 200 songs (23 albums), if anyone wants to listen I'd be happy to send a link

I have played oboe for 8 years. I played flute for 2 years in my high school marching band, and then was the drum major for 2 more years. I am currently working on an unaccompanied solo piece called Bach us from seven metamorphosis after ovid. These pieces were written after greek myths which I think is super cool!

Sheik

:the:
I play the drum set. I've been playing for over a year now, and I've learned the basics of a variety of genres and styles, from Punk Rock to Jazz.

I also own a piano and two acoustic guitars... don't really know how to play them, though. I know how to play some songs on piano, but I don't know how to play piano, if that makes sense.

fairyfountain

bros before poes
I play acoustic guitar (I'm actually pretty decent at it) and am still learning how to play the piano properly. I want to learn how to play the harp and violin but I just don't have the time or money for it sadly.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I've played the piano for the longest time, but I've been sort of drifting away from it ever since I've considered professionally singing. I love to sing as well, because vocal chords count as an instrument, right? lol

I took piano lessons as a child, but it never really clicked with me. Having to play both the treble and clef throws me off, even to this day.

I have a STL 12 hole ocarina that's easy to play. Though it'd be nice if it came with real sheet music.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I have played oboe for 8 years. I played flute for 2 years in my high school marching band, and then was the drum major for 2 more years. I am currently working on an unaccompanied solo piece called Bach us from seven metamorphosis after ovid. These pieces were written after greek myths which I think is super cool!

I love you.

As for me, I played flute in band class for 8 years. In my final two years of school I did mellophone (marching French horn) in marching band and French horn for my very last semester.

Currently I'm trying (emphasis on trying) to learn/teach myself guitar. This is maybe the 4th attempt over the years lol. Same deal with piano but I've given up on ever trying to learn piano at this point, I'm simply terrible at it.

I'm not very good with most reed instruments but I can make an okayish sound on a bassoon for someone who can't play reeds. I'm assuming that because I did mellophone I can now play all brass with a similar sized mouthpiece (like... if I had trumpet music (at my level) in front of me I'm sure I could pick my way through it well enough). I have tried (and failed) many times to make a sound on a tuba mouthpiece, they're way too big for me.

side note for no particular reason: my sister told me she wants to pick up the bagpipes someday soon.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hey, do any of you guys play musical instruments? If so, what instrument? For how long? What songs do you like to play? What are you learning right now?

I play the Piano, I've been playing since mid August some time. I love playing all sorts of music, right now my favourite song to play is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement

And I am currently learning Beethoven's Fur Elise

So, how about you?

I am also a pianist and I have been playing for 8-9 years. I have a music production synthesiser which can produce the sound of pretty much any instrument and record 16 layer tracks.
I enjoy playing orchestral music and soundtracks such as The Lord of the Rings but I also like to create electronic music so you could say I enjoy various different styles.

I call myself a retired clarinettist. It was an instrument I played for 5 years when I was younger but I haven't touched one for a long time.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I used to play piano, trumpet, and ocarina. I played piano for 14 years, trumpet for 8, and the ocarina for 3. I currently have no instruments in my home though I would like to get an Irish lap harp.

I mostly play classical and showtunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom