• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is OOT overrated?

Is OOT overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
I hardly think it is overrated.
I too enjoy 2-D games more than usual, but OoT has a place in my heart as being in my Top list!

Now if and when Nintendo makes a Zelda game better then OOT,I bet that the OOT fanboys will still say that OOT is better simply for nostalgic reasons.
I personly think that Twilight Princess is better then OOT.
The reason they will say it's better is because they think it is better. Also, nostalgia only comes from happy memories, so the reason for the nostalgia is because they spent alot of time playing it because they they think it's a good game. Some people enjoy the N64 graphics, myself included.

EDIT: This post made a lot more sense in my head.

Teal

Useful Help.
It isent not that overatted but it does deserve to be titled one Masterpiece of an title it is also one of the first 3D games to ever come out thats why its so welcomed.

Tael.

biggreenhawk35

Link's Hawk/Celtic Form
Of course not i mean it changed gaming and even with its graphics it is still know as one of the best games of all time i mean there wouldn't be a 3d remake or the collectors discs on gamecube if oot was overrated

It isn't my favorite Zelda game, BUT, if this makes any sense, it's the best game in history.
In the world of GoldWolf12, favorite and best are very different. Best is, well, the best all around. Favorite is the game witch I enjoy playing the most. Pretty obviously OoT falls short drascically compared to Twilight Princess for example. However, OoT is greater than Twilight Princess and almost any other Zelda game because OoT has the greatest appeal. Anybody can pick up a controller and find something that he or she likes. There's a water temple for people who like a challenge(a really annoying challenge), there's the shadow temple for people who like dark, creepy things, there Jabu Jabu's belly for people who like running... Around... in whales..intestines....... Well I think you guys get what I mean. The older games had that but OoT perfected it. Also, the game is just good. Even today, the gameplay is great the story is awesome and it provides a good challenge. Another thing, put yourself in the shoes of someone when OoT came out. The last Zelda game we had was Link's Awakening. This game blew gaming history up. It introduced so much to gaming in general that it would take hours just to right them all down. In my opinion, OoT is UNDERATED. In parts maybe overrated but it remains to this day a treat to anybody that picks this game up. So, no. OoT is NOT overated in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom