• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Most Thrilling Boss Battle?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Even though I view the Zelda series as bing weak in the boss department there has been a number of exceptions. What really makes a good boss fight though actually does come down to many aspects and it's sometimes hard to actually pin point what makes a great boss battle.

One aspect that I really enjoy in a boss battle is when you're so drawn in that the boss battle becomes intense and at the same time exiting. It's something that is hard to really explain, so I think best put I would call it "thrilling". So what do you think was the most thrilling boss in the series?

For me it would have had to been Argorok from Twilight Princess, this boss was just such an epic boss fight set on epic stage. The setting and stage alone could have made this boss fight but what really made it thrilling was the music and atmosphere it created and the rush to clawshot up the pillars. It wasn't an exceedingly difficult boss by any means but it was certainly one of the most thrilling in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganond from A Link to the Past is a pretty thrilling battle for me. It always feels like the culmination of my skills event hough it uses only three items (sword, lantern/fire rod, silver arrows). :)

For me it would have had to been Argorok from Twilight Princess, this boss was just such an epic boss fight set on epic stage. The setting and stage alone could have made this boss fight but what really mad it thrilling was the music and atmosphere it created and the rush to clawshot up the pillars. It wasn't an exceedingly difficult boss by any means but it was certainly one of the most thrilling in my opinion.

what that cool guy said.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Argorok bebe! You hookshot you're way up towers and peahats until you have a showdown with a fire-breating dragon in the sky. Epic. Seriously, I can't think of any time in the series when I've been more excited than when I first heard the victory music as I plummeted from the sky on Argoroks back. (You'd think that fall would've squashed Link.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't get the big deal about Argorok. He looks cool... and that's about it. The whole thing consists of dragging him to the ground with an easily-placed Clawshot grapple, instantly damaging him, followed by slowly Clawshotting around to wail away on a weak point a few times, all to some extremely unfitting music. Epic as he may look, the gameplay mechanics are a yawn fest.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to go with the general boss lineups of Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword. They're all heavily diverse in how they must be approached, and they test what you've learned up to that point to the fullest extent, especially their multi-phase final bosses. It's pretty hard to come across bosses in gaming that match the caliber of these two games', much less outdo them.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't get the big deal about Argorok.

^ Same. It was a unique boss, but the battle wasn't close to thrilling. Any "thrilling" part, if anything, was climbing the pillars to reach the top to escape his flames.

I find most final boss battles to be thrilling. Just the realization that this is finally it. That I've come far and wide and now it's time to demolish evil. It's very thrilling imo.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
The Imprisoned battles in SS were all pretty thrilling. Like a kind of OH-MY-GOD-HE'S-ALMOST-AT-THE-TOP-THE-MUSIC-IS-CHANGING-I'M-ALMOST-DEAD-I-CAN'T-GET-HIS-TOES-I-HATE-SHOCKWAVES-AND-THESE-BATTLES kind of way.

But Stallord and Argorok were very thrilling bosses for me too.

The Imprisoned battles in SS were all pretty thrilling. Like a kind of OH-MY-GOD-HE'S-ALMOST-AT-THE-TOP-THE-MUSIC-IS-CHANGING-I'M-ALMOST-DEAD-I-CAN'T-GET-HIS-TOES-I-HATE-SHOCKWAVES-AND-THESE-BATTLES kind of way.

But Stallord and Argorok were very thrilling bosses for me too.

Yeah, the imprisoned bosses were kinda let downs IMO. But maybe I'm saying that cause they looked so big and badass yet were easy to take down.

Definitely has to be Koloktos for me.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I found the 3rd Imprisoned to be thrilling towards the end...but there was never really a threat of him reaching the top in his other forms.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I didn't like the imprisoned. It was a tedious and difficult battle; the first time. Honestly he does look cool. The idea of trying to stop him from escaping a spiraling pit is also good in theory, what's not cool is a long and tedious fight that lacks originality or any real sense of scale due the bad camera work. You simply lack the sense of size and terror that a boss like The Imprisoned should have had.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
3 minutes is long? Bad camera work? What are you even talking about?

Speaking for a personal experience here, the camera loved to pan in all the wrong areas when fighting Imprisoned I, for me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom