• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Love Letter Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'm at the movies with my girlfriend and won't make it online by deadline. I'll just policy vote and leave it to you guys to pressure and talk.

unvote
Vote:Doc

Policy vote due to lowest post count. Sorry man.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
VOTE COUNT
Frozen Chosen (1): Pendio
Libk (1): Frozen Chosen
Doc (1): Viral Maze
Not Voting (5): JC-Hurin, A Link in Time, Doc, Libk, Jamie

Day 1 ends on Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 9pm PST. With 8 people alive, 5 makes majority

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't know how you'll react. That's what I'm trying to gauge.
Fair enough, I'm not exactly saying you're scummy or not. It could be that you're Mafia trying to get rid of someone early on with little repercussion since 'they haven't played in a while' or you're innocent and looking to catch people out. And I'm not painting you red, I just don't agree with these Day One tactics.

Viral said:
I don't plan on tunnelling you and I'm not at the point of asking loaded questions where the outcomes are 'dammed if you and dammed if you don't.'
See I would genuinely believe this if it weren't for this quote V
You're either trying to paint me red or extremely worried about one vote
So I respond and I'm labelled one of the above and if I don't respond I'm trying to 'slip' through the day. It may not be an aggressive form of tunnelling someone, but you're certainly doing some form of it here.

Viral said:
You're the biggest wildcard for me so I'm trying to figure you out.
As I said before, fair enough.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I do find it interesting how Pendio was so open to my lynch after Viral suggested it. However, I think it was more of a "let's get things moving" type of vote instead of a scum vote. That's just what I see.

I forget who asked someone to claim, but I was wondering if that was the right way to go about this. I think it could be good. Sure, we could have someone fake claim but it could something going at least.
What are your thoughts on Viral?

And @Viral Maze

I have no suspicion that comes close to me thinking they're Mafia since there isn't much to reference and point out contradictions and inconsistencies. I would say I have two at the moment though. Before anything hasty, I'd like to have a good 2 pages of discussion then I think I'll be certain who I'm voting for.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Alright guys lets actually get rolling now. @Jamie @JC-Hurin , what do you guys think of viral maze? Scum again? Him asking if anyone wanted to claim has me suspicious even though it's most likely day 1 shenanigans. It's just that there are some cards that die when they are discarded, could be an easy attempt to draw those people out, or draw out handmaiden and make her use her abilit .

I know I'm not either of these two posters, but Viral's method of constantly questioning players and prodding them forward isn't alignment indicative. I don't remember him doing this as much before this year, but he's used the same tactic twice as mafia - in TF2 and Avengers - and as town in Dollhouse. Something to keep an eye out for is what Viral says down the line, not how he says it. Viral generally isn't a player who lets a scum slip show in the way he's playing the game. I more so want to see his attitude towards specific lynches down the line and how he develops his suspicions towards players.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
Is that the kind of player we'd want in a mini game of this size? One with no day 1 opinions? I doubt this game will last longer than a handful of days.

I wouldn't say he has no Day 1 opinions, so much as no strong day 1 opinions. It's hard to get a feel for players in a completely new small set-up like this, so we'll probably have to go off gut instinct once more for the first day like in Dollhouse mafia. Before we settled on Libk in Dollhouse, a Storm policy lynch was being thrown around for a while, and the same thing is happening now with Doc. There will always be some RNG and uncertainty to Day 1 before there are any alignments and wagons to look over.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Lol are we really doing this again ALIT?

Vote: Doc

anyway @Viral Maze , I haven't played with pendio in so long that I'm not sure what to think of how he is playing. At least not in a way that I've interacted with him much. That said, I don't really think he's acting strange. His reasoning seems sound to me IMO.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
Lol are we really doing this again ALIT?

Vote: Doc

anyway @Viral Maze , I haven't played with pendio in so long that I'm not sure what to think of how he is playing. At least not in a way that I've interacted with him much. That said, I don't really think he's acting strange. His reasoning seems sound to me IMO.

I only accept policy lynches as an absolute last resort. I think lynching someone for inactivity on the first day barely gives any information.

Frozen Chosen, on the other hand, is okay in my book for now, because even though he's barely posted, his last two replies have offered insights about the actions of some of the other players, namely Viral and Pendio.

You've made a handful of posts, but they're mostly RVS and WIFOM. I feel you haven't contributed much to the game thus far, but I like that you've poked people around a little, so we can still get some information from your lynch.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Well at least this time you're actually explaining your vote. I will obviously disagree with me dying but yeah I guess it would be info. Right now it's 50/50 I will die. Unless more votes are added to me/Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom