• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most Anticipated 2012 3DS Game

What is the 2012 3DS game you're most excited about?

• Resident Evil: Revelations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D

• Crush 3D

• Shinobi

• Tekken 3D Prime Edition

• Luigi's Mansion 2

• Paper Martio 3D

• Animal Crossing 3D

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm choosing Luigi's Mansion 2, because Paper Mario 3DS isn't supposed to be up there. I loved the first Luigi's Mansion, and this one looks even better.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Resident Evil Revelations(in cool traditional voice) This is my most anticipated 3DS game for 2012. This game is truly showing what the 3DS can handle. Resident Evil nuff said. I probably like Resident Evil more then Zelda.:O Yeah, do something. My second most anticipated would be Luigi's Mansion 2. It's seriously about damn time. This game looks great.

Last edited:
Resident Evil: Revelations. I've noticed that RE seems to be appearing on a lot of Nintendo consoles. It's still awesome.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Resident Evil Revelations, but I noticed that Kingdom Hearts 3D isn't up there :/

Well, I'm a huge Resident Evil fan (well, not huge...but I've played every game in the series at least once besides Gaiden and the Dead Aim/Survivor series) and, having played through RE4 and RE5, I'd love to know what happened just after the BSAA was formed. Also, the graphics look amazing for the 3DS, and knowing that it is on a Nintendo console, the quality of the game surely won't suffer at all. :D

Resident Evil: Revelations

I'm not too much of a fan of the Resident Evil series. You may call this a prejudice because I've never played one of the games, but the series just doesn't appeal to me. It seems too dark for my liking.

Anticipation Factor: 5/10

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

This game looks very cool. The graphics look great, and the short bit of gameplay we've seen looks pretty fun.

Anticipation Factor: 8/10

Crush 3D

Never heard of it.

Anticipation Factor: N/A

Shinobi

Never heard of it.

Anticipation Factor: N/A

Tekken 3D Prime Edition

I've heard of the Tekken series before, but it doesn't seem to different from the Street Fighter or Super Smash Bros. series. I already have Super Street Fighter IV 3D, and a new Super Smash Bros. is likely to hit shelves 2012 or 2013, so this doesn't peak my interest.

Anticipation Factor: 4/10

Luigi's Mansion 2

I loved the original Luigi's Mansion for the GameCube. It was somewhat simple, but also very fun. Finally being able to play as Luigi was terrific. Luigi's Mansion 2 will improve upon it even more with better or the same graphics, nonetheless in 3D, gameplay translated to a portable system, and multiple mansions to explore. This will be one of the 3DS's marguee games next year, and rightfully so. I can't wait to buy this one.

Anticipation Factor: 10/10

Paper Mario 3D

I've only played one game in the Paper Mario series, and that was Super Paper Mario for the Wii. It was a great game. Puzzle-solving by switching dimensions was unheard of, intuitive, and just a blast. I've played a demo of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door as well. Paper Mario 3D looks to combine key elements from its predecessors to give us one heck of a game. It may be overshadowed by Super Mario 3D Land, but it won't be forgotten by us (Paper) Mario fans.

Anticipation Factor: 9/10

Animal Crossing 3D

This goes back to my first analysis of Resident Evil: Revelations. I'm not too much of an Animal Crossing fan, nor have I ever played it. It looks a little too simple. Maybe one day, like Resident Evil, I'll give it a go, but for now I'll have to pass on it for games I know I'll love.

Anticipation Factor: 5/10

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not exactly hyped for that Shinobi game. I've played Shinobi (PS2) and have done everything EXCEPT beat the final boss (I got him so close though!!), then I heard about Nightshade which I haven't played...but it seems like this Shinobi3D will destroy some of the awesome concepts that Shinobi (PS2) brought such as the stealth, amazing combat, and the like. Plus, what has happened to Hotsuma and Akujiki?! >.>

MGS Snake Eater 3D looks amazing. I haven't played Snake Eater, but I heard it was a great game. Having played Twin Snakes and reading several reviews citing MGS4 was the single best game of the PS3, I have high hopes for that game though I'm not nearly as hyped for MGS3D as I am Revelations and KH3D.

This isn't really a bashing thread, but HoT you can't say the series doesn't appeal to you if you haven't played at least one of their games. That's exactly how people come to like/hate things, they have this initial thought about something but then it gets betrayed/empowered by their actually trying the product. You're free to your opinion, of course, but I just had to get that out.

VanitasXII said:
This isn't really a bashing thread, but HoT you can't say the series doesn't appeal to you if you haven't played at least one of their games. That's exactly how people come to like/hate things, they have this initial thought about something but then it gets betrayed/empowered by their actually trying the product. You're free to your opinion, of course, but I just had to get that out.

Appeal means an attraction or interest. The two series that I said don't appeal are Resident Evil and Animal Crossing. They truly don't interest me. I've read a couple of reviews, previews, and I've seen some trailers and screenshots, so I'm not stating an opinion without information on the topic. I'm not trying to diss those game series at all. They just don't seem like the types of games I would enjoy. Perhaps one day I'll try them out, maybe I'll love them, maybe I'll hate them. I can usually tell, though.

This thread is about anticipation, and they don't appeal to me. Therefore, I have little anticipation for them. It's as simple as that.

I hope that didn't come across as an angry retaliation. It was only meant to defend my original statements.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam

I'm sorry to get off topic guys. But It's okay to say that something doesn't appeal to you. Trying a product is taking it to a new level. Why do you try products anyway? Because of the appeal. Here's a poor example but if it gets my point across then whateves. Guys don't appeal to me, but that doesn't mean I got to go try one to see If I truly like guys or not. Girls appeal to me, therefore I want to try them out. It's about personal taste.

Last edited:

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Luigi's Mansion is a must have for me. I loved the original and can't wait to see the sequel. I am also really anticipating Crush3d, it's like an extreme version of Super Paper Mario. the only thing that bothers me is the cover artwork, it is not the artwork you put on a game if you want it to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom