• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

More Spirit Tracks Information

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Some more Spirit Tracks information is now available courtesy of a forum user at NewGAF. According to the user zigg, the following information was revealed in the upcoming Nintendo Power magazine, which featured Spirit Tracks.

---You'll first control Zelda while sneaking her out of the castle. She follows you normally, but you can tell her to stay put by tapping an icon, then tapping another to tell her to catch up when the coast is clear. You can also draw a path for her to follow, then distract the guards as she passes by by talking to them or throwing rocks at them.
The "big, bad, super-duper evil" that needs Zelda's body is "apparently not Ganon."
---Anjean "claims to have known Zelda's ancestors." (Wink, wink.)
---The tower doesn't require you to revisit floors, but you can to get access to secrets you may have missed. I'm hoping they use this to lock away unobtainable treasure until you've acquired more items, much like various floors in the Temple of the Ocean King did.)
---The Phantoms, "who are supposed to protect the tower from evil, have gone haywire".
---Zelda can't inhabit a Phantom until you (a) get the three Tears of Light in an area, and (b) strike it from behind with your sword.
---As the game advances, Zelda will gain the ability to transfer her spirit from one Phantom to another.
---You aren't completely free to choose your route with the train; but you will have to watch the upper screen map to see where enemy trains are headed, and switch off to other tracks to avoid collisions.
---There are four dungeons that connect to the Tower of Spirits. The first one, "Forest Temple," has no Phantoms, but Zelda is still with you in a Navi-like fashion.
---Getting to the Forest Temple et al. involves visiting various villages and other locations which in turn gains you access to new areas.
---There are six slots for items in Link's inventory.
---"Odds and ends" treasures like wooden hearts and dragon scales tie into sidequests.
---The Forest Temple's Master Key that leads to the boss must be carried along a safe route lest you get grabbed by Wallmasters. Apparently you will have to note this route on your map at some point?

That is quite a lot of information to take in. Most notable to me, is the Tears of Light reference. Is this just a coincidence or is there actually a relationship between Spirit Tracks and the tears of light from Twilight Princess? Considering the two games are commonly viewed to be in two separate timelines, after the split in Ocarina of Time, this is a bit strange to me. Perhaps it is just purely a coincidence... If so, Nintendo, couldn't you have chosen a different name?

Anjean knowing Zelda's ancestors and the fact that Anjean is incredibly old, could in fact mean that Anjean was actually in the Wind Waker or Phantom Hourglass.

Hopefully we will be able to get our hands on some scans in the next few days to confirm all this information as well as to get new information about the game. Spirit Tracks is set to release on December 7th, less than 4 weeks from today.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Or maybe Anjean didn't know them at all, and just said that to get close in order to attack Zelda.. kinda taking the whole Ganondorf in OoT route, get close to the Royal Family and attack while they aren't looking. Thats just what I got from it, it could go either way? Unless I missed something and we already know the name of the evil.

But anywho... it sounds great to me.. though I've never heard any Zelda info that didn't sound great. ^_^

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I still have a feeling that Anjean is Tetra. The haircut, the wink... Seems a bit odd. Who knows what happened to her after the events of PH? This wouldn't be the first time Zelda has taken on another form, both with Sheik and Tetra.

As for the Tears of Light, that does seem odd to use the same name, but perhaps this is the form they took on the other side of the timeline? Kind of like a mirror universe of the TP ones. Just a thought.

I am absolutely loving the way ST is sounding. Is anyone else getting a TMC and MM vibe from it? The four main dungeons thing (which I speculated would happen) really gives me a feeling of TMC and MM. I wonder if they're implying that some of the other three dungeons will have Phantoms, since they only said the Forest Temple doesn't have Phantoms.

A yay for the return of Wallmasters! Even though I have horrible memories of them from various games, I love them. They add a sense of urgency to me, like I need to hurry up and go fast or else I'll have to start all over.

And the six items I think further implies four dungeons total to me. If we get two items outside of the the dungeons, that leaves four slots for in dungeon items. Or, if we get one item inside the Spirit Tower, four inside dungeons, that leaves one slot for an item outside of dungeons. I wonder if the Spirit Pipes will take up a slot. I doubt it, because PH had 7 item slots, so I think they might have just replaced one of the slots with the Spirit Pipes, but we'll find out.

Overall, ST is sounding like it's going to be a great game! I am extremely looking forward to December 7th.

So I have to collect 3 Tears of Light in every area before I can even put Zelda in a Phantom.

That's going to be obnoxious too, I know it is.

Tak

Game Over
I'm getting a Strong Vibe that Anjean is somehow related to Tetra.
The wink, the Hairstyle? The link is obvious.
In my opinion, she could be Tetra's daughter. But that is just speculation.

The point about the Demon King not being Ganondorf clears alot of things up, but that doesnt clear up the fact that the Demon King train strongly resembles Ganondorf.

This is very interesting, I must say.

The more I hear about this game, the more similarities to Twilight Princess I'm seeing. Creatures that appear to be Bulblins and Bullbos... Tears of Light. I'm finding this very intriguing. Yes, they're on separate timelines but that doesn't mean that creatures or elements of the world didn't exist in both. I don't really believe the Light Spirits in TP could have popped up in the time between OoT and TP; they would've had to have been there in OoT and before it as well, in my opinion. I also just like the idea of seeing what have so far been TP-only elements put into the "toon" style. Artistically, it's interesting.

But what I find really intriguing is the prospect of a potential link between WW, PH and ST, and TP. It would be weird if they did that, especially because they'd have to contradict themselves and deny the timeline split, but in a way I'd kind of like it because I've always felt it would be better without the split. Or maybe they're just throwing in TP elements for the hell of it. We'll have to see. I'm nonetheless increasingly more excited with each scrap of news we get. :D

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Or maybe Anjean didn't know them at all, and just said that to get close in order to attack Zelda.. kinda taking the whole Ganondorf in OoT route, get close to the Royal Family and attack while they aren't looking. Thats just what I got from it, it could go either way? Unless I missed something and we already know the name of the evil.

But anywho... it sounds great to me.. though I've never heard any Zelda info that didn't sound great. ^_^

True but we do know that Anjean is the Sage of the Spirit Temple (which so far reminds me somewhat of the Spirit Temple) so I doubt that she would be going against the Royal Family of New Hyrule. As for the statement that Anjean knows Zelda's ancestors, and the wink it seems guarunteed that Anjean is somehow Tetra. After all we don't know what happened to Tetra after PH other than that she and Link found the land that became New Hyrule. Although then again it seems that she might be a Locomos (those people which teach Link new Spirit Pipes songs) she because she definately isn't Hylian/Human (however she may have been magically altered like what I think happened to the Kokiri and Rito between OoT and WW).

As for the Tears I definately see a possible link (no pun intended) between Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks. However it might be the same thing as it was with FSA and PH and the Force Gems (to my knowledge they're unrelated). I'm about 999,999,999,999,999.9999999999999% sure they are related. First of all I'm 999,999,999,999,999.9999999999999% sure the events causing the Twilight Realm and the Twili to come about happened before the split. Second the Tears in both games seem to be powerful objects (in TP allowing you to cast back the Twilight and in ST apparently allowing you to injure Phantoms). This may possibly propose that the main antagonist is from the Twilight Realm (however not necessarily). But that's just me making some random speculation.

This game is getting better and better every few days. :) I really like the tears of light idea that they are bringing back, as well as a brand new instrament. The ONLY thing that I will not like about this game is the lack of dungeons. Having more dungeons seems to add a stronger story, and a longer game. I dont really mind having only 6 items. The only way that I would like that is if they are all new, or almost all new items.

I dont think this has been reveled yet, but do we know if there is heart pieces or heart containers yet?

I dont think this has been reveled yet, but do we know if there is heart pieces or heart containers yet?

This isn't very credible proof, and I say take it with a grain of salt, but the summary for Prima's official ST guide says "All heart pieces revealed: Every heart piece will be detailed so you won't miss a single one." while for PH, the summary said "Legendary checklists for every treasure chest, ship part, Spirit Gem, Heart Container, treasure map, sunken treasure, and more."

It's up to you if you want to trust Prima or not. Personally, I don't really trust it, but it's the closest thing we have to a confirmation of Heart Pieces that I know of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom