• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jet Force Gemini

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
It was a shooter by Rareware on the N64. I'm just wondering, has anybody else here played it? The game wasn't as popular as Banjo-Kazooie, or any other popular titles by Rareware, but it was amazing nonetheless.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I've only seen UniversalGiant's let's play of Jet Force Gemini. The gameplay looks good but the first thing I noticed about the game was the horrible animation. Their arms never bend when they push buttons in the opening cut scene. regardless, I would still play it because it looks fun.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Sorry for the double post

Sorry, but CSD is right.

I played it once on Project64, but a keyboard (and insanely slow frame-rate) killed any wishes I had to play it.

It was fun while I could stand it, though.

The game does have a kind of slow frame rate, but are you sure it wasn't literally lagging because of PJ64? But I enjoy it still because I played it when I was 6 (although it is rated T).

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The game does have a kind of slow frame rate, but are you sure it wasn't literally lagging because of PJ64? But I enjoy it still because I played it when I was 6 (although it is rated T).

It must've been my computer. Also, the aiming was way too clumsy with a keyboard.

And *puts on incredibly effeminate voice* I'm Shocked! Shocked that the game was just T even with blood in it!

Isn't Jet Force Gemini known to have some of the best graphics on the N64? It came out near the end of the N64's life, so I never got a chance to play it. I've always been wanting to, though.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Isn't Jet Force Gemini known to have some of the best graphics on the N64? It came out near the end of the N64's life, so I never got a chance to play it. I've always been wanting to, though.

It was October 1999, so that wasn't considered "late". Though it did get delayed twice.

Well the graphics were pretty good for the time. I actually think they still are good even in today's standards.

Jet Force Gemini is a brilliant game. The aiming could be a bit clumsy, even on the N64 controller, but it was still incredibly fun. I wish a sequel or port would be made, even if it were for a non-nintendo system, which it probably would be (360).

Unfortunately, Rare has been too busy killing Banjo Kazooie and making Kinect games to do so.

Hanyou

didn't build that
One of Rare's greatest achievements. It had an incredible atmosphere, memorable music, a great story, and pitch-perfect gameplay focused on exploration. I even loved the much-maligned multiplayer aspect!

One thing that's great about it is how well it balances tons of different elements. It's got shooting, platforming, and free-roaming, with several minigames that could be games in themselves. Basically, it's like every good idea on the N64 crammed into one game. I still don't know how they did it.

It did have the same flaw I'd come to expect from Rare: completing everything got to be tedious, and fighting the final boss pretty much required you to 100% the game. This was a bad design decision, and one that prevented me from finishing the game. I loved the time I spent with it, though, and it will always go down as one of the best N64 games to me.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I just beat that game two days ago and rescued all the tribals and did the Floyd mini-games.

Did you know in Banjo-Tooie Bottles kids have pictures of Juno and Vela in their rooms.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
One of Rare's greatest achievements. It had an incredible atmosphere, memorable music, a great story, and pitch-perfect gameplay focused on exploration. I even loved the much-maligned multiplayer aspect!

One thing that's great about it is how well it balances tons of different elements. It's got shooting, platforming, and free-roaming, with several minigames that could be games in themselves. Basically, it's like every good idea on the N64 crammed into one game. I still don't know how they did it.

It did have the same flaw I'd come to expect from Rare: completing everything got to be tedious, and fighting the final boss pretty much required you to 100% the game. This was a bad design decision, and one that prevented me from finishing the game. I loved the time I spent with it, though, and it will always go down as one of the best N64 games to me.

Rare poured their hearts into that game and then threw it aside like an old rug. The soundtrack was out of this world (no pun intended). It was original and would keep you playing for hours...though the tribals were tedious. The rest of the game is totally worth it, though.

I always liked how the first half of the game is linear, then the other half isn't at all. For first time players, it was always fun to explore the worlds again with different characters and unlock new areas that were previously unaccessible. The co-op mode was also great, it makes the game that much more fun. Really, that game beats Halo and CoD combined out of the water without even trying. It had amazing sheer gameplay and music, which proves that you don't need online play and pretty graphics to have a good game.

FINISH IT. The ending is worth the trouble. It's in-human to nearly complete a crown of a game like that and not finish it!

I just beat that game two days ago and rescued all the tribals and did the Floyd mini-games.

Did you know in Banjo-Tooie Bottles kids have pictures of Juno and Vela in their rooms.

Yes, I did know that. There is also some Jet Force stuff on the fridge in Grunty Industries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom