• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was never a forbidden thing. he said for a while... He most likely didnt want a mass nameclaim on day 2, as it would take some of the more interesting aspects out of the game.

Basically this, I don't want it to occur now either, so everyone, even though I'm lifting the ban on name claiming, please try not to go overboard. However, I do not wish to see any role claiming.

Unvote (if I had any)
Vote: Kybyrian

Anyone else find it strange he hasnt been nightkilled yet? Just throwing that out there... the only games kyby seems to live long in are games where he's scum.

Kybyrian

Unvote (if I had any)

Anyone else find it strange he hasnt been nightkilled yet? Just throwing that out there... the only games kyby seems to live long in are games where he's scum.

I have lived until the end of 2 games, Jo. I was godfather in one and townie (power role at that) in the other. I fail to see how this logic makes sense.

If you do lynch me, you will make up false stories about how you apologize and really thought I was scum.

You're pathetic.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Unvote (if I had any)

The wierd thing is no experienced players have been nightkilled yet and it seems they go after unexperienced players.

Either some of the experienced players are scum (odds are at least one is) or they are playing it safe by killing people who haven't made any big accusations.

David

But you called me here...
Assuming Durion used RANDOM.org to assign game roles, there is a chance that one, if not a few, of the experienced members are scum. (Thank you AP Statistics for giving me knowledge on all things random and probable.) If Durion didn't use RANDOM.org, I have no idea what the odds are. Closed setups can provide quite the advantage to the Mafia. We don't know how many of them there are, but they know how many of us there are.

@Axle: The Ventriloquist was the Puppet role. As I understand it, it is as Bay said. The Puppet must vote along with the Puppet master. The puppet master is still alive, and seeing as how the Puppet was town, I bet the puppet master is town as well. Problem is, who could that be?

Now, for a deeper analysis of HoT. His posts have bothered me for quite a while.

Here are the last few posts of his, from most recent, along with a short explanation on why they bother me.

1- Here - His most recent post doesn't help the town at all. He only says that he doesn't have any read on anyone because of the amount of people. Just as a piece of fact, there are 17 people alive still. We started with 27 members. If using a 1:3-1:5 scum ratio, there are probably 5-8 Mafia left. That's between 30-47% of the rest of the players. That's a pretty high proportion of scum left. Only one member of the Mafia is dead, and we didn't do it. Durion did. The Mafioso that was killed was also not one of our suspects either. She was inactive. Odds are the one of the people on the list is scum. As I said earlier, he can't get a read on anyone, when there are some suspicious people that most of us have recognized. Also, he is proud of the Mod Kill of korp, a Mafioso. Maybe a cover to try to show that he's innocent?

2- Here - Funny how he says that he hasn't posted for a while. The time stamps on the posts say that they were about 1 day and 8 hours apart. Hmmm... Seems questionable to me... He also mentions the amount of "bandwagoning" in the game, and that he thinks that the lynch on Meego was too quick. The amount of "bandwagoning" is required for a town win. Less "bandwagoning," as he wants, can be considered a Mafia tactic. Convincing the town to not "bandwagon" leads to a No Lynch, which leads to the Mafia having a chance to kill town in the next night period, thus leaving the town less protected. And about the lynch on Meego comment he made. It appears that he almost knew that Meego was town. The Mafia would have known of her innocence, and asking us, the town, to let her protect herself, could be beneficial to him and the rest of Mafia. If suspicion was driven over to him, he could have then used that situation to try to prove his own innocence. Very odd post, in my opinion.

3- Here - A post to say that he has a finger of suspicion on Josh. Gives no reason, and it doesn't help the town at all. Almost like a "follow the crowd" deal. Also says that he might raise the FoS to a vote, but only if Josh read all of the posts. Funny how Bay (jokingly) went after Josh, yet previously, he said to not trust and follow Bay in #4.

4- Here - He attacks both jden and Bay. Attacks jden for trusting Bay the way he has. He also attacks Bay for trying to mislead us, as I understand by the language of the post. He also states that she "isn't Mafia Jesus" and that jden is "too protective of Jo" and that he should "think for [him]self." I have a few issues with this post. First, Bay is EXTREMELY good at Mafia. She knows how to hunt scum and she's played a ton of games online. Second, Bay did investigate 1 person up to that point. The first was jden, which actually failed. Making the statement "she hasn't investigated anyone" invalid. If he had said "she hasn't successfully investigated anyone," then I'd be happier with the post. The vote was resolved last night. She investigated him again, and he appeared innocent.

5- Here - Correction for a typo. Nothing important here. (unless there's some kind of secret message in it.... [/sarcasm])

6- Here - Attacks Kyby here. Asks him for an explanation on why he voted. Strange how he asks if he's the cop, seeing as how Bay had already role-claimed at this point.

7- Here - Role claim post. Still odd and non-convincing to me. Anyone could have role claimed Prometheus. If he had shown me how he was Prometheus, like how Bay has proved that she is the Cop, I might believe him.

Seeing as how we haven't lynched any scum and that there is a high proportion of scum left (using my calculations earlier), I'm fairly confident in this next action of mine.

Vote: Hero of Time

1- Here - His most recent post doesn't help the town at all. He only says that he doesn't have any read on anyone because of the amount of people. Just as a piece of fact, there are 17 people alive still. We started with 27 members. If using a 1:3-1:5 scum ratio, there are probably 5-8 Mafia left. That's between 30-47% of the rest of the players. That's a pretty high proportion of scum left. Only one member of the Mafia is dead, and we didn't do it. Durion did. The Mafioso that was killed was also not one of our suspects either. She was inactive. Odds are the one of the people on the list is scum. As I said earlier, he can't get a read on anyone, when there are some suspicious people that most of us have recognized. Also, he is proud of the Mod Kill of korp, a Mafioso. Maybe a cover to try to show that he's innocent?

I agree, for the most part. It could be in his nature, but it seems like here he's trying to be a little bit too.....clueless, like he's trying to be a part of the town, trying to associate with them, and act like he knows nothing at all. While he could very well know nothing, it does seem a little off.

2- Here - Funny how he says that he hasn't posted for a while. The time stamps on the posts say that they were about 1 day and 8 hours apart. Hmmm... Seems questionable to me... He also mentions the amount of "bandwagoning" in the game, and that he thinks that the lynch on Meego was too quick. The amount of "bandwagoning" is required for a town win. Less "bandwagoning," as he wants, can be considered a Mafia tactic. Convincing the town to not "bandwagon" leads to a No Lynch, which leads to the Mafia having a chance to kill town in the next night period, thus leaving the town less protected. And about the lynch on Meego comment he made. It appears that he almost knew that Meego was town. The Mafia would have known of her innocence, and asking us, the town, to let her protect herself, could be beneficial to him and the rest of Mafia. If suspicion was driven over to him, he could have then used that situation to try to prove his own innocence. Very odd post, in my opinion.

Here, I can't quite agree. I believe myself the quickness that came of that was much too great. It was almost like a modkill, except we did it ourselves, and we paid for it ourselves. I think we built a lot of petty little reasons why Meego could possibly be scum, went with it and tried our best, at which we did ultimately fail. It seems in, at least this game, we don't think out our choices, which I think is what HoT was getting at. When I was re-reading over this thread, I noticing Jo came in and made an opinion, and even almost automatically jumped on the 'bandwagon' with her, and agreed without real much thought to it. This seemed to happen quite often, and I'm relatively sure the same type of thing happened. Along with that, we were almost looking for someone to lynch. We had gone days with lynching anyone, we weren't making very much progress at all. I think what really happened was we were quite sick of waiting, and giving the Mafia more time to kill people off, and wanted to try our luck.

4- Here - He attacks both jden and Bay. Attacks jden for trusting Bay the way he has. He also attacks Bay for trying to mislead us, as I understand by the language of the post. He also states that she "isn't Mafia Jesus" and that jden is "too protective of Jo" and that he should "think for [him]self." I have a few issues with this post. First, Bay is EXTREMELY good at Mafia. She knows how to hunt scum and she's played a ton of games online. Second, Bay did investigate 1 person up to that point. The first was jden, which actually failed. Making the statement "she hasn't investigated anyone" invalid. If he had said "she hasn't successfully investigated anyone," then I'd be happier with the post. The vote was resolved last night. She investigated him again, and he appeared innocent.

What seems to bother me a lot about this game, is that we do almost treat Jo as God of Mafia. Yes, she has great experience, and has played many games of Mafia, but this doesn't make her consistently right. Who's to say she hasn't been playing us all the entire time? Even now, we're treating Jo as the cop, but (forgive me if I'm missing something, still getting used to this game) can Jo really be proved as a cop. She says she's investigated these people and made posts about it, but how can we really know for sure?

6- Here - Attacks Kyby here. Asks him for an explanation on why he voted. Strange how he asks if he's the cop, seeing as how Bay had already role-claimed at this point.

Again - Is role claiming ever truthful? Role claiming is exactly what it says, claiming to have a role. Claiming doesn't mean fact, and in my opinion he had every right to make that post. Any one of us could be the cop at this point in time. Kybyrian was making a lot of short, silly little posts, acting suspicious and seemingly not trying very hard at all.

7- Here - Role claim post. Still odd and non-convincing to me. Anyone could have role claimed Prometheus. If he had shown me how he was Prometheus, like how Bay has proved that she is the Cop, I might believe him.

Okay, I'm the Godfather. I'm the big bad boss guy. Do you believe me? No, of course you don't. I can't prove it, only Durion or the Mafia could. That's exactly how I seem to be the only one feeling about Jo, making claims she can apparently 'back up'. I don't trust it, I don't trust it at all.

Seeing as how we haven't lynched any scum and that there is a high proportion of scum left (using my calculations earlier), I'm fairly confident in this next action of mine.

Vote: Hero of Time[/QUOTE]

Oh, and ignore that last line and paragraph, forgot to take that out.

EDWDP: Okay. I get it. Ignore this, and the previous four lines! Hahaha!

David

You bring up valid points Josh. I'll lull them over and improve that analysis of mine. I had a feeling that it was too underdeveloped for what was going on in my mind (stupid school work and trying to be helpful in this game... <_<). However, I still believe that HoT is still scum.

Haha. You turn me saying we should let Meego say something before she's lynched into some sort of mafia cover-up? And yes there was bandwagoning, shall I put it in quotation marks like you and act like it didn't happen? And what's wrong with a no lynch? It's better than lynching townies, I would say.

3- Here - A post to say that he has a finger of suspicion on Josh. Gives no reason, and it doesn't help the town at all. Almost like a "follow the crowd" deal. Also says that he might raise the FoS to a vote, but only if Josh read all of the posts. Funny how Bay (jokingly) went after Josh, yet previously, he said to not trust and follow Bay in #4.

Just because I agree with Bay on one thing doesn't mean I'm following her on a leash like the rest of you.

She knows how to hunt scum, eh? How many scum have we killed in three days? I'll let that speak for itself.

There's not many ways to prove myself a vanilla townie besides making you all a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

Really though, a vote based on this is ridiculous. If you would like to lynch a townie and get 2 more killed tonight be my guest. But every once in a while I can be of help to the town(not a roleclaim). Prometheus wants to live to see a town victory.

David

Why are you using bandwagoning as such a bad word? Bandwagoning is ESSENTIAL for a town win. Why can't you see that? Axle went into depth about that subject here, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

A vote based on my analysis is NOT ridiculous. Just because you can't see how scummy your posts look doesn't mean that they aren't. And Prometheus being Vanilla Townie? Highly unlikely. The entire wiki page devoted to him states that he is essentially the "dark reflection" of Batman. He is completely devoted to crime and murder, and rivals Batman in strength. Seeing as how Durion is a Batman fan, I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't make such an awesome character a Vanilla Townie.

Really though, a vote based on this is ridiculous. If you would like to lynch a townie and get 2 more killed tonight be my guest. But every once in a while I can be of help to the town(not a roleclaim). Prometheus wants to live to see a town victory.

It would at least give us greater odds in finding scum during the next day.

David

It would at least give us greater odds in finding scum during the next day.

Yes, it actually would. If we lynched a townie today, and two died in the night, we'd have 5-8 Mafia out of 14 people. That's about a 35-58% chance that we hit scum the next day. While that doesn't help us a ton today, it could help in the long run. My vote still stands.

EBWODP: I said that my vote still stands because I still find HoT suspicious. Not because I want to just lynch a townie to benefit us in the long run.

Yes, it actually would. If we lynched a townie today, and two died in the night, we'd have 5-8 Mafia out of 14 people. That's about a 35-58% chance that we hit scum the next day. While that doesn't help us a ton today, it could help in the long run. My vote still stands.

EBWODP: I said that my vote still stands because I still find HoT suspicious. Not because I want to just lynch a townie to benefit us in the long run.

if there are 8 mafia though, and only 14 people left in the game, then they win by default. I doubt he set the ratio that high but, we lose pretty much once the mafia have the majority.

David

if there are 8 mafia though, and only 14 people left in the game, then they win by default. I doubt he set the ratio that high but, we lose pretty much once the mafia have the majority.

Right. But that proportion would only be reached if there was a 1:5 ratio. If there was a 1:3 or a 1:4 ratio, we'd be alright for another day, but we'd have to be careful on which path we choose to take. If we take big risks, it could destroy the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom