• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Midna- One Time Thing or Continous Character?

If that was true, why couldn't Ganondorf just use his powers to get out of the Twilight Realm in the first place. My guess is there probably is another way between the Twilight Realm and Hyrule, that only Twili can access. Much like the wall of twilight that Link could only get into with assistance from a Twili creature.

The reason why Ganondorf could not escape the Twilight Realm was because he was injured and near death (being kept alive by the Triforce of Power)when he was in the Twilight Realm.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
I don't see why Midna can't have a cameo in a future Zelda game, but it wouldn't make sense for her to be the focus of another Zelda. Honestly, I was disappointed with Zelda's small role in TP. I think they should put the focus back on her for the next one.

I don't see why Midna can't have a cameo in a future Zelda game, but it wouldn't make sense for her to be the focus of another Zelda. Honestly, I was disappointed with Zelda's small role in TP. I think they should put the focus back on her for the next one.

I was glad that Zelda did not have as big a role in Twilight Princess.
It was a nice change of pace for the characters,and for the Zelda series for the focus to be less on Zelda every now and then.

Kazumi

chagy
Personally, I was quite annoyed with Midna. I think she really stole Zelda's role, like Mike said. Zelda was almost like a little unimportant cameo, and Midna took the role of Link's princess. That annoyed me. I also agree that the camera should again be focused on Zelda in the next game, and Midna should not return.

Aside from that, Midna really did make an epic exit at the end of TP. Although, I believe Nintendo left it open for here to come back. Midna said "See you around" or "See you later" or something like that, I think Nintendo was, and still may be, really unsure about Midna, and if they want her to return.

Personally, I was quite annoyed with Midna. I think she really stole Zelda's role, like Mike said. Zelda was almost like a little unimportant cameo, and Midna took the role of Link's princess. That annoyed me. I also agree that the camera should again be focused on Zelda in the next game, and Midna should not return.

Aside from that, Midna really did make an epic exit at the end of TP. Although, I believe Nintendo left it open for here to come back. Midna said "See you around" or "See you later" or something like that, I think Nintendo was, and still may be, really unsure about Midna, and if they want her to return.

I think that Nintendo kind of wanted Midna to be the main Princess character in Twilight Princess,and was that really such a bad thing?
We got one of the best developed characters in the Zelda series out of the deal.

Kybyrian

Going against a lot of the other opinions stated in this thread I have to say that I didn't like Midna and I really don't care if she's in another game. But onto the real point of the thread. I don't actually think Midna will be in any other games, and I think she was just a one time deal.

M

Myungster

I never really liked Midna...

But I suppose it would be nice if she was in another version.
Maybe not as important, though...

A

Aerialjade

I like Midna. She had a distinct personality and background more than all of Link's other sidekicks but I don't think she should return.
If she did make a comeback, that would really limit the story plot extent. It would probably need to have something related to the Twilight Realm and all that jazz, and the game would more likely than not need to be sequel to Twilight Princess - I'm sure many of you guys would rather not have that happen.

But they could just make her a reincarnation much like Link, Zelda and Ganondorf usually are... if Midna does return I hope she isn't the star again. I would like it better if she just made a cameo appearance.

I'm sure the Zelda team could easily work their way around the obstacles if they wanted and make it work but Midna is probably better as a one time character. She's played her role, and she went back to the Twilight Realm; it's best she stays there for a while.

As everyone else is saying, the ending of TP was pretty final.
Let's let Zelda have a larger role this time.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I loved Midna, with her sass and her whole mysterious persona, but I would not want her back. Me, Haley, as a person would love to have her back but it would seem better for the series if she stayed in the Dark Realm safe and sound. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's just me :p

I loved the ending of tp, i cried.
I'm such a baby :D

B

Briles101

I believe that midna was one of the greatest characters that help you unlike tatl and navi. Yet as annoying as the 2 fairies were they were never brought back. Navi never even continued with link to his next journey in termina after Oot. So i strongly doubt they would bring midna back.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
As everyone else here has said, with the way the story ended, Midna should be a one-shot. There are possible ways for her to come back, but that wouldn't really make any sense, and it would be like they're milking the character for all she's worth.

As everyone else here has said, with the way the story ended, Midna should be a one-shot. There are possible ways for her to come back, but that wouldn't really make any sense, and it would be like they're milking the character for all she's worth.

When has milking something ever stopped Nintendo?
I mean look at how much they milked Tingle.

I do not think that Midna will ever come back. Sure, she was a "differnt character" in a way. She had a way with words and was cruel and kinda nice at times. The reason i dont think she will come back is quite simple. At the end of Twilight Princess, she went to the Twilight Realm and the mirror Shatered making no way to go back and forth. So She probably will not ever come back, but very well could.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I dont think Midna will return. Its not that I dont think she COULD come back. Its just that the game (in my opinion) does not leave anything open for her. It seems like.. well.. like the others said.. like she is gone for good. It could work in a sequel to TP but I personally hope they dont make one.

Unless they had a direct sequel to Twilight Princess, I don't see her ever coming back or ever appearing on screen again. Like others have said, the ending of TP pretty much summed everything up. If she was seen as a "sidekick" in another game, I think it would be a little strange and awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom