• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna- One Time Thing or Continous Character?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Well, if there is a sequel to TP, Midna will hopefully be in the game. If she wasn't what else would we do. I don't think we'd see her again if it was another game like OoT without the Twilight realm, beacause without the Twilight Realm, who is Midna?

L

Link_IshSexy

I think that Nintendo kind of wanted Midna to be the main Princess character in Twilight Princess,and was that really such a bad thing?
We got one of the best developed characters in the Zelda series out of the deal.

I never really liked Zelda in Twilight Princess...She didn't really have much of a personality. But I guess I'd be pretty pissed if my entire castle was being taken over by some jackass....

Midna just seemed to be important in this game like Zelda was in all the others. Midna had a bigger role, did it well, and I really wouldn't mind seeing her again. But I won't throw a hissy if she's not. I just hope that our favorite character have a bigger and even better personality in the next.

Is that wrong?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I would love for Midna to return (me being a Midna fan), but at the same time, I would understand if they (being Nintendo and/or Shigeru Miyamoto) didn't want or feel like she needed to come back.

Although if there was a chance for her to come back, I would love for her to be an important character in the story like she was in Twilight Princess.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Zelda has a knack for kicking characters like Midna to the curb.
Just look at Link's other sidekick-like characters, they were only in one game and never seen again, not only that but as most people have said it would ruin the ending to TP.
About a Midna game though, I think that would be a neat idea for a spin-off, but the only way I could see that happening is if it took place in the twilight realm.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Midna as a recurring character is something I wouldn't want to see. I loved Midna, she was one of the best characters this series has ever seen, but the storyline says that she can never be in contact with the real world again. Granted, they can write something in, throw in a few rips in the space/time continuum and give her some screen time, but she was too great of a character in Twilight Princess that I don't think another role would do her previous appearance justice.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Like everyone else here, I did like Midna a lot as a character, but it seems unlikely that her re-occurrence will fit with the story. However, I will say that they could make a story in which her appearance fits.

Perhaps the most likely reappearance of her is in a flashback, like the one in Majora's Mask where Link remembers Zelda and the Song of Time. This would only work in a direct sequel to Twilight Princess.

Another possible way of seeing her again is time travel, but I don't see that returning to Zelda any time soon. Time travel in Zelda seems like it should be something specific to the Hero of Time, relating to his title.

The last possible way for us to see Midna herself is for, in the story, another way into the Twilight Realm to be revealed or opened. This could very well happen in the same game as the flashback involving Midna. When Link and Midna meet again in this situation, we would see her in her original(story-wise) form, not the imp form that she's well known as.

I also know another thing that could and very well might happen: another character with similar design to Midna could appear. This character could be similar to either form and perhaps also have a similar personality or voice, or maybe just the latter and not the former.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I would love Midna in the game it's just if there is no Twilight realm how will she come back??? But I hope she does she was one of the best characters ever. But I would be mad if shes not in it, I think that white girl in the cover from the picture that was given could be like a counter or Midna like the Light Relm or the Spirt of the Master Sword.
Anyways back on topic, I think its a one time thing unless like I said that character in the cover is like a Light Relm Princess then Midna could come back and like the two worlds mix together or something but who knows.

A

AeroCanyon

:)I hope Midna returns, she was a fun character.Who knows? The twilight realm could be in danger and Midna could ask for link's help.The only problem is, Midna broke the mirror of twilight (what was the point of that? I know she wanted to prove her leadership, but I thought she'd want to see Link again). Still, there could be another way back to the world of light.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I definitely do not think that Midna herself will return. Why? The ending was pretty much a closed case. Midna did her thing, and in the end, she chose to protect both worlds by shattering that mirror. Bringing her back would more than likely trample all over her sacrifice.

Something like the Twilight Realm being in danger.... probably not likely. Ganon is no longer there, and the realm has been cleansed of evil. They will probably thrive and live in peace unless the sages banish somebody else there... which is doubtful unless they are crazy levels of evil. In fact, bringing back the Twilight Realm period is probably not a good idea, as it wouldn't be heading in the direction of originality. We had our Twilight adventure, let's move on to something new.

I do think that a character that fits into the category of Tsundere will be in another game. Miyamoto and Aonuma both stated that they like those kinds of women... in fact, Tetra was similar to Midna in tsundere (basically, starting out sour to sweet, but you can Google it), so it's very easy to believe that a similar character will emerge...most likely another female character.

I highly doubt that Midna will make an appearance or get a mention in a game unless it is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess with the same Link, I highly doubt she will be mentioned to a different Link unless it is a furture Zelda set a few decades or centuries after Twilight Princess and it is a artifact telling the story of her, Her race, Zant and Link.

To be honest I would really like it if Midna made a reappearance as a small part of the Story or even she is a main character out of the game, This is unlikely though as she is most likely going to be a One Time character for the most part.

P

Pyroco101

I'm thinking that if Midna was in another LoZ game, that they would grow on the twilight realm as an entire kingdom. I'd say 5-10 after the events of TP, Collin is a teenager who is ready to have his own adventures. The Skull Kid (or some original hoodlum) resurrects or prematurely incarnates Gannondorf (probably w/ some forgotten Twili beast/ magic). Collin witnesses some part of said ressurection and gets caught in the middle. Said hoodlum gains a secondary power from G'dorf, but so does Collin, who gets sent to the Twilight Realm by the hoodlum. (or G'dorf) He stumbles onto the main Twili castle, maybe as part of a starter temple, and finds Midna, who, at first, thinks hes Link because of the Hero's Tunic that Link would pass down to Collin. Midna trains on his new Twili powers and the main game ensues.

Whaddya think?

P

Pkmnruler13

Midna was a cool character and all, but we'll have to wait and see if she'll come back.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Don't get me wrong, I really liked Midna, but I don't want to see her back.
Getting her back would be as getting Majora back: high chances of ruining characters that are awesome.

Even though that, regarding Midna, Aonouma played a little of fan-service listener and said:

"Because of the way Twilight Princess ended, I don’t see her making a reappearance, but who knows? If we hear enough voices for her to come back, how can we not?"

I'm thinking that if Midna was in another LoZ game, that they would grow on the twilight realm as an entire kingdom. I'd say 5-10 after the events of TP, Collin is a teenager who is ready to have his own adventures. The Skull Kid (or some original hoodlum) resurrects or prematurely incarnates Gannondorf (probably w/ some forgotten Twili beast/ magic). Collin witnesses some part of said ressurection and gets caught in the middle. Said hoodlum gains a secondary power from G'dorf, but so does Collin, who gets sent to the Twilight Realm by the hoodlum. (or G'dorf) He stumbles onto the main Twili castle, maybe as part of a starter temple, and finds Midna, who, at first, thinks hes Link because of the Hero's Tunic that Link would pass down to Collin. Midna trains on his new Twili powers and the main game ensues.

Whaddya think?

I think playing a Zelda game where the main character is Colin would annoy me and out me off buying the game completly, That would also mean that the guy that teaches Link his Hidden Powers in TP for Colin would be Link but that wouldn't make sense if he was as Link succeeds where the guy for Link failed so he can't rest until all 7 hidden powers are passed down to Link.

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
I don't think that she will be a main character again, but we could meet her again in the Twilight Realm.
I think she would be like OoT sages, a character to help at some moment of the game.
With all those fans claiming her return, I think Nintendo won't have the choice, she will probably be in a next game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom