• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Is This Rare?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Actualy, I got the whole thing for $60, not $80. Deal was better than I thought. Also every game came with the instuction booklet as well. The MM instruction booklet actually had some notes in the end of it, inclusing the Bombers' passcode, what I think is the way through a forest of some sort, and a code labeled "Deny". IDK what "deny" means, but I know it'll come in handy. Also, a list of the games it came with: Banjo-Kazooie, OoT, Super Mario 64, GoldenEye 007, MM (of course), San Fransisco Rush, and Hexen (:yuck:).

F

Freak Sheet

I have it too

I've got a gold holographic as well, but my brother got it for me so i'm not sure how rare it is.

If it is indeed rare, we seem to have a collectible on our hands indeed.

Kybyrian

Srsly?! I had no idea! I thought most of them had a hologram. I have a rare one and didn't even know it!

I'm on the same page as Din here. I got my holographic for like 12 bucks myself. I didn't know if they were any rarer or not. I guess I'm a lucky person. I also have a golden Ocarina of Time cartridge, but I don't know how much better that one is than the grey one. :P

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I've actually got one of those as well, Dr3W. Trust me, they're a bit hard to find, and you better have a large amount of cash if you ever really want to purchase one, because on eBay, the prices for them go through the roof. Every N64 game I purchased on eBay went under $5, yet this particular one ended up costing me $17 and two weeks of getting outbid.

You definitely have a rare one on your case. If you're lucky like I am, it should've came with the box as well. The Collector's Edition is essentially the preorder version, like how Ocarina of Time had a golden, glitchy cartridge when it first came out. I'm not sure if it's true for every version, but there was a typo in the Collector's Edition manual of Majora's Mask accidentally implying that it could be played by up to four people at the same time with a tiny piece of paper in there saying otherwise.

So, yes, you have found a rare beauty and should treat it well. I let a friend borrow mine only to have a massive chunk of plastic go missing from the bottom. :facepalm: (Still playable)

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I also have a golden Ocarina of Time cartridge, but I don't know how much better that one is than the grey one. :P

That cartridge is the original version 1.0 cartridge that could only be gotten if you bought it very early after its release. The differences between that and the other versions is the fact that there are muslim symbols (no kidding!) on the mirror shield, large blocks, and buttons that can be pushed by standing on them. There is also muslim chanting in the background music in the Fire Temple. There are also many more fun glitches in that one. I have version 1.0, but it's in a gray cartridge.

You definitely have a rare one on your case. If you're lucky like I am, it should've came with the box as well. The Collector's Edition is essentially the preorder version, like how Ocarina of Time had a golden, glitchy cartridge when it first came out. I'm not sure if it's true for every version, but there was a typo in the Collector's Edition manual of Majora's Mask accidentally implying that it could be played by up to four people at the same time with a tiny piece of paper in there saying otherwise.

No, it did not come with the box, just a N64 with an Expansion Pak, a Rumble Pak, and a bunch of games. It did, however, come with an instruction booklet for every game that it came with. As for the multiplayer misprint, my copy of Modern Warfare 2 came with a slip of paper saying that some copies say that they are compatible with 24 players over system link and that it was a misprint.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The MM instruction booklet actually had some notes in the end of it, inclusing the Bombers' passcode, what I think is the way through a forest of some sort, and a code labeled "Deny". IDK what "deny" means, but I know it'll come in handy.

Just a heads up .. the Bombers' code isn't a set number. It's randomly generated every time you create a file, so odds are extremely high that the code written in the manual won't work.

Yeah, ditto what insanity76 said - the Bomber's code is gonna be different on every file you create.
The "way through the forest" is probably for the Lost Woods, but keep in mind that there is a different "correct" path in the LW for each day in the game, so it may not always be helpful.

I'm not sure what the "deny" code could be. Am curious.

M

MountainTroll

i have a rare cartridge? nice! i bought it for 7 bucks! woo!

I had a holographic cartridge. I didn't realize it was rare though, and sold it. Now I just use the Collectors Edition disc. I kinda regret getting rid of my cartridge though, especially now.

I used to scratch my finger nails up and down the holographic material and pretend I was a DJ because of the sound it made :p

I

IronKnukle22

Well you got a pritty good deal your lucky the person didnt know what they were selling a gray cartrage can usually bring in $200 if you wipe the game memory but if you have the rarest one with the gold and halagraphic like I have its $500 easy depending if you find a collecter that really wants it ive seen some bidding go past well beyound that.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I have the gold/holographic as well and I don't think it is rare. I bought mine off of Amazon for like $25.

F

four swords guy

For Christmas, I got a Nindendo 64. It was $60 for the console with a bunch of games, including Majora's Mask. You are probably thinking "Cool, but what's so special?" The thing is, it's in a golden cartridge, and the label is holographic.
I was wondering how special or rare this might be, and if I got it for a good bargain or not. I've never heard of this before.
i just got 1 they are the collectors edition and are rarer:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom