• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Long video of graphical comparison

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The main thing I'm disappointed in is that they had the opportunity to give wolf link really detailed fur. Why is wolf link not furry? He's furry on the box art jfc. The Wii U is capable of presenting detailed fur. This is madness. Nintendo y

Dan

The main thing I'm disappointed in is that they had the opportuty to give wolf link really detailed fur. Why is wolf link not furry? He's furry on the box art jfc. The Wii U is capable of presenting detailed fur. This is madness. Nintendo y
Probably because it would take time. I remember some games on the original xbox pulled off great fur like the HD remake for concker's bad fur day. Conker had some nicely detailed fur in that game.

MW7

I honestly can't tell a difference beyond enhanced lighting effects. Maybe it's time to go back to the eye doctor again.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
There's...next to no difference.
You are objectively wrong. You just are.
Everyone here can tell that the textures are very much improved, and lively(even though the models still have something to be desired). The textures are totally different from those of its GC counterpart. They are more detailed, sharp, and colorful.
Also, the lighting system is quite different as well, as it makes the bloom lighting of TP more realistic.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Looks great and yeah the people that expected the tech demo graphics.... That would cost the same as a whole new Zelda game or more those graphics from the tech demo aint cheap....

Anyway excited to play this on a hdtv without it being such a blurry mess. How does the wii version in the comparison look like that. On my tv when i played it i could count the pixels and the textures where very blurry. It was really bad stretched.. Did they play it on a CRT or use a upscaler because it really never looks like that for me on my hdtv.

You know lone individuals make HD environments in unreal engine 4. People have actually recreated parts of Zelda games in it and they look similar to the tech demo. It's not that hard to do and it wouldn't cost as much as you might think. There really is no excuse for it not looking better than it does

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSeLdQASixE

Watch this. This was done by a single man. Tantalus could have done a whole game like this in the time that they had.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The difference is there, but minuscule, barely noticeable, and only registered if you take a hard look at a side by side comparison. Tech Demo graphics would be more expensive, yes, but not as expensive as making a full new game, would further justify a price over $30 and would be fitting since everyone other remake has gotten that treatment.

The fact that fans are able to consistently make more noticeable and meaningful graphical differences with much fewer resources and training is just disgraceful. More annoying is Nintendo showing us what their system is capable of to begin with, and then performing below their ability in its later life. No matter which way you try to look at it, it just comes across as lazy.

Living up to the tech demo shouldn't even be a discussion anymore. That was shown to us at the beginning of the Wii U's life cycle. We're reaching the end, and by now we should be talking about surpassing the tech demo.

Reactions: Dio
It's definitely cleaned up, and the work is a lot more evident in these environments than it was in the initial reveal for the game. I still wish that the character models were tuned up, but other than that I'm satisfied with the texture work, it looks nice.

Keep in mind that watching on Youtube is different than viewing on a television screen.

The differences between a high-definition and standard definition are minimal when the footage only takes up half of a Youtube window. But on a 30-60 inch television screen, the Wii version would look blurry and stretched whereas the the higher resolution Wii U remaster would look much cleaner.

Reactions: Dio
That said, from an artistic point of view, the lighting may concern me. Yes, more lighting brings the improved textures to detail. But I hope it the bright lighting doesn't take away from the dark tone of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom