• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game?

Is Skyward Sword a Good Game or a Bad Game

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• It is not the best but neither the worst game in the series

• Total voters
T

TheKeaton

The barren nature of the overworld bugged me as well but more so the sky than the three landmasses below. You have to keep in mind that Skyward Sword is the first game on the timeline and the races would not have been as settled as during the events of later titles like Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. Essentially, in making an analogy to humans, the races in Skyward Sword were the hunters and gatherers prior to the neolithic revolution.

I'd first like to say that you had a very great reply overall! As for this quote- that leaves somewhat of an explanation for the "no towns" on the surface, but even if it wasn't too civilized, I still think there should've been one place where they all gather (i.e. Gorons have a cave they all live in which soon turns into Goron City in Ocarina of Time). Even the Kikwis could've had a small area with huts or something.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Well they just wanted to lengthen the variety of species, and the town thing was probably because its before the land of Hyrule had became more civilezed, in Minish Cap its only slightly more civilized the gorons are still nomads and the Hyrulians are the only settled species, evuntuly in Ocarina of Time the Zoras and Gorons became more civilized and had at least moderate civilized citys, in Twilight Princess everthing is much more orginised and modern, and so on and so on.

T

TheKeaton

Well they just wanted to lengthen the variety of species, and the town thing was probably because its before the land of Hyrule had became more civilezed, in Minish Cap its only slightly more civilized the gorons are still nomads and the Hyrulians are the only settled species, evuntuly in Ocarina of Time the Zoras and Gorons became more civilized and had at least moderate civilized citys, in Twilight Princess everthing is much more orginised and modern, and so on and so on.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I wouldn't know, I've never played the Minish Cap!

I like the new races, especially the robots. I would rather them go with some new ideas then adding gorons to the 6th game in a row.

T

TheKeaton

I like the new races, especially the robots. I would rather them go with some new ideas then adding gorons to the 6th game in a row.

The robots had a cool story, but why were they robots? The Legend of Zelda takes place in Medieval ages- so why are there robots? I dunno. I personally think they could've come up witha cooler idea.

I tought the robots were awesome. I loved the irony of the past being more futuristic, en the future more eh... pastiristic? (Is that even a word?)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
One my only problems with Skyward Sword was the Song of the Hero quest. I think that it was way too short and Nintendo rushed through that part (which would explain that glitch). It would be a lot cooler if the dragons just gave access to dungeons (after all of the quest stuff to locate them [tadnotes, prison break, immortal fruit thing]). Then it would be a lot better. The Imprisoned fights were getting a little annoying. Then there was Demise. The battle was cool and all, but Demise stinks as a character. There's not much on him. Ghirahim on the other hand, has been shown a lot. The game showed how he changed from going easy on Link, to the point where he'd do anything to revive Demise. Or something like that. Skyloft should've been a bit bigger. Didn't seem like much of a town. But people haven't lived there that long. So I guess that would explain it's size. But maybe there are other islands with towns that are similar to Skyloft.

T

TheKeaton

Ahh yes. I agree, it was quite blatant that Nintendo rushed when it got the the Hero quest. I think they could've made more dungeons (That would be more fun, but the game was already so long as it was), that would be cool. As long as it wasn't the same one forest dungeon, one volcano dungeon, one desert dungeon thing.

Another thread another list, since i have thousands of words scattered around this forum on this subject. Not adding or subtracting anything like in previous posts, here are my ups and downs of SS.

Ups of Skyward Sword
- Decent level design - for the most part despite there being no proper overworld
- Character design - Some of the NPCs looked fantastic and very much like individual characters
- Motion controls - I had to re-calibrate a couple of times while swimming and a couple of times with the Beetle but nothing major

Downs of Skyward Sword
- Flying
- Mogmas
- Silent Realms
- Fi
- Song of the Hero
- Fetch Quests
- Playing the Harp
- The upgrade system
- The bosses
- The repeated bosses...
- The majority of the story
- Linearity
- The slingshot and Scattershot
- The Majority of the music

On the sunject of the graphics, i like them but they didn't blow me away or compel me or bring a smile to my face or connect with me on any emotional level. They were just there..

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd first like to say that you had a very great reply overall! As for this quote- that leaves somewhat of an explanation for the "no towns" on the surface, but even if it wasn't too civilized, I still think there should've been one place where they all gather (i.e. Gorons have a cave they all live in which soon turns into Goron City in Ocarina of Time). Even the Kikwis could've had a small area with huts or something.

I agree with this so much. Why didn't the Gorons have their own village? I don't mind them being archaeologists, but having only three in the game and them all being so far apart? Why??? It just didn't make any sense. They should have had their own village in the second portion of the Eldin province.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
- The Majority of the music

I thought the music was one of the best parts. A ton of people loved it.

Ahh yes. I agree, it was quite blatant that Nintendo rushed when it got the the Hero quest. I think they could've made more dungeons (That would be more fun, but the game was already so long as it was), that would be cool. As long as it wasn't the same one forest dungeon, one volcano dungeon, one desert dungeon thing.

Nintendo could've made those dungeons in World of the Past. I was wondering how everything looked in the past. There could've been towns at that time. It would be really cool to see what the Sandship and everything looked like.

T

TheKeaton

Nintendo could've made those dungeons in World of the Past. I was wondering how everything looked in the past. There could've been towns at that time. It would be really cool to see what the Sandship and everything looked like.

That's a great idea! It would be great to see what the Lanayru province looked like back when all the robots still lived, had an ocean, and the area was grass-y (If that's even a word!).

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've written a few posts on other threads in detail regarding this and I really do not wish to write in detail about these things again. Instead I shall make a list of negative and positive points about the game. The points are as follows:

(-) Lack of interesting or beautiful overworld
(-) Skyview temple
(-) Overworld too much based on puzzles and not enough exploration
(-) Bokoblins and Tentalus looked stupid
(-) No hidden skills, parry attack or backslice
(-) Overuse of motion controls (swimming, flying etc.)
(-) Ghirahim was too likeable and not an intimidating villain
(-) Poor graphics
(-) Too few people to talk to and too few people I would actually want to
(-) Demise had too little time on-screen and little development

(+) Good character development for main characters
(+) Motion based swordplay was interesting
(+) Story was told well
(+) Cinematic cutscenes
(+) Orchestrated music
(+) Interesting bosses, for the most part
(+) Demise's hair

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've written a few posts on other threads in detail regarding this and I really do not wish to write in detail about these things again. Instead I shall make a list of negative and positive points about the game. The points are as follows:

(-) Lack of interesting or beautiful overworld
(-) Skyview temple
(-) Overworld too much based on puzzles and not enough exploration
(-) Bokoblins and Tentalus looked stupid
(-) No hidden skills, parry attack or backslice
(-) Overuse of motion controls (swimming, flying etc.)
(-) Ghirahim was too likeable and not an intimidating villain
(-) Poor graphics
(-) Too few people to talk to and too few people I would actually want to
(-) Demise had too little time on-screen and little development

(+) Good character development for main characters
(+) Motion based swordplay was interesting
(+) Story was told well
(+) Cinematic cutscenes
(+) Orchestrated music
(+) Interesting bosses, for the most part
(+) Demise's hair

Two questions, here. First, why do you think the graphics are poor? Second, why do you think Ghirahim and Demise are poor villains when they're not?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Two questions, here. First, why do you think the graphics are poor?

I'm not speaking for Ganonking, but the graphics are pretty obviously poor, at least for the 7th gen. Jagged edges galore is all I need to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom