• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link Never Dies

Anemos

Master of Chaos
You heard me right. Link is invincible.

I was playing Minish Cap, and I went to Simon's Simulations. There was a quotation that brought up an idea:

If you should die in this simulation,
why then... Well, I don't know!
It's never happened!!

I decided to test something. I deliberately killed myself in the simulation. I came back, and he said the same thing.

So, I thought of an old quotation from Majora's Mask by Princess Zelda:

The Goddess of Time is protecting you.

And then, the theory came to me:

The Goddess of Time protects Link. Every time he dies, there becomes an alternate scenario. In other words, the timeline splits every time Link "dies".

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Interesting theory, although I'm sure you'll be eaten alive for saying the timeline splits every time! Lol! If I were to follow it up, maybe just the Goddess of Time just lets you relive the moment, not split things and continue a timeline sans Link over and over again.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
If I were to follow it up, maybe just the Goddess of Time just lets you relive the moment...

That's what I'm saying.

But, every time you do that, there are two different scenarios that did happen. That's what causes the Split Timeline, right? Two different points in time continue on in different outcomes.

He comes back to life after death because it's a friggin game. If I had to stop playing every time my character died in a video game, I wouldn't bother spending money on them.

Interesting... But Link never officially dies so there's not much this theory can prove, disprove, or change. Chalk it up to being a video game I guess, but I just don't see the point of this theory.

if you are talking about the timeline. I don't think Link ever dies. Nor is he invincible. Its kind of like saying "Hey Link, target me by pressing the Z button" or something along those lines canon. It obviously doesn't fit that well. I'm not really rejecting your theory, its just not my personal opinion and there is really nothing to prove or disprove it.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I disagreed you up until your conclusion. This is brilliant! I agree with you 100%! Just one problem, I thought the Goddess of Time was only in Termina.
What you are saying doesn't make sense. Zelda talked to Link about the Goddess of Time in Hyrule. Therefore, the Goddess of Time isn't just in Terminia.

Hmmm. I like the theory itself, but if this is the case, then why do we see Link die in combat with enemies, etc?
The Oracle series all takes place at the same time, right? Do you believe that you can't play one if you've played the other?

Here is what happens, according to the theory:

The Goddess of Time, who can probably see into the future, sees that Link will die. At that point, she splits the timeline. There are then two different outcomes. One side, Link dies. The other side, Link doesn't.

It's kind of like the multiple universe theory. Every choice you make creates a different universe. In one universe, you made one decision, in the other, you made the opposite decision.

Except in this case, it has to be a premature split, as you start playing the game again from a specific area, rather than the exact moment where you were about to die. You do not start, for example, at the second where you have to decide to use a spin attack or not.

Are you saying that all Links are the same, or just that they can only die of old age?
I would say that the Goddess of Time chooses to let the flow of time continue, rather than rewind it. Thus, when it comes to a point where the Hero is old and, perhaps, he has a heart attack (because it's obvious how dangerous his diet is :xd:). The Goddess of Time, not wanting to rewind time, cannot stop his death.

Interesting... But Link never officially dies so there's not much this theory can prove, disprove, or change. Chalk it up to being a video game I guess, but I just don't see the point of this theory.

If you must know, I write theories for the sake of theorizing. I do it for fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom