• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Magic Armour = Rip Off

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think the Magic Armor has made an appearance only in 2 games so far (WW, TP), and I don't think they are necessary at all. I mean, it is supposed to help you do endurance dungeons (Savage Labyrinth, Cave of Ordeals), they are very possible without them. So I think they are useless.

I love the Magic Armor in TP, just for the reason that it helped me beat the Cave of Ordeals. I know some of you can beat it with three hearts, wooden sword hack, and no fairies; I can't. The Magic Armor is all that kept me alive during the final stages of that thing, and since my wallet was constantly filled with 600 rupees, I really didn't miss them. In all reality, I think the Magic Armor was designed JUST for the Cave of Ordeals.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's worth using for very short periods of time. For example, a certain attack a boss uses against you that you have trouble avoiding or countering. After that, take it off.

I do not think Magic Armor is worth using, but I think it is worth getting for the brag rights. Also, it is spelled "Armor" and it is in Castle Town, not Clock Town. Clock Town is only in Majora's Mask.
If ZeldaMaster is from the Commonwealth, they have spelled it correctly.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
I do agree with ducknoise i watched a video that showed the importance of getting it besides invincibaility for short periods of time.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I found it useful in the cave of ordeals and it gave me something to use my rupees for. Also like Oocoo Watcher said it does look epic.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I will agree in that it is kinda of a rip-off with how after you pay all those rupees for it and then in order to use it you must give up more of your rupees.

But other than that, I found it to be extremely useful for me in the Cave of Ordeals. Using that thing saved my butt many times, otherwise if I hadn't used it I'd still be trying to beat that thing. Although I had to use a lot of rupees to use it while going through there, in the end it was worth it.

Because thrity rupees for every thirty seconds is less than one rupee per second.
Basically the idea is instead of constantly losing rupees, you'd lose it once every 30 seconds (in an identical amount), allowing you to use the magic armor in quick bursts without much consequence.

Anyway. I didn't have much problem with the Magic Armor. There's no way they could have given it unlimited use, and there was no Magic Meter, so a little like the original LoZ, you have to use rupees as capacity. The only real issue I think was the fact at how late you tended to get it in the game, and how little you really needed to use it because the game was so easy.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I don't like the Magic Armour at all. It takes so much effort to get but it is almost useless. And because of that piece of (almost) junk my wallet is always full, which annoys me ("You found 100 Rupees! But you have to put it back."). I think it's only useful for making the Cave of Ordeals easier. Even then I almost never use it. I want a challenge, right?

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
I found the game pretty easy, so the Magic Armor really had no use to me. I'm sure there were some people who found it funny to mess around with it every now and then, though. It's not really useful at all through the game in my opinion. 3598 rupees is a lot. 3000 just to get the access to the armor, and 598 to actually buy it. Not to mention it takes rupees to even wear it. I'm sure you could put use to it, but the thing about it is that it is acquired so late in the game that you hardly even need it because you have so many hearts, and the game really isn't challenging enough for most people to want to use it. In my opinion, it really was a rip-off. It cost too much and didn't even have much use for a fairly good gamer.

Well, the castle was crammed with darknuts, and for the cave of ordeals it's really useful, isn't it?

Actually I found the Magic Armor quite useful for the Cave or Ordeals. Using it I only lost 11 hearts through the entire thing. If you collect all of the Poe Souls you can just get more rupees at any time from that cat in Hyrule Castle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom