• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Main Villain in SS?

Main villain?

• Demise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Girahim

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I'd say Ghirahim. My favourite Zelda villian ever may I add. :) Here is hoping he somehow makes it into another Zelda game. Please Nintendo continue not using logic and bring him back!

main villain would be Demise, but the main protagonist would be Ghirahim.
I think you mean antagonist. Link is the protagonist.
At least they tell you about Demise beforehand, instead of just throwing him out there at the very end like some RPGs do.

The main antagonist IS Demise, because...well...he is. This was even shown in the game. Lord Ghirahim served as secondary antagonist; his role was to basically instigate the final fight between Link and the main antagonist Demise. There is no other way to put it.

Technically speaking Demise is the main antagonist. But Ghirahim was a way better character overall and this made me wonder why Nintendo didn't let Ghirahim be the main antagonist.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Even though Ghirahim was better and was in more of the game than the Demise Demise is still the main villain. It's just like Twilight Princess. Zant was in more of the game and yet Ganondorf is still the main villain.

Considering that Ghirahim was the one who planned on everything and was one who moved the plot, I consider him to be the main villain of Skyward Sword. Demise is basically imprisoned for most of the game and doesn't seems to commanding Ghirahim in any sort of way. So he's the bigger bad of Skyward Sword, but Ghirahim is the one who is the mastermind.

Ghirahim himself said he was a weapon, but he had a bigger role than Demise. Demise might be the main villain in a lot of the other games in the series, but Ghirahim is the main villain in SS, IMO.

If all Demise did was pop up at the end, then Ghirahim would be the main villain, but the story directly makes Demise's destruction your ultimate goal. Therefore placing him as the primary target and main objective. As far as I'm concerned, Ghirahim is a mere device for Demise's reign, a tool. Not quite the same as Zant, mind you, as Zant didn't know what was going on. Ghirahim knew his goal and did everything necessary to achieve it.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I really liked what they did at the end of SS, I never figured Ghirahim to be a sword, though they were practically screaming at us w/ his appearance. (compare Ghirahims apperance w/ Fi's)
So I'm not really sure who would be the main villain. I thought of Ghirahim as the villain, but Demise was the boss... I'd probably lean more toward Ghirahim on this one.

It's basically a Zant/Ganondorf situation. Ghirahim obviously had the bigger role, and the most dialogue, and the most chemistry with Link. So I would class Ghirahim as the MAIN villain, but the REAL villain is Demise. Depends how you look at it. From a gamer's point of view, Ghirahim is the main villain. But in the zelda universe, Demise is.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
It's neither of them! It's actually everything keeping Link from Zelda that acts as the Antagonist in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom