• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Kaepora Gaebora - Related to the Royal Family?

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Kaepora Gaebora is, as stated by a Gossip Stone in Ocarina of Time, the reincarnation of an ancient sage. Many people believes Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru's form when he transforms himself into an animal, but this is highly improbable, as the Gossip Stone states the sage is an ancient sage, and sages can die, so Rauru definitely isn't ancient. We also have some other facts that contradict this, like the fact that there are no sages in Majora Mask, and Termina's Kaepora Gaebora appears in Majora Mask. Finally, also stated by the Gossip Stone, Kaepora Gaebora is a reencarnation of a sage, and if a person is alive it can only transform into an animal, not reencarnate into it.

Beacuse of some facts of Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask, I finally came to believe Kaepora Gaebora is realted with the Royal Family, that is, a member of it, who was also a sage. How, may you ask, have I came to think Kaepora Gaebora and the Royal Family are related? Well, I'll mention all of the things that made me think this. What I must first mention is that in Majora Mask we only know of one Goddess (is it spelled like that? XD), which is the Goddess of Time, because, without its existence, Link wouldn't be able to restart the three days cycle over and over again. In Majora Mask, we can find Kaepora Gaebora is related, dircetly or indirectly, with the Goddess of Time, by giving the player the chance of saving his game by hitting one Owl Statue. How is this related with time, then? This is related with time because, must I remember, the Owl Statues are property of Kaepora Gaebora, and they can reset time if the player does not hit any of them before turning off their consle (the Nintendo 64). Knowing this, it is kind of safe to say Termina's Kaepora Gaebora is related with time, so he is also kind of related with the Goddess of Time. In Ocarina of Time, we find out only the members of the Royal Family know the story of the three goddeesses, so the Royal Family is actually related with the three Goddesses, or else, how woiuld they know their story? As both the Kaepora Gaebora from Termina and the Royal Family from Hyrule know, directly or indirectly, the Goddesses (or the Goddess, in the case of Kaepora Gaebora from Termina), then his Hyrulian counterpart would also have a connection with the Goddesses, thus he would have to have some kind of relation with the Royal Family.

I know my theory is probably a little messed up, and it is kind of weak, with a lot of suppositions, so it is highly improbable that this theory is the correct one, as it is as weak, or maybe a little stronger, than the theory of Rauru being Kaepora Gaebora, but I stil think it won't hurt to apport it.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I never realized that. Could it also be the same Kaepora Gaebora after the owl never really states your name in OoT. (at that I can remember.)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I lol'd at resetting time when turning your console off.
The royal family are not the only people who know about the Goddesses. The GDT certainly does, and he's willing to tell Link about them, so it's probably common knowledge. There's also the ToT (who would they worship except them?). Ganondorf knows about them. Anyone who knows about the Triforce knows about them, and if OoT is related to the SW then we know that just about everyone knows about the ToX. And from TP we know that the interlopers know about the ToX and SR.

linkman8

True and Noble
I'd say this is an interesting theory, and a bit thought provoking, though I'd have to say it's a bit of a stretch. It seemed to lack a really concrete reason as to how Kaepora Gaebora was linked to the Goddess of Time, even with the statues being there. But even if you are right about that, I don't know if that would relate him directly or even indirectly to the Royal Family. Maybe I just didn't read close enough.
Anyway, good food for thought.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I don't want to sound too negative, but there are some holes in your theory.
Kaepora Gaebora is, as stated by a Gossip Stone in Ocarina of Time, the reincarnation of an ancient sage. Many people believes Kaepora Gaebora is Rauru's form when he transforms himself into an animal, but this is highly improbable, as the Gossip Stone states the sage is an ancient sage, and sages can die, so Rauru definitely isn't ancient. [...] Finally, also stated by the Gossip Stone, Kaepora Gaebora is a reencarnation of a sage, and if a person is alive it can only transform into an animal, not reencarnate into it.
Let's say that 2000 years ago, there was a sage called Andy. He died and got reincarnated again and again. His current reincarnation is Rauru, who happens to be able to transform into an owl. When he is in owl shape, he calls himself Kaepora Gaebora. Then Kaepora is the reincarnation of Andy, an ancient sage. And he is Rauru.
The possibility is there, I wouldn't discount it so fast.
We also have some other facts that contradict this, like the fact that there are no sages in Majora Mask, and Termina's Kaepora Gaebora appears in Majora Mask.
The owl from MM might be Termina's version of KG. Termina has several analogues of Hyrulians. Why shouldn't that owl be one of them?

Beacuse of some facts of Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask, I finally came to believe Kaepora Gaebora is realted with the Royal Family, that is, a member of it, who was also a sage. How, may you ask, have I came to think Kaepora Gaebora and the Royal Family are related? Well, I'll mention all of the things that made me think this. What I must first mention is that in Majora Mask we only know of one Goddess (is it spelled like that? XD), which is the Goddess of Time, because, without its existence, Link wouldn't be able to restart the three days cycle over and over again. In Majora Mask, we can find Kaepora Gaebora is related, dircetly or indirectly, with the Goddess of Time, by giving the player the chance of saving his game by hitting one Owl Statue. How is this related with time, then? This is related with time because, must I remember, the Owl Statues are property of Kaepora Gaebora
Where does the game mention that name? For all we know, those are statues of Bizarro-Kaepora from Termina.
and they can reset time if the player does not hit any of them before turning off their consle (the Nintendo 64).
Wait, what? They reset time when you don't turn off your N64? How do they reset time?
Knowing this, it is kind of safe to say Termina's Kaepora Gaebora is related with time, so he is also kind of related with the Goddess of Time. In Ocarina of Time, we find out only the members of the Royal Family know the story of the three goddeesses, so the Royal Family is actually related with the three Goddesses, or else, how woiuld they know their story?
According to that logic, Moses must have been directly related to JHWH.
As both the Kaepora Gaebora from Termina and the Royal Family from Hyrule know, directly or indirectly, the Goddesses (or the Goddess, in the case of Kaepora Gaebora from Termina), then his Hyrulian counterpart would also have a connection with the Goddesses, thus he would have to have some kind of relation with the Royal Family.
That's a stretch. I mean, look at some of the other characters that have doppelgangers in Termina. Ingo and Gorman, for example, look alike but are completely different characters. Anju and the Cucco Lady are not the same.

I appreciate the idea of trying to find new theories about KG, but you're dismissing evidence against your theory while passing off hypotheses as facts.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
As I said in my first post, this theory is actually a bit too weak, maybe as weak as the one hat says Rauru is Kaepora Gaebora, but I also told it doesn't hurt anyone top post this here, so, even though my theory is highly improbable of being incorrect, I think it can lead to the correct theory, and maybe I would ahve gotten the correct theory if I would have thought a bit more when elaborating this one. I like people who harshly criticize my posts (unless they discount me rep. points), so I'm glad you pointed out the holes in my theory.

I'll try to elaborate this a bit more when I have the time... I'll be sure of remidning me that when I can...

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The owl from MM might be Termina's version of KG. Termina has several analogues of Hyrulians. Why shouldn't that owl be one of them?
Where does the game mention that name? For all we know, those are statues of Bizarro-Kaepora from Termina.
These were my initial thoughts, as well. Characters in Termina have no concrete relation to characters in Hyrule other than Link, Skull Kid, and the Happy Mask Salesman. Termina is almost entirely independent of Hyrule.

Flagpole said:
In Ocarina of Time, we find out only the members of the Royal Family know the story of the three goddeesses, so the Royal Family is actually related with the three Goddesses, or else, how woiuld they know their story? As both the Kaepora Gaebora from Termina and the Royal Family from Hyrule know, directly or indirectly, the Goddesses (or the Goddess, in the case of Kaepora Gaebora from Termina), then his Hyrulian counterpart would also have a connection with the Goddesses, thus he would have to have some kind of relation with the Royal Family.
I see no evidence that the Goddesses of Hyrule were known of exclusively by the royal family; Ganondorf knew of the origins of the Triforce (which pertains to the Goddesses), because he knew about the Ocarina of Time and opening the Door of Time. I'm also pretty sure that the Great Deku Tree (or perhaps the Deku Sapling -- I'm not quite sure) refers to the Goddesses at some point. Most importantly, how could something be commonly established as a religion of Hyrule if only the Royal Family knew of the deities in question? It couldn't function as a religion limited to only a select few. Not to mention that many, many characters refer to the legend of the Triforce in OoT, and they must therefore know about the Goddesses, as they are crucial to the legend.
As for Majora's Mask, many characters refer to the Goddess of Time, who I'm fairly certain is independent of Din, Farore, and Nayru, so I don't see that this can be used as a focal point of your argument.
Also, Rauru himself has a lot to do with the Goddesses, as he lives in the Temple of Time, which is the gateway to the single most important object related to the Goddesses themselves, the Triforce; it would be silly for him not to know about the Goddesses.

Knowing about the Goddesses has little to do with association to the royal family; are there any other points that form some kind of relationship?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom