• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Medallions or Hidden Skills

M

MasterSword

In ALttP there were three Medallions: Ether, Bombos and Quake, and in TP there were, I think, ten Hidden Skills. My question is which (if either) of these two items would you like to see in the new Zelda game for Wii? Or you can make something new and unique and post it on the forums.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I prefer the hidden skills. However, if they were to bring this back, I would not want them to do it the way they did in TP, but in MC. I loved trying to find all the different 'Sword Masters' who would upgrade your skills. Although there were on 7 Tiger scrolls, there were several more upgrades and such, E.G Peril Beam, Great Spin.

I think if they were to have this in a new game though, I'd like to see it kinda crossed with the PH style. I loved in PH where you have that epic trading quest just for the Great Spin Attack, however I was very disappointed that there was only on hidden skills. So, in a future Zelda, I'd like LOTS and make the hard to get aswell :D.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
i would also like to see some kind of combination of both especially with really nice visuals like they did for Link's magic abilities in OoT. i think it is fitting or Link to be able to use magic even if its just a small amount, he IS one of the chosen after all and the others can use magic... and a good amount of magic at that.

and i thinkg that definitely adding a little magic to his moves could give the players a little more variety with their own unique fighting styles.

I would prefer to see more Hidden Skills, I liked the Idea that Link was being helped by a past warrior like himself who had failed in his attempts to stop Ganondorf (I think Ganondorf anyway), If they did something similar to this I would be happy to see this, Just not the hidious sounding Wolf howling :dry:.

The thought of Medallions is pretty cool but I still prefer the idea of Link having Hidden Skills.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I would like to see both in one game, actually. The Hidden Skills are always fun to master and use, and they're pretty helpful.

Medallions would also be pretty cool, if they were used the same way they were in A Link to the Past. I always found those to be very entertaining. I don't know how well they would transition into 3D though. I suppose if they were something like the Goddess... diamond... things, from Ocarina of Time, that would work.

I'd love to see the medallions make a return in 3D. The Hidden Skills were great, but I think they'd get old if they were featured twice in a row. The medallions would be fresh with their transition to 3D, and it would be even cooler if they used the exact same ones from ALttP with the same exact effects. Not to mention they could put in more than just those three with entirely different effects and uses.

Darknut

time to panic
I think it would be awesome, the Medallions in 3D. If you've ever played Mario Super Strikers or whatever, well when you go all slow-mo because you got a charge shot. It could be like that, with the back round turning black, Link jumping up, then striking his sword into the ground as the rumbles for quake. For bombos it would be the same thing, but Link does a spin attack as eruptions explode from the ground. For ether Link would raise his sword as black clouds spiral in the air, then lightning comes down hitting Links sword and goes down into Link as it also shoots put from his body freezing all the enemies...It'd be soooooooo awesooooome.

I think that the medallions should come back and the hidden skills too. I would want the medallions to have a fourth and a few replacements of the hidden moves.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'm a bit torn. I liked the Hidden Skills becasue they were realistic - they fit with a semi-realistic game. They're solid, physical skills that a very skilled swordsman can master, so they fit with the "grit" of TP.

Yet, I HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THE MEDALLIONS! A Link to the Past's Medallions were awesome - calling down explosions, lightning, calling up earthquakes... they were just powerful fanf so, so much fun. I loved Bombos, best, I think. Fire! Explosions! Whee! Seeing them in 3D would be absolutely wonderful.

I think, in a future game, since they haven't been trotted out for a while, I'd like to see the magic Medallions.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I don't think using the hidden skills twice in a row would be dull as Vergo said. Simply because they would be used in a different way. My favourite was the way they were incorporated in MC. There were so many different swords masters, and some were really hard to find. That was AWESOME! I loved all the upgrades and secret trainers. SOOOO many Swiftblades. I want to see this happen again. Loads of different people to train Link. Tiger scrolls obtained through outrageous, long, sidequests. That's what I want to see! :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom