• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Losing Interest? What?

So I've set out on kind of a mini-journey to complete all the handheld (minus nintendo DS) Zelda games and I've hit a roadblock.
I completed Link's Awakening first and that was an achievement for me in itself since I played it as a kid and never beat it. Then I did Oracle of Seasons, and I enjoyed this game some, but not the best Zelda game I've ever played. Then I tossed in Oracle of Ages and was blown away by how amazing the storyline, game mechanics, and puzzles were :) Now I'm just after Level 5 in Ages and I seem to have lost the interest in the game... Has anyone else ran into this? I fear that if I don't finish it now, it'll be hard to get back into it.

However, I do want to start Minish Cap! Got any ideas or anything for motivation on why I should keep going with Oracle of Ages? Does anyone else take breaks from Zelda games and are successful? I did this same thing once with Twilight Princess and I felt like I had to start the whole game over again.

Hanyou

didn't build that
In general, the 2D games bore me. I enjoyed Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap but quickly lose interest in the other ones.

Ages seems good, but I've never made it past the third dungeon out of boredom.

As for taking breaks, I've done so, and yeah, it almost always makes me feel I need to start the game over. If you're that far in OoA, I suggest just plugging through it until you get to the end. In my opinion The Minish Cap is one of the best Zelda games out there, so you would do well to play it. Perhaps you can alternate--play a bit of a Zelda game you find interesting (start Minish Cap and see if you like it), but never keep OoA too far away. There's really nothing wrong with playing more than one of the games at once, and in this case it might help with the tedium. :)

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I guess its normal...kinda

Zelda is a long game, you cant finish it in one sit. It takes time, and doesnt matter how much time you have beaten it, it makes you think.

Thinking too much is..boring...so yeah, takes some breaks. Keep playing, and your mind wont make you feel bored.

Of course this is not for everyone, at least for me..but I hope it helps.

Thanks for the advice, I am going to toss in Minish Cap and hopefully be taken away for a week on that and maybe try Ages again. I think the other problem with Ages is that its so much like Seasons which I just beat... so that is probably why Ages is making me feel bored. It's like Link's Awakening, then Oracle of Seasons (Basically Link's Awakening II) then Oracle of Ages (Link's Awakening III) has basically done me in. I hope Minish Cap is a change of pace :)

Cheers.

I hope Minish Cap is a change of pace :)

Minish Cap is good for a change of pace, though I don't particularly like it as a zelda game.

There are a lot of different additions adding new aspects of challenge to the game, which is cool, but at the same time has always just felt strange to me.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
It's fairly normal, the main problem I have with Ages and Seasons is that the game doesn't really change anything up. It's just collect 7 or so things and then fight the main boss. There's no cool sidequest to do, and nothing to look forward to. They're 2 of my least favorite Zelda games, so the fact that you're bored when trying to play them back to back doesn't surprise me at all.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I never lose interest to the 2D zelda games. They remind me when i first played Link. It's when an old person has stop playing zelda games, and they will smile at those memories of playing zelda. Maybe us zelda fans will do that. 2D zelda games r pretty awsome and very memorable!

Last edited:
Just wanted to let ya'all know that I'm now into the Minish Cap :) I've found myself to the 2nd dungeon and I absolutely love the map system in this game... I think it just straight up makes sense that people write on your map when you talk to them to mark important locations :)

Anyway thanks for the advice :)

I never stop any game in the middle and get back to it later.

I feel so lost and confused when I do get back to it, so I recommend just finish the game and then take a nice break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom