• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Magic Sword?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
What ever happened to, when you have full hearts, your sword sends out a beam of magic that is way more effective then just any hit. That would've been perfect in Ocarina of Time.

Your opinion?

A

Asme

It would probably be overpowered in 3D (check out fierce diety link in MM) and break the game =/. Would have been a nice addition if they could have balanced it out thou.

CZG

It was intended to be in the game. Or so I've heard...
Problably, the move would have been too powerfull, although they could have decreased it's powers.

Beta screenie:
[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

I think they just decided that it was sorta ugly and not really as nessesary as in the old games. Or maybe, after this, they dicided to make Din's fire? Or they got rid of it to presserve the idea for MM...

I can't figure out why they decided against it.
However, I feel that they made a good choice on that. I don't think I want to see that flash a zillion times.
OoT had no heart problems, they are always full.... You'd have that beam all over the place.

I think shooting swords is a 2D thing.... I'm no fan of FD-Link either.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
TP kind of did something like this qith the last sword technique, but it was completely different from what you're talking about. Putting it in OoT? ... Naw I can't see it.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Like CZG said, I think the beam sword suited the 2D and older handheld games more. It wouldn't look very good if they tried it now, and with Z-targeting it's like you wouldn't even need the Boomerang or the Bow anymore.

Yeah, it would have made the game way too easy, seeing the dramatic drop in difficulty from ALttP to OoT, which is understandable because of the brand new idea that was 3D. Take a look at the beam sword that Fierce Deity Link uses, and you can see how broken it can make the game (hence Majora being pathetically easy while using it). And as others have said, it would have looked plain tacky in 3D anyway. Smart move on Nintendo's part to ditch it for the 3D titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom